• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hate riders like that! I am a biker and feel that jerks like that guy give us a bad name. I was on In 46 one day between Nashville and
    bloomington when a jerk like that couldn't pass me until we got to where the highway starts going back uphill to
    B-town and he passed on a blind hill with oncoming traffic less than 100 yards from us. If I could've caught up without killing myself I was going to give him my ortho-surgeon brother-in-laws name because if he survives his crash, (when it happens), he's gonna need a good doctor.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They never bit the dust? Well that sucked

There was a good one on liveleak or it might have been bestgore where the dude basically exploded after crashing into a guardrail while doing triple digit speeds.
    Looked like it might have been painful for a few seconds.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    That's interesting! Glad to learn this from a video instead of real life. I would think that my first reaction would be to lean more to the right in order avoid the truck, but being in the situation would be different than just sitting behind a computer.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Being used to driving a car the tendency is to try to "steer" out of the way. It takes a lot of practice and discipline to change your thought pattern to ride at the limit on a bike. I feel for the guy impacting the truck, he appeared to be at a lower skill level than the jackass weaving thru traffic. I find myself having to forcibly remind myself to change my thought pattern when I'm up on two instead of inside 4!

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That's interesting! Glad to learn this from a video instead of real life. I would think that my first reaction would be to lean more to the right in order avoid the truck, but being in the situation would be different than just sitting behind a computer.

Leaning takes time to develop a turn. Countersteering is immediate. Just think: go right, push right. If you want to go to the right, push the right handlebar. The wheel turns left, resulting in a smaller diameter on the right side, thus turning the bike right.

In an emergency swerve (like he should have done), the procedure is to push hard on the right then the same amount on the left to bring the bike back upright and straight; your body should remain upright throughout the procedure.

Top Bottom