• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have no idea if the thing is worth ANYTHING... Its a budget brand (roper maybe?) dishwasher with a white front. Probably new in 96. I just replaced it at the realtors advice with a new stainless steel one to match the rest of the kitchen. He said it would really help the house sell better. Is this worth anything at all on the market? It still worked just find when I took it out, but did have some lime/calcium build up. Should I go through the hassle of trying to sell it? If so for how much? Or is it better off donated for a tax deduction?

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Save yourself some time and throw it away. We throw dishwashers like that away on a weekly basis. If you could get $10, I'd be surprised.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Save yourself some time and throw it away. We throw dishwashers like that away on a weekly basis. If you could get $10, I'd be surprised.

This. You can get a brand new unit for under $250. I doubt a 19 year used dishwasher would be worth anything.

If you're a handy guy, maybe a single mom from work or church has a broken one and you could go install it to be a nice guy?

Otherwise I'd say junk it.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Thanks guys... I was pretty sure it wouldn't be worth the hassle of trying to make a couple of bucks, but I wasn't entirely sure. Will goodwill take it? A tax write off it better than nothing, and there is one 5 minutes from my house.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Thanks guys... I was pretty sure it wouldn't be worth the hassle of trying to make a couple of bucks, but I wasn't entirely sure. Will goodwill take it? A tax write off it better than nothing, and there is one 5 minutes from my house.

If you're thinking about Goodwill, do give them a call first. Over the last few years they've pared down a few items from their list of what they'll take. Do yourself a favour and check with them. If dishwashers are on their list of items not to take anymore, you'll save yourself a trip and some back strain.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Someone will haul it away for the scrap value if you leave it out. That's what I would do.

Most are made of plastic and have little scrap value. I don't even think Goodwill will take it.

Best is toss it out front with a free sign. Make sure you write works... It may make it move faster.

You could do a craigslist for a couple bucks, but it may not be worth the hassle.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I contacted habitat for humanity. I need this thing gone asap, as we will probably be listing the house within the next week. Hopefully they contact me tomorrow and come and get it, otherwise its going to go to the curb for the scrappers.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Figured I would follow up on my own thread. The restore guys didn't want it because it was a dishwasher more than 2 or 3 years old. so it went out with the trash today.

On a side topic, they have a greenfield location, and when I drove by it yesterday it was boarded up and had caution tape around the front, are they already closing that quickly after they bought that place?

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Figured I would follow up on my own thread. The restore guys didn't want it because it was a dishwasher more than 2 or 3 years old. so it went out with the trash today.

On a side topic, they have a greenfield location, and when I drove by it yesterday it was boarded up and had caution tape around the front, are they already closing that quickly after they bought that place?

I'm surprised they wouldn't take it. I've seen some OLD appliances at the restore in Bloomington.

Top Bottom