• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Frozen peas (in a bag) will be your best friend for a few days. Lay 'em on your junk and let them conform to the shape of your neuterhood. It isn't really that bad. Depending on your queasiness, your doc should give you options as to the level of anesthesia you desire. I chose the local. Hell, I was offering to hand him instruments but undertakers are weird that way.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    None of that for this cat....... however friends and relatives that have had it done have had mixed results......
    follow the DR's orders.... even if you feel good go sit on the couch and don't move for the weekend.... with a bag of frozen peas on your junk.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well i made an appointment to get a vasectomy, how bad is it going to suck? Anybody have any do's or don'ts to report?

You should wait until March of next year and schedule your appointment to coincide with the NCAA basketball tournament. That way you have an excuse to sit in a recliner all day and watch sports.

Dockem

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    W Indyanner
    Frozen peas (in a bag) will be your best friend for a few days. Lay 'em on your junk and let them conform to the shape of your neuterhood. It isn't really that bad. Depending on your queasiness, your doc should give you options as to the level of anesthesia you desire. I chose the local. Hell, I was offering to hand him instruments but undertakers are weird that way.

Cold packs are good advice.

I'll refrain from cheap humor. Good luck. And no, it's not neutering. :)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    blanks.jpg

Cheap humor is what I do........

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    My FIL's vasectomy was, uh, botched. He claims it was responsible for some testosterone problems he's had, though I can't comment on the veracity of that claim.

I'm here to help.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The responses are varied. I was down for 1/2 a day, then no problem (a little sore for a couple of days). A buddy of mine was down for a week, the sore for a couple more weeks.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My uncle had a serious complication thats 1 in 100,000 they said, but it was super bad! My dad had it done and a few older friends of mine who don't wish to have more kids. They all said it wasn't bad. They said just take it easy because you feel pretty good but not to over do it. After a few days you can about business as usual.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Listen to your doc. No matter how good you think you feel that first 48, DO NOT ignore his orders. 24 hours after mine I was feeling awesome and decided to pick up my 5yo. MISTAKE!

Rest and take your meds religiously and you will experience minimal pain. Its a cake walk. I was off meds by the third day and stepped down to ibuprofen.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    When I got mine at age 34 my wife asked me if I was sure that I would never divorce and remarry and want more kids. I assured her I wouldn't and here we are. Anyway, a little uncomfortable for a couple days and that's it. You will have to have a sample checked in a week or so to be sure there isn't any sperm present before you can get back in action.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    spec4 coming through with the important concern haha and printcraft the blanks was a wonderful touch!

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    To me the best part was when he told me he wanted me to, uhmmm how do I say this....have it function 30 times and then catch the last one for a sample to take to him. I looked at the wife and smiled and told her she was gonna be busy, at the same time he and I were saying this, she was already gasping and starting to say it will take a year. Our Dr thought that was funny....

My Dr has a lady who is his assistant during the procedure....in a somewhat twisted kind of way, that was sorta cool. I mean how often can a married man get fondled by a young chick and your wife not care. I told the young lady had I known she was assisting....I would have brought her a box of chocolates.

Seriously though....I didnt think it really hurt at all. It just sorta feels like you have been racked for a few days. Needless to say, you want being achieving any of them 30 in the next 4-5 days, lol. The ice in a jock strap does feel good....good luck.

Top Bottom