• ...and so much more!
  • findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I watch too much TV.

I recently started binge watching GOT's. I had seen most of season 1 several yrs ago then lost HBO. I'm nearing the end of season 4.
    I like the complex relationship between the young Stark? girl and the Hound.
    Sex and violence. What's not too like.
    I can't keep track of all the characters and blood lines.
    Favorite line "the night is dark and full of terror." I'd like to see a red wine with the slogan, "the wine is dark and full of terroir."
    Becoming a king seems to be a death warrant (but ya get all the whores you want and the food tends to be better).
    Strong personalities are usually interesting.
    Tyrian has the worst Brit accent I've ever heard.
    Bring back Ned Stark.
    Naked women are beautiful (at least in the movies).
    Season 4 seems to be taking something from The Walking Dead. Swords/arrows thru the head and eye. Crushing exploding skulls.
    Blond boys are always being portrayed mean and vicious (see Harry Potter as well).
    Dragons are cool, but need obedience training
    The magic stuff is getting out of hand.
    Your thoughts?

Last edited:

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Wait till you get to Season 5!

And for some reason, George RR Martin loves killing beloved characters. Almost can't bring myself to like any more characters because then bad things happen to them! In GOT, bad things only seem to happen to the 'good guys'.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

And for some reason, George RR Martin loves killing beloved characters. Almost can't bring myself to like any more characters because then bad things happen to them! In GOT, bad things only seem to happen to the 'good guys'.

not true. Joffrey buying the farm was satisfying.

i can't wait to see what happens to Roose and Ramsey Bolton.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH

Exactly why I stopped after Season 1.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lots of bad guys "get it" in GOTs. Theon, the Hound, Tywin, Joffrey, the Mountain... and a number of others. GOTs is awesome because, like in real life, the good guys don't always win.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    The show is beginning to lose more and more of its resemblance to the books, which is a damn shame. I usually find myself more aggravated than entertained by the end of each episode.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The show is beginning to lose more and more of its resemblance to the books, which is a damn shame. I usually find myself more aggravated than entertained by the end of each episode.

The first season was the only season that really followed the books.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've only seen choice scenes off YouTube, but I'm totally rooting for Tyrion Lannister. I don't even care if he's the one who killed Joffrey. Joffrey had it coming from way back. Maybe I'll get on Netflix or whatever and binge it sometime, but not soon.

When I wrote stories, I also followed the rule that the only reason to make a character likeable was to enhance the emotion when I killed them off.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I've only seen choice scenes off YouTube, but I'm totally rooting for Tyrion Lannister. I don't even care if he's the one who killed Joffrey. Joffrey had it coming from way back. Maybe I'll get on Netflix or whatever and binge it sometime, but not soon.

When I wrote stories, I also followed the rule that the only reason to make a character likeable was to enhance the emotion when I killed them off.

Grandma Tyrell and Littlefinger killed Joffrey

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sounds complex, my youngest son enjoys it though. May rent the boxed set when it's all over.

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i find season 5 to be the worst.

first - plenty of p oeple you love die. and it sucks. however, joffrey (sp) dies, which is awesome. the hound? not sure if he was a bad guy, or a good guy......i see him as a douchebag with respect. (spoiler alert) even arya sees it in the hosue of white and black, as she is called out on lying about hating him.

now that tywinn is dead, i hope that tommen can let his nuts drop, and cersei can get the axe. i hate that *****.

jaime has turned into one of the BEST characters in the series IMO - he started off as this cocky prick who only cared about winning fights, and now he is in love with (even if he doesnt admit it) the biggest, most hideous creature in westeros, while he fills his time with meaningful quests.

tyrion is hands down the best SOB in the whole show (from season 1 until now) - i think he is too clever to get caught in something that will kill him (daenerys is a bit too clever to kill him as well, IMO)

the uproar about the sansa scene? i dont get it. she is the ****tiest person ever. has NO loyalty to anyone or anything (not her husband, not herself, not her family, not even to winterfell) and she deserves the worst death - BUT IT HASNT COME! WTF!

you KNOW that reek is going to flip **** one day, and i hope its soon. i cant stand the boltons either.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    The first season was the only season that really followed the books.

The first season followed it to the t. It was perfectly done.

I was cool with little details getting changed because there were so damn many characters and it could be hard to keep up, but come on. Sansa leaves the Eyrie and marries Ramsay Bolton? Maester Aemon dies before they even try to make the trip to the Citadel? THEY DON'T EVEN MENTION THAT JON IS CONSTANTLY WITHOUT GHOST AND MELISANDRE KEEPS WARNING HIM ABOUT IT??? Dafuq. That's important stuff.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Love, love, love The Game of Thrones, have been hooked since day one. The end of season 1 I was tempted to never watch again after they "axed" Ned from the show, but I came back for season 2. The show is amazing and in my opinion this is HBOs best work since Deadwood.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    not true. Joffrey buying the farm was satisfying.

i can't wait to see what happens to Roose and Ramsey Bolton.

Joffrey's death was not satisfying enough. Sansa should have been able to stand over his body and watch the life cry itself out of his eyes. But she was lost, scared, and running.

I too am waiting for her to grow up and into the mature character who is strengthened by her hardships. We almost saw it last night when she was taunting Ramsey about being a bastard, but then got all weepy when they showed her the flayed old lady. She should be immune from that by now -- step up! :)

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Did she get a hold of a weapon on that walk

Reddit says it's a bung reamer for barrels, but even a clear picture is hard to make out. I would imagine word of the old ladies death will make it back to Brienne of Tarth somehow before too long. Seems to be implied that she is the help from outside, since she was watching the window of the broken tower.

Top Bottom