• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What the Point in cc'ing, when other indicators you wear on your person often give it away? These aren't universal, but, every time I see a guy with a paracord bracelet and in 5.11 pants, they tend to be pretty good clues whether or not a person is carrying. Always kinda irks me, but then again, I assume that they're probably good guys, so I get over it pretty quickly. Do you guys see other clues that "out" carriers?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I don't think CCers care much if another sheepdog spots them. I think they mostly cover for the sake of not panicking the sheep and getting a MWAG (or WWAG) call. The sheep aren't likely to make a 5.11/paracord connection to guns.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    My Jacket is Coyote Brown and has some velco on the sleeves..... I think I usually out myself when I wear it. Problem is I like the 20 dollar jacket too much to wear my north face.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I don't think CCers care much if another sheepdog spots them. I think they mostly cover for the sake of not panicking the sheep and getting a MWAG (or WWAG) call. The sheep aren't likely to make a 5.11/paracord connection to guns.

That's a good point

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I saw this awhile back and thought it was interesting. There was also a comical spoof on how to tell if someone was concealing an I Pad but I couldn't find it

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland

This is the way I've always looked at it. We, as gun owners, are used to seeing stuff like this and making the connection, but I would imagine to most neutral and even anti-gun people they don't really make that connection. Besides if you are ccing and someone does make the connection, if they scream " He's got a gun!", they will make themselves look like a fool in front of everyone else who didn't make that connection, or doesn't care.

You never know, being able to spot fellow carriers could come in handy, god forbid anything requiring force would happen. I see it kind of like the nod that truckers, Jeepers, bikers give each other when going by.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    You could wear a glock t-shirt with tactical pants and combat boots and as long as you are concealed most people won't think anything of it. They'll think you're weird, but that's it. Average people who would freak over the sight of a gun aren't aware or trained enough to spot most CC.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Agree with Jetgirl: I'm not worried about concealing from other gun owners.

The way I dress is related to my function of the day. Some of my hiking pants and trail boots (which for a girl, are relatively tactical-looking) stay on me when I've been in the snow, working at home, or doing anything outdoors for that very reason. I'm too lazy to change them just because I'm going somewhere else.

When I have a concealed carry purse, there's no doubt most gun owners would spot it, especially since I wear it cross-body. Yet I take it in all kinds of "non-gun" places and never have the impression that anyone has a clue there's a gun there.

For that matter I've open carried also out of laziness. I started my day with an IWB plus a jacket or lab coat on and then later took the jacket off. I decide not to bother "covering" just to (for example) pump gas. I've used the pumps at Costco a few times this way, with no comments from the attendant or any looks from other customers. Since the Costco store has a "no firearms" sign but it's rather subtle, I don't know whether or not they would say anything to someone pumping gas. But so far everyone's awareness seems to be a zero.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I think more people notice when I CC than when I OC most of the time. IMO it is human nature to be suspicious of someone who is visibly trying to hide something than someone who is aloof or nonchalant, therefore they are often looking for you to be hiding something.

Keep in mind this does not apply to the few true attention whores out there who actually want a reaction.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Hahaha CenturyMan I actually know a guy who has one of those... Just died laughing when I saw it....

I don't wear 5.11's or anything else, but one night I was playing pool with some friends and a girl asked me why I was starting at some guys butt. I wasn't starting at his butt, but rather his waist line... He was wearing 5.11's and a few other things that made me curious. It was pretty obvious later that he wasn't carrying, at least on his belt, but maybe in a pocket? And I wouldn't know, so I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly certain. Anyhow she was surprised when I explained why, she would have no idea, and neither did her husband/my buddy as to why. So I am with JetGirl, I don't care if someone else who "knows what to look for" knows that person is most likely carrying a gun. I mean look at how many OC guys we have here on INGO and then people are worried about baseball caps and pants! But most people have no idea. I however don't wear "tactical" clothing so I have little to worry about. If someone outs my gun I am also not to worried about it, I haven't done anything wrong (right OC guys?). I mean concealed is concealed, but I am not a worrier.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hahaha CenturyMan I actually know a guy who has one of those... Just died laughing when I saw it....

I don't wear 5.11's or anything else, but one night I was playing pool with some friends and a girl asked me why I was starting at some guys butt. I wasn't starting at his butt, but rather his waist line... He was wearing 5.11's and a few other things that made me curious. It was pretty obvious later that he wasn't carrying, at least on his belt, but maybe in a pocket? And I wouldn't know, so I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly certain. Anyhow she was surprised when I explained why, she would have no idea, and neither did her husband/my buddy as to why. So I am with JetGirl, I don't care if someone else who "knows what to look for" knows that person is most likely carrying a gun. I mean look at how many OC guys we have here on INGO and then people are worried about baseball caps and pants! But most people have no idea. I however don't wear "tactical" clothing so I have little to worry about. If someone outs my gun I am also not to worried about it, I haven't done anything wrong (right OC guys?). I mean concealed is concealed, but I am not a worrier.

Indeed it does. I guess I am of the belief that an actual person that CC's doesn't want to give the "game" away. So I guess, that there are now "official" 4 types of carriers: Those that don't, OC'ers, CC'ers..... and "Muted-Carriers" (henceforth MC'ers - not to be confused with rappers)

gstanley102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 26, 2012
    Delphi
    You could wear a glock t-shirt with tactical pants and combat boots and as long as you are concealed most people won't think anything of it. They'll think you're weird, but that's it. Average people who would freak over the sight of a gun aren't aware or trained enough to spot most CC.

Most people would think you misspelled "CLOCK".

Top Bottom