Page 161 of 352 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 171 211 261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 3518
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker777 View Post
    If every kid goes to free college we will have a bunch of substandard colleges churning out idiots in droves and I suspect that will be the end. To think, a bachelor's degree would now be the modern day equivalent to a high school diploma.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/genera...ible-idea.html
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Same thing happened with Woody Allen but he went a different direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Quote Originally Posted by actaeon277 View Post
    What you did there.
    I see it.
    A well traveled INGOer indeed.

Wait. Did you just Denny this subtopic?
    Current Trump Approval rating: +8.

Latest:
    +1 for rolling back GW environmental regs.
    -1 for his part in the failure in repealing Obamacare.
    Net gain/loss: 0

Professor: I Don?t Want to Write Recommendation for Student Because She Likes Guns | Mediaite

An anonymous professor writing for The Chronicle for Higher Education revealed Monday that she was agonizing over whether to give a recommendation because the student in question was a gun enthusiast.
    Links in the above post are not endorsements or signs of agreement. They are just links that I deem relevant to this thread.
    GPIA7R Twitter

So much for professionalism and academic integrity.

I was going to support an instructor on mine in her bid for tenure. She was a good teacher, and really cared about her students. Too bad she had one single opinion that differed from my own.
    Ryan "ElDirector"
    _(O|||||||O)_

Danville Conservation Club | JPFrog Offroaders
    Indiana Four Wheel Drive Assoc.
    I make my own luck.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”
    ― Dante Alighieri, Inferno

Here is the article. Most of the comments are ripping the teacher a new one. She teaches in the Western US, in a small town with, what would be best determined as a "gun culture". I'm wondering what school it is.

Guns, Pancakes, and Ambiguity - The Chronicle of Higher Education
    Everyone should own an Uzi

Quote Originally Posted by eldirector View Post
    So much for professionalism and academic integrity.

I was going to support an instructor on mine in her bid for tenure. She was a good teacher, and really cared about her students. Too bad she had one single opinion that differed from my own.
    I had a professor in an education class that told us during a classroom discussion that he could not participate in the debate because he did not have tenure yet and he had opinions that would cost him any possibility of getting it if he were to discuss them openly with students. The debate had to do with the best methods of teaching reading to elementary students.
    INGO - too small for a republic, too large for an insane asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by rob63 View Post
    I had a professor in an education class that told us during a classroom discussion that he could not participate in the debate because he did not have tenure yet and he had opinions that would cost him any possibility of getting it if he were to discuss them openly with students. The debate had to do with the best methods of teaching reading to elementary students.
    I'm surprised they even allowed such a controversial topic to be discussed at all.