Join INGunOwners For Free
    no longer pays the bills

User Info Menu

$12,000 into thin air

According to Reuters (via the Sun -- in London), a man in East London put together the perfect plan for proposing to his girlfriend: Put the ring in a helium balloon and then "pop" the question.

Cute, right?

However, he ran into trouble -- he lost grip of the balloon as he exited the shop and it floated away. He says he chased/searched for the balloon for two hours before giving up. I would too, if I were him -- it was a $12,000 ring.

However, that's not even the clincher. I'll take it directly from the poor sap's mouth:
    "I thought I would give Leanne a pin so I could literally pop the question," he said. "But I had to tell her the story -- she went absolutely mad. Now she is refusing to speak to me until I get her a new ring."
    Um, what?! Dude, if your girl is upset because you lost a ring YOU PAID FOR by accident, maybe she isn't the one. Maybe she was joking, but you don't joke about losing a $12,000 ring.

Maryann James

baltimoresun.com - BaltAmour: Perhaps that's a sign.
    On Instagram @ingunowners
    On Facebook /ingunowners

Forum Rules
    Classifieds Rules

INGO FAQ
    Click here to become an INGO
    Click here if you are interested in advertising

Please do not PM me with general forum questions. Post questions in Forum Support

User Info Menu

Dumbass

User Info Menu

I agree lol :dumbass:
    The views displayed in this post are those only of the person posting and do not necessarily reflect the views of this forum as a whole or its owner and operators.

"You never have trouble if you are prepared for it." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Lone Ranger

User Info Menu

If he walks away, he might have actually saved money.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

User Info Menu

if i was going to pull that stunt that string would be double knotted on something

Plinker

User Info Menu

indyninja... Agreed!

I'd have the balloon filled and then I'd put it inside a heavy duffel bag or something. No way would I be walking around like a little kid with the balloon tied to my wrist... Or worse yet, just holding the string!

This guy sounds like the type that gets what he deserves...

Lone Ranger

User Info Menu

Different world, different folks.

Now me, if I had 12K to buy a ring, I'd buy a 2K ring and spend the rest on a Barrett semi-auto 50 BMG with a nice piece of glass on top.
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Plinker

User Info Menu

bwframe: I like how you think!