• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I use my Grizzly 600 like another arm and it went down a week and half ago.. used bike bandit and the shipping and the wait is silly.. so I tried another OEM Yamaha dealer online and the same thing happened .. still waiting on parts.
    I haul wood , plow, spread manure and get back and forth to the woods (about a 1/4 mile to and back) almost every day this was used... so now MY question is does anyone else use other online vendors (I have none close to me) and get good service or is it like many other occasions that nobody stock much of anything any more?
    Side note: looking to purchase a bigger 4x4 utility ATV if anyone out there is selling.. I will also post in the WTB section. Thanks.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Does Amazon have what you're looking for? I've never used them for OEM ATV parts, but I've bought some aftermarket ATV stuff off there, and almost always buy AC Delco parts for my pickup from them. My fiancé has a prime account so I usually just do it on her's and get either 2 day shipping free, or upgrade to one day for a nominal fee if I really need the part. Their AC Delco parts usually cost less (sometimes a lot less) than I can buy them from the parts store, and they've sent me the right parts so far.

2001FZ1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Indy
    I use Amazon too. I find a lot of OEM motorcycle parts there and quick shipping.
    Ebay is good for used parts.....like when I flipped the YZ250 and needed another rear brake master cylinder ~$30 and it came with a brake pedal.

I have had good luck with Rocky Mountain ATV and Motorcycle Super Store too.
    https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts/Yamaha
    and
    Yamaha Oem at Motorcycle Superstore

I have 2 dirt bikes to maintain and the GSXR. The closest dealer is 20 miles away and they close before I can get there so I buy most of my stuff online.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I use my Grizzly 600 like another arm and it went down a week and half ago.. used bike bandit and the shipping and the wait is silly.. so I tried another OEM Yamaha dealer online and the same thing happened .. still waiting on parts.
    I haul wood , plow, spread manure and get back and forth to the woods (about a 1/4 mile to and back) almost every day this was used... so now MY question is does anyone else use other online vendors (I have none close to me) and get good service or is it like many other occasions that nobody stock much of anything any more?
    Side note: looking to purchase a bigger 4x4 utility ATV if anyone out there is selling.. I will also post in the WTB section. Thanks.
    Something similar is why I vowed to never own a Yamaha again. At least Honda's etc have good parts availability. We went through a big ordeal with a drive-shaft on a Yamaha snow-mobile about 8 years ago. Local dealer said it was out of stock at the US dist. and it would be 3-6 weeks for the next shipment from across the ocean. 6 weeks came and went, no shaft came. 2 months came and went, still no shaft. After LOTS of run-around it was determined that we may never get the shaft we needed because of the way they (Yamaha) handle their parts distribution. Finally we just made a replacement shaft in our shop and had that one put in. It worked well for several years before an unfortunate accident ended the life of the snowmobile...

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I use Amazon too. I find a lot of OEM motorcycle parts there and quick shipping.
    Ebay is good for used parts.....like when I flipped the YZ250 and needed another rear brake master cylinder ~$30 and it came with a brake pedal.

I have had good luck with Rocky Mountain ATV and Motorcycle Super Store too.
    https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-parts/Yamaha
    and
    Yamaha Oem at Motorcycle Superstore

I have 2 dirt bikes to maintain and the GSXR. The closest dealer is 20 miles away and they close before I can get there so I buy most of my stuff online.

Thanks, I tried all those sights and went with another yamaha OEM place... Yamaha parts Pro. I am doing the whole top end , head, timing chain, adjusters and compression release.. along with a new carb.. Parts pro was considerably cheaper and supposed to have decent inventory and shipping.. I am past the supposed date that the order was to be delivered... my closest dealer would be in Anderson or in Peru.. 40 miles either way. Thanks for the sites you posted. Tim

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Something similar is why I vowed to never own a Yamaha again. At least Honda's etc have good parts availability. We went through a big ordeal with a drive-shaft on a Yamaha snow-mobile about 8 years ago. Local dealer said it was out of stock at the US dist. and it would be 3-6 weeks for the next shipment from across the ocean. 6 weeks came and went, no shaft came. 2 months came and went, still no shaft. After LOTS of run-around it was determined that we may never get the shaft we needed because of the way they (Yamaha) handle their parts distribution. Finally we just made a replacement shaft in our shop and had that one put in. It worked well for several years before an unfortunate accident ended the life of the snowmobile...

I am just a yamaha fan... off road and street... but I just bought a xr200 so now a Honda! ( that is not of vintage/parts bike) not sure how I did get all yamaha's but just worked that way.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    not really pertaining toy your current situation, but do you mean 660??? I ask because I just bought an 04 and I love, I also use it as a work horse with plowing and wood. How has yours held up over the years? Whats the milege/hours?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

PM Kawtech. He will know what to do.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I have experienced this with Yamaha.
    I have also been able to get parts for my 2 Yamaha "Chappies" in a very reasonable time. They were built in 1981 and every part on them was easily gotten.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    not really pertaining toy your current situation, but do you mean 660??? I ask because I just bought an 04 and I love, I also use it as a work horse with plowing and wood. How has yours held up over the years? Whats the milege/hours?

The first Grizzly were 600 cc 98-2001 , mine is a 01 it has 2200 miles on it and dont remember the hours . It has been a reliable and good atv. My daughter tried to kill it about 5 years ago.. rode it around the 4 mile square wide open with one of her friends on the back.. luckily being belt drive it just stopped , didnt flip when the motor seized. If it was turning it was melted , locked or exploded... complete motor rebuild all the way back to the belt drive.. so after all that the rebuild made it like new.
    I use it literally daily. I have a wood boiler and it can pull 1500# of wood in my trailer thru snow , mud and slop up to the floor boards. I pull a arena drag around the riding arena , pull a manure spreader, plow.. it takes it in stride.. but all that the head went bad , leaked oil, timing chain guide went bad and the carb was bad. After all that I am still going to fix it and buy another and keep this as a back up. My wife and I just started a horse rescue and there has been many times when 2 would make life easier and with more work on the horizon 2 will definitely make life better.. I am hoping to buy another grizzly 700 or ?? looking at a praire 650 tomorrow night .

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I was lucky enough to be picked as a test rider back in 98 for the Grizzly before the Grizzly introduction. It was the first 600cc ATV at the time, which was big news. and it a damn fine machine.

Anyway, If your dealer not using Parts Unlimited at their parts supplier you need to find one close to you. They are the biggest ATV parts supplier in the US.

Here is a link to find a dealer close to you.

Dealer Locator | Parts Unlimited®

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Did not know this.. Thank you for the info...

I would also look into Foremans. That's the one I was after purely for the transmission. I couldn't find one anywhere, but I think the Grizzly will do me just fine..

Top Bottom