• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, the new Mythbusters starts tonight. Simpon's Myths.... yada yada.....

But, they are replaying the Star Wars episode RIGHT NOW. Yes, folks, that's right. Kari Byron in her R2D2 "dress". :bowdown::drool:

Commercial's over, gotta go!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I found the Trio more humerus then Jamie and Adam. Kari is for sure easy on the eyes. The show won't be the same but I will probably watch it anyway. I'll have to catch tonight's episode on a rerun.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    I quit watching after about 40 minutes. Adam trying to be funny the whole time and failing. Besides, they ran out of legitimate myths 5 years ago.

IMHO, a network should have scooped up Kari, Tori and Grant to do their own show, be it just plain science or their own "myth-busting" (though I suspect there was a no-competition clause in their contracts somewhere). They could take kids' questions and work on those for an hour without problem!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I found the Trio more humerus then Jamie and Adam. Kari is for sure easy on the eyes. The show won't be the same but I will probably watch it anyway. I'll have to catch tonight's episode on a rerun.

The episode last night seemed very slow paced without the whole gang.

I heard they want to go back to basics and show more of the process that goes into testing the myths and building the rigs, but it just seemed like the whole episode could have been 30 minutes but they drew it out to fill an hour.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Why weren't they?

I haven't watched the show routinely for years, but did see the new rocket car one in my HULU queue and watched it. Is that not the new season?

The reason given for their release was vague. Some crap about a new format, blah blah blah.

Probably just down in the ratings and needed to cut salaries. Getting rid of three of the largest salaries plus all the support crew it takes to film what basically amounts to a separate slow was probably the easiest way to get the budget down.

Sucks though.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'm no programming expert, but for a couple of years, I didn't even know what night or time to watch the show. Find a spot for it and leave it. I do know that most shows in a Saturday night timeslot basically have one foot in the grave, so it isn't looking good for Mythbusters. . .and I would take Kari Byron to Pound Town!

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Why weren't they?

I've read that the show was down in ratings some & people felt it had become more about the "tell" and less about the "show" of how they decided & built stuff. Moving back to just having Jamie & Adam, they freed up capital, cut the number of myths required per episode, have returned to the format of the first two seasons when there was some shared screen time, but also split up J&A some during the development & building stages.

Not pleased that the trio weren't invited back to play, but I understand the premise behind the move...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Well I watched the rocket car and they kept repeating the same footage over and over to make the show long enough.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    My girl saw the previews. it is now on the DVR list with Expedition Unknown and What on Earth.

Science Channel has a good thing going. It now outranks the cartoons on my little girl's TV remote. That, and Animal Planet.

Top Bottom