• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    This is to inform anyone in central IN who may be interested. The Moving Wall, the original 1/2 scale traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, will be on display April 30th - May 4th in Indy. Location is one block north of the Defense Finance Center at 8800 E. 56th St. on the old Ft. Harrison parade ground. Set up will start Thursday 4/30 in the am and should be finished by 1500, maybe earlier. Open 24 hrs/day.

There will be a ceremony Friday 5/1 at 1800. Keynote speaker will be Medal of Honor recipient Sammy Davis. There will be a Huey fly in and the crew generally allows kids to examine it closely.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is to inform anyone in central IN who may be interested. The Moving Wall, the original 1/2 scale traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, will be on display April 30th - May 4th in Indy. Location is one block north of the Defense Finance Center at 8800 E. 56th St. on the old Ft. Harrison parade ground. Set up will start Thursday 4/30 in the am and should be finished by 1500, maybe earlier. Open 24 hrs/day.

There will be a ceremony Friday 5/1 at 1800. Keynote speaker will be Medal of Honor recipient Sammy Davis. There will be a Huey fly in and the crew generally allows kids to examine it closely.

Thanks! I'll make sure my kiddos get out there.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I visited the Moving Wall in Virginia Beach when I was stationed at Langley AFB and The Wall in DC in 2007. Several years ago I saw the Moving Wall when it was at Ft Ben. I always get a rubbing of Jerry Sabens (from Salem, was killed Nov 66). The last time I visited I also got a rubbing of Lance Sijan (USAF F-4 pilot, Medal of Honor recipient, evaded capture for 45 days, died in captivity.) Lance Sijan's name is on the wall based on when he was declared MIA, that was Nov 67. There was less than a year between Jerry Sabens and Lance Sijan. The number of names and distance between these two names is striking. Go see this exhibit.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A 3/4 scale Moving Wall is at 1780 W Main Street in Greenfield. Sheryl and I went out there today. Jerry Sabens was from Salem, killed in action in November 66. His name is on panel 12E, line 105. His high school classmates drove the efforts for the War Memorial on the Courthouse grounds in Salem. Lance P. Sijan (Medal of Honor, Panel 29E, line 62), his F-4 was shot down November 1967. He evaded capture for over six weeks despite serious injuries and later died in captivity. Richard Etchberger (Air Force Cross was upgraded to Medal of Honor, Panel 44E, line 15) was killed evacuating LIMA Site 85 in Laos March 1968 while under attack by Viet Cong forces. The CIA-paid security made up of locals abandoned the site and the Radar Technicians. Chief Etchberger was the last to leave the site.

Go see it.

In the second picture Sheryl is at Panel 29E (November 1967), I'm at Panel 44E (March 1968).
    Q8UbG6W.jpg

GEd9fzJ.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I saw this in Winchester a few years ago. When you stand at one end of contemplating the thought that every name on it represents someone's son or daughter, aunt or uncle, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband or wife, father or mother, what they might have brought to fruition in the lives of their families and loved ones, what they might have done in their homes and in their country.... And what they did do. What they did give. The names and the wall seem to go on forever. The enormity of their loss, and of their sacrifice, is staggering.
    It brings a tear to my eye just remembering.

Top Bottom