• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Getting a renewed urge to escape into my backlog of games.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I have most of the consoles if I get the itch to play something on them.

You can find me on Steam here: Steam Community :: GPIA

My current backlog contains the following:

BioShock Infinite DLC Part 2 (just didn't click with me like the first one)
    Mass Effect series (it's so long...)
    Dragon Age: Inquisition (it's so long... and there's a DLC being released already)
    Cities: Skylines (currently playing)
    Darkest Dungeon (very solid new-style Lovecraftian RPG)
    Dragonball Xenoverse (solid fighter, choc full of bugs)
    Hand of Fate
    Shovel Knight
    Skullgirls
    Tomb Raider (wife keeps telling me to finish it)
    Transistor
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (awesome game, just trying to find the time)
    Dark Souls Series (turned off by the controller requirement)
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (again, just trying to find the time)
    Brothers (I got wife to play it, but I never played it myself)
    Bayonetta 2

Lately been playing Hearthstone and Cities: Skylines casually. I raid in World of Warcraft one or two days a week (currently 8/10 Heroic BRF, for those that care... One of top rogues on my realm).

I picked up Guild Wars 2 a couple weeks ago because it was on sale for $10. Pretty neat so far, might stick with it for a bit. Went back and picked up an achievement in Portal 1 (potato sack cheeve) that I hadn't gotten yet. Occasionally tapping into HL2 to get the rest of those achievements as well.

But that's just my current stuff. I could go on about my gaming history, but let's see where this thread goes.

What are you playing lately? Do you consider yourself a gamer?

Last edited:

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Yeah, I also play a lot on Steam..... I'm surprised there isn't an INGO steam group already, I know of a few people from here already....
    Here is the link to my Steam community account Steam Community :: Helen_Keller87

Lately, I mainly play;
    ARMA 2 & 3
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (lost alpha standalone mod)
    Red Orchestra 2
    Insurgency
    Battlefield 2 (Project Reality mod)
    Witcher 1 & 2

Yes, I would call myself a gamer... especially now that I am only working part time and looking for full time jobs. Needless to say, i have a lot more free time than i am used to.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I am a gamer. Right now I have been playing a bunch of battlefield 4 on PC. I have been a huge fan of the series since bf1942, but have watched some gameplay of hardline and am not interested in that.

I have been playing some "Evolve" on the PS4. That is a neat game. I played and finished Shadow of Mordor (good game) and Dying Light (great game) on the PS4.

I have finished every wolfenstein since the first one (really liked multiplayer on RTCW), so am glad to hear TNO is a good game. I will play it through.

I have also been playing DayZ on and off, currently off.

If you want to play a shockingly good indie game: Frog Fractions | Twinbeard

Running into a ton of stress and issues as of late, and just getting a renewed urge to escape into my backlog of games.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I have most of the consoles if I get the itch to play something on them.

You can find me on Steam here: Steam Community :: GPIA
    Also, for what it's worth - I made an INGO Steam Group, if there are a number of people here that would like to collaborate: Steam Community :: Error

My current backlog contains the following:

BioShock Infinite DLC Part 2 (just didn't click with me like the first one)
    Mass Effect series (it's so long...)
    Dragon Age: Inquisition (it's so long... and there's a DLC being released already)
    Cities: Skylines (currently playing)
    Darkest Dungeon (very solid new-style Lovecraftian RPG)
    Dragonball Xenoverse (solid fighter, choc full of bugs)
    Hand of Fate
    Shovel Knight
    Skullgirls
    Tomb Raider (wife keeps telling me to finish it)
    Transistor
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (awesome game, just trying to find the time)
    Dark Souls Series (turned off by the controller requirement)
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (again, just trying to find the time)
    Brothers (I got wife to play it, but I never played it myself)
    Bayonetta 2

Lately been playing Hearthstone and Cities: Skylines casually. I raid in World of Warcraft one or two days a week (currently 8/10 Heroic BRF, for those that care... One of top rogues on my realm).

I picked up Guild Wars 2 a couple weeks ago because it was on sale for $10. Pretty neat so far, might stick with it for a bit. Went back and picked up an achievement in Portal 1 (potato sack cheeve) that I hadn't gotten yet. Occasionally tapping into HL2 to get the rest of those achievements as well.

But that's just my current stuff. I could go on about my gaming history, but let's see where this thread goes.

What are you playing lately? Do you consider yourself a gamer?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I'm working my way through Doom 1... No joke... No cheats either. Has been on my bucket list to beat Doom 1 & 2 fair and square since I was cheat code junkie as a kid.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm working my way through Doom 1... No joke... No cheats either. Has been on my bucket list to beat Doom 1 & 2 fair and square since I was cheat code junkie as a kid.

That's awesome! :D

I can't say I'm a gamer any more. I used to be in a clan back in the UT days. I remember playing Doom when it came out with a buddy over the modem. Playing Descent at all hours of the night. Raiding in WoW. Now I'm lucky to find an hour or two a week that I even feel like gaming. Lately I haven't gamed for 2 months. Was playing the new Wolfenstein and the Borderlands Pre-sequel. Both are great, but gaming just doesn't hold my attention like it used to. Last time I enjoyed playing was when my son was visiting last summer. We spent two weeks straight playing Borderlands 2 for 3 - 5 hours a day. It was a blast. Once he left to go back to college, I've probably only gamed a couple of hours. I'm getting old :(

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I do Guild Wars 2, but mostly World vs. World (WvW) fights with a large competitive guild. It's way more fun than running around unlocking vistas and waypoints. It also nets me enough drops to fund my Ascended crafting and gear. It's getting to be the same ol' same ol' lately, so I've started playing a couple of mindless shoot-em-ups for fun and escape. My favorites I've invested time in are:

1. World of Tanks. Free-to-play, start out in small, WWI tanks, and move up to highest tier Korean War era tanks. Pretty fun, but a large learning curve.

2. Warframe. Another ftp game, basically you're a space ninja that can put on different 'suits' that have different skillsets, and set out to all the planets and moons of our solar system killing hordes of bad guys intent on wiping us out. Very addictive, huge learning curve.

3. The Walking Dead. The only computer game that played with my emotions. At one point I sat and stared at the screen, wishing I could undo what I had done.

I will be looking into Life is Strange. Episode 2 is now out, and there are 5 episodes total. It's been hyped as a 'game changer'.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

I've always said, if I ever have a child... they'll need to play X number of games on the NES before being able to progress to the SNES, Sega, and so on. Got to experience the old stuff before moving into the new stuff.

I occasionally go back and replay some classics. I like the early Final Fantasy series

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I'm currently in the Closed Beta of World of Warships (liking it so far), and rotate among a few games based on mood...

Dragon Age Inquisition (solo and multi)
    World of Tanks
    BF4
    Assassins Creed - Rogue
    Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning

Diablo 3 (rarely)
    SW:TOR (rarely anymore)
    Wolfenstein The New Order (rarely)

I'll have to look up my Origin and Steam IDs, think they're current in my sig...

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I've been a gamer since way back. Started with Doom and Duke Nukem. I've always been more of a PC gamer, though I've been getting into some xbox games lately. Just finished Assassin's Creed Black Flag that my kids got me for Christmas.

Currently playing:
    WoW - returned after several years off, got a Worgen Rogue up to 66...so much easier than it used to be.
    Planetside 2 - I barely level, but it's a fun game when my outfit runs 2 platoons during ops.

I can't find my CDs, or I'd go back and replay Doom3 since I never finished it.

Also, one of my rituals is go go back once a year or so and play Half Life and HL2 start to finish. My two all time favorite games, and they never get old. If you haven't tried it, go get the Black Mesa Project, which is HL2 rewritten using HL2's engine and everything, really enhances the game.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    I am a gamer but no where near as dedicated as I was. I mostly play pc games although I do have a PS3.
    All the Diablos
    Civilization V
    All the Age of Empires I- III and Age of Mythology
    Oblivion, Morrowind
    Dragon age
    Everquest
    Everquest 2
    Vanguard
    Rift
    Wow
    Project 99
    SWG

I have raided in all the MMORPGs, but just don't have the interest now because times are based on Pacific times

Anyone have any suggestions for some new MMORPG that is fantasy based?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am a gamer but no where near as dedicated as I was. I mostly play pc games although I do have a PS3.
    All the Diablos
    Civilization V
    All the Age of Empires I- III and Age of Mythology
    Oblivion, Morrowind
    Dragon age
    Everquest
    Everquest 2
    Vanguard
    Rift
    Wow
    Project 99
    SWG

I have raided in all the MMORPGs, but just don't have the interest now because times are based on Pacific times

Anyone have any suggestions for some new MMORPG that is fantasy based?

Ah, Civ 5... where "one more turn" turns into "why am I still playing at 5am"

Got my start in Everquest with MMOs. I'm into my 10th year with World of Warcraft, but growing tired of it. Like you, I try out all the new ones as they release. There's really no big ones out right now. I think Final Fantasy 14 is still moving along with a strong player-base, but it's definitely it's own style of game. GW2 isn't bad for a B2P game.

Not sure what the next big MMO is going to be... but I'm looking forward to it. Same, I prefer the fantasy setting. Been making Rogues (preferably gnome or another diminutive race) for many years now :)

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    Been gaming for 35+ years. Don't think I'll ever outgrow it.
    Have never felt like building a gaming PC so all mine is done on consoles. Currently playing multiple games on Xbox1. The go to right now for me and a buddy is Destiny. Great game to play co-op on and mess around to relieve stress.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    For almost since launch I've been into Destiny. But on PS4.

It'd be nice to play with fellow gun owners. Especially raids. I'm tired of ending up on raid teams with mostly squeakers and *******s. Especially when the squeakers ARE *******s.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Ah, Civ 5... where "one more turn" turns into "why am I still playing at 5am"

IKR!

Civ 4 added a clock; Civ 5 took it away.

I've spent way too many hours on that series of games.

And C&C / Red Alert series.

Then there's GTA... I'm anxiously awaiting GTA5; I even got a new GTX970 to play it. That card came with Witcher 3, so I guess that will sate my game lust for a while.

I used to play Battlefield 2 a lot, but when it faded out I never found another multiplayer game that I could play.

And to show my age, I started PC gaming by playing Commander Keen.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I thought Amalur was a pretty solid RPG. It's a shame the company went under shortly after it's release. It had a lot of potential.
    Definitely. I think some of its monsters were better than even Skyrim. It's trolls actually looked like a troll should and not some 3 eyed yeti.
    So World of Tank guys what's in your garage. I have
    T18 tank destroyer
    Hellcat
    Birch Gun
    Jagdpanther
    T34-85
    ELC AMX

Top Bottom