• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    70 years after they were liberated, Auschwitz survivors make last pilgrimage to death camp | Daily Mail Online

B8YQzykIQAALKst.jpg:large

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ending the Holocaust was way down the list of reasons we fought in WWII. Hell, the Roosevelt administration didn't even want to acknowledge it was going on. We only "ended the Holocaust", because we ended Nazi Germany. The US couldn't have cared less about the death camps.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Ending the Holocaust was way down the list of reasons we fought in WWII. Hell, the Roosevelt administration didn't even want to acknowledge it was going on. We only "ended the Holocaust", because we ended Nazi Germany. The US couldn't have cared less about the death camps.

Is there no limit to the depravity that is America?! WE ****ING SUCK!! :rockwoot:

I am proud that you actually admit that there was a holocaust. See, you're making progress.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

The Holocaust Museum in DC has a pretty sizeable display regarding the US's indifference or outright dismissal of the holocaust. People tried immigrating to the US before the war and the government drug their feet.

German Jewish Refugees, 1933?1939
    United States Policy and its Impact on European Jews

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's important to remember that there were many Nazi sympathyzers during the war. The Nazis adapted their eugenics and propaganda expertise from us.

There were Jewish leaders calling for the Allies to bomb the concentration camps with the idea that killing a camp's worth of Jews would save that many many times over. Without the camps, they wouldn't be able to continue mass extermination. They were blown off under the reasoning that we didn't have the resources within range to commit to it. Even though we were bombing sites within a few miles.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/bombau.html

Last edited:

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    There is a museum in Terre Haute about the Holocaust. The couple that owns it are Holocaust survivors. I visited it about 9 years ago. They weren't that busy and I had the privilege to talk to the older gentleman that was there. He told us the story about how he always drinks Coke's because that was the first thing that a GI gave him when they liberated the camps and how right then and there he decided that he wanted to thank the US for saving them by joining the US Army.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    After all the loss, can anyone blame Israel for arming their country, and requiring men and women to serve in their defense force?

I don't. They are done going without a fight.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I don't know that most Americans would have been on board with the Roosevelt administration's handling of the Holocaust. And don't forget FDR had his own little concentration camps in the US.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    It's important to remember how evil man can be. This wasn't the last time men exterminated others and it will likely happen again.

You regularly see the evil on a small scale (daily news) and a large scale (Africa). I just don't understand the effort people go to to be evil and how many evil people there are in the world.

After all the loss, can anyone blame Israel for arming their country, and requiring men and women to serve in their defense force? I don't. They are done going without a fight.

I wonder if Shannon Watts went to the anniversary to help the survivors remember how lucky they were to have given up their guns and rely on the government to protect them.

From one of the survivors:
    He concluded that he would like to add an eleventh commandment to the Old Testament list: ‘You should never, never be a bystander!’

Top Bottom