• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've read elswhere, can't find the link now, that those positive effects aren't caused by the caffeine. The scientists involved believe that it's the high [STRIKE]Omega 3[/STRIKE] antioxidant levels that have the benefit.

And just because coffee has some really good positive effects doesn't mean it has no negative effects. I had to give it up years ago because of arithmea.

So unfortunately diet coke probably doesn't have the same benefits as coffee. Too bad. My fav is diet cherry coke. But there are many sources of [STRIKE]omega 3[/STRIKE] antioxidants other than coffee.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I've read elswhere, can't find the link now, that those positive effects aren't caused by the caffeine. The scientists involved believe that it's the high Omega 3 levels that have the benefit.

And just because coffee has some really good positive effects doesn't mean it has no negative effects. I had to give it up years ago because of arithmea.

So unfortunately diet coke probably doesn't have the same benefits as coffee. Too bad. My fav is diet cherry coke. But there are many sources of omega 3 other than coffee.
    Fish. Fish are an excellent source.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I am up at 4:00am. Coffee get's put on while I'm doing the "PeePee" dance. I wait on the pot to finish. 12 cup Mr.Coffee and Maxwell House original. I prefer the MH 1892 but haven'ts seen it in a while.
    I get a cup down me at home and then head to indy through the week. Weekends I'll get it all in me before I hit the roads. NO caffeine in me after 10:00am.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The scientists involved believe that it's the high Omega 3 levels that have the benefit.

Omega 3? That is found in fats. I couldn't find anything indicating it is in coffee. Do you have a link?

Coffee is high in antioxidants and other micro nutrients which is where it gets its various positive effects.

10 Healthy Reasons to Drink Coffee | One Medical Group

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    For the occassional barrage of conflicting scientific facts, blame the 24/7 hr news cycle, interest groups, and the competition to get scientific funding. Because it is science and not necessarily opinion, the stories follow the emerging scientific data, incomplete though it may be. If only blowhards like Limbaugh could be influenced by new data......
    BTW, something in coffee (possibly caffeine) can cause arrhythmia in sensitive folks (me). This can be serious in rare cases. I don't care. I'm still here. It hardly ever happens anymore and when it does, it passes quickly. For me, drinking black coffee first thing in the morn can trigger this. If i add milk, or eat something with the brew, it never happens. See? Even (black) coffee has a dark side.

Last edited:

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I love me some good coffee. I usually drink a pot on my off days and usually 3-4 cups when at work. It helps keep me regular.

RClark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Yep I can say Maxwell house be good. But I only drink in the cold weather. Then it's time for Tea. Odd no one came back with a energy drink comment. Guessing coffee tops them lol

Top Bottom