• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So, I was perusing some SHOT Show 2015 videos on YouTube, and came across this one that purported to discuss chrome vs. black nitride as a barrel treatment. As Mr. Marketer was attempting to extol the virtues of black nitride, he mentioned its lubricant effect; only, he said that black nitride gave the barrel "lubriciousness":

[video=youtube;cS8WK0TioPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS8WK0TioPM[/video]

At first, I wasn't even certain that "lubriciousness" was a real word - so I looked it up. That's when I realized that using the term "lubriciousness" to describe a gun barrel may have certain... unintended connotations:

[h=2]lu·bri·cious[/h] (lo͞o-brĭsh′əs) also lu·bri·cous (lo͞o′brĭ-kəs)adj.1.a. Full of or displaying sexual desire: "They fell immediately into an orgy of lubricious kissing" (Joseph Heller).
    b. Sexually stimulating; salacious: a book of lubricious photographs.

2. Having a slippery or smooth quality: "Throughout the empire a lubricious glaze of venality came to coat every governmental surface"(Cullen Murphy).

[Alteration of lubricous, from Latin lūbricus, slippery; see sleubh- in Indo-European roots.]

lu·bri′cious·ly adv.
    lu·bri′cious·ness n.

In the words of Inigo Montoya: I do not think it means what you think it means.

Top Bottom