• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff

Home of the P7
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    South Indy
    I'm fortunate to own two four-cylinder vehicles that get great mileage. I can't imagine driving a SUV with prices the way they are.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    My daily driver is a 99 Corolla and I love it :cheers: But still the prices are high even for me and my rice burner :noway:

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    There is plenty of Oil, it's the refinery's that are the choke point.
    Thanks to the tree huggers and the EPA, there hasn't been a new refinery built in the US since the late 70's.

It don't matter how much you pump if you can't refine it's no good.

I think the price of oil is more of a reflection of the dollars loss of value than an oil shortage.

Hell CANADIAN money is worth more than the US dollar.

Never thought I'd live to see that

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Heres my ride 10in lift on 38.5 Super Swampers gets 7.6mpg good thing I only live 8 miles from work :):
    Picture006.jpg

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The value of the dollar is absolutley CRAZY. It was said two weeks ago that we weren't in a recession. HA! $100 per barrel isn't helping either. There is always this option, The Air Car - zero pollution and very low running costs

Anything that needs electricity to charge, isnt solving the problem until our power plants have a renewable resource. Nuclear Power is the way to go! The Europeans already can recycle the waste water from the nuclear plants. Then the cars can be charged without using fossil fuels or coal.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Kinda sounds like something Rosie O'Donnell would say. Maybe Joy Behar?
    If you sold ammo and prices went up wouldn't you benefit? Just cause mini-14 made the statement doesn't mean he is a Rosie O'Donnell (gun ban advocate).

We can go to solar power, wind power. Been north up 41 lately? So many windmills you wouldn't believe.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Fed Head Bernancke bears a good deal of the current blame. His relentless interest rate cuts have devalued the dollar. Oil, which is traded in dollars, becomes cheaper for other, newly stronger currencies, which encourages them to buy more. Devalued dollars also means it takes more for us to buy that barrel of oil, which drives up inflation.

Raise interest rates to empower the dollar and you'll see both oil and inflation drop.

Top Bottom