Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Let that be my contrarian reply...

User Info Menu

Honestly, I hadn't even realized that was an issue.
    Resident Warning Shot Statist.

User Info Menu

I'm all for this. If they are truly sorry, then they SHOULD be forgiven. Going thru Confession is a wonderful thing. It's an even more wonderful feeling to BE forgiven as well.
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Master

User Info Menu

Priests in the US have been able to do this for years, this order from Pope Francis will allow the absolution to be done all over the world. It's a good thing. He's also cutting the Society of St Pius the 10th some major mercy as well...I hope that will continue any healing process that is going on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Lex View Post
    Honestly, I hadn't even realized that was an issue.
    I don't think it was...
    Orthodox Christian | NRA | GOA | MGNOC | ARRL Member | Purdue Alumnus

User Info Menu

Remarking that he has met with many women who have faced this decision, Francis said that women "who bear in their heart the scar of this agonizing and painful decision" deserve the forgiveness of God if they seek it.
    They deserve forgiveness?

I don't know which is more disturbing. That this man thinks that certain people deserve forgiveness, or that he thinks it is up to him to decide.

ETA: After reading it again, it's possible that Politico was paraphrasing when they used the word 'deserves'. So I'm not certain if the pope actually said that or if Politico was poorly interpreting his words.

I do still maintain that it is ridiculous that he thinks it is up to him to decide whose sins are covered by Christ's sacrifice.
    Last edited by steveh_131; 09-01-2015 at 15:36.

User Info Menu

1 Peter 5:10 But God shows undeserved kindness to everyone. That’s why he appointed Christ Jesus to choose you to share in his eternal glory. You will suffer for a while, but God will make you complete, steady, strong, and firm.

Acts 15:11 We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 11:6 And since it is through God’s kindness, then it is not by their good works. For in that case, God’s grace would not be what it really is – free and undeserved.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lovemachine View Post
    I'm all for this. If they are truly sorry, then they SHOULD be forgiven. Going thru Confession is a wonderful thing. It's an even more wonderful feeling to BE forgiven as well.
    Hasn't thought of this... are people acknowledging that abortion is a bad, a sin, an evil thing now? Hmmmm.
    Let that be my contrarian reply...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R
    Hasn't thought of this... are people acknowledging that abortion is a bad, a sin, an evil thing now? Hmmmm.
    Many Catholics even oppose contraception.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    You mean it isn't?
    Best. Christmas. Ever.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...tmas-ever.html

Adoption Journey.
    http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...ml#post6072842

Lost? Try GPS.
    God's Plan for Salvation.

/l ,[____],
    l---L -OlllllllO-
    ()_)-()_)-o-)_)

Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast