Page 192 of 274 FirstFirst ... 92 142 182 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 202 242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2737

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    You do not understand my challenge if you consider it uncivil. Consider that your definition and mine may differ.

I don't mind if you're offended, but I would mind if that caused you to retreat rather than to advance and continue.

Here: Bible Deists - Gentle WisdomGentle Wisdom
    Can the Holy Spirit speak to us things that wouldn't be verifiable with the written word? In other words, the Holy Spirit can speak the same message in language we comprehend better and for the moment but never contradicts what's written?
    'Christianity does not set faith against thinking but against assuming." T. Keller

ATM

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hog slayer View Post
    Can the Holy Spirit speak to us things that wouldn't be verifiable with the written word? In other words, the Holy Spirit can speak the same message in language we comprehend better and for the moment but never contradicts what's written?
    That seems like two questions so I will treat it as such.

The Holy Spirit may indeed speak to us things that wouldn't be verifiable with the written word just as He did in so many instances that later came to be added to the written word and in the countless instances that were not and never will be included in the written word.

If it contradicted the nature or principle of that which was included, I would scrutinize it rigorously, determined to either reconcile and harmonize it with the written word or identify it as not from the Holy Spirit at all, but possibly just a product of my own selfish scheming or worse, some twisted attempt to deceive.

www.reveresriders.org

Say no to drugs. Say yes to bacon!

User Info Menu

I can dig that
    'Christianity does not set faith against thinking but against assuming." T. Keller

ATM

User Info Menu

These are just my beliefs, of course, always subject to continuous scrutiny and questioning.

www.reveresriders.org

User Info Menu

Only issue would be access to Christ apart from revelation, which I don't believe you're claiming.

ATM

User Info Menu

Only issue would be access to Christ apart from revelation, which I don't believe you're claiming.
    I don't quite understand what it is you don't believe I'm claiming to respond accurately. If it's important, please give me a bit more context to discuss.

www.reveresriders.org

User Info Menu

cool!

Ok. Where is it said that I can/ cannot wear certain stuff? Same place ill find no eating pigs, etc?
    In the Bible.

Deuteronomy 22:11 Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Depending on the translation the Bible says you can't wear socks (or anything else) made of 70% wool.It has to be 100%.

That was my answer to you saying, in another thread, that Muslims that don't follow their rules to a T might as well not be religious at all.
    I don't think much Christians follow that rule regarding clothes and wool content.
    My wool socks don't even have a label with wool content.

I don't even know if wearing them would make me a sinner.

People in every religion always ignore some rules.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    I don't quite understand what it is you don't believe I'm claiming to respond accurately. If it's important, please give me a bit more context to discuss.
    Do you believe you can access Christ outside of scripture, or to use the same word, revelation?

Your first response paragraph would indicate that you do.
    However, your second paragraph describes how you would scrutinize such a thing against scripture. To "know ' in a "Jesus" that is apart from scripture would be a slippery slope. He suddenly can become whatever you wanted him to be.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain View Post
    In the Bible.

Deuteronomy 22:11 Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Depending on the translation the Bible says you can't wear socks (or anything else) made of 70% wool.It has to be 100%.

That was my answer to you saying, in another thread, that Muslims that don't follow their rules to a T might as well not be religious at all.
    I don't think much Christians follow that rule regarding clothes and wool content.
    My wool socks don't even have a label with wool content.

I don't even know if wearing them would make me a sinner.

People in every religion always ignore some rules.
    I apologize for this cheese bag response. I want to spend time doing other things today.

Acts 242 Study | Of Wool and Linen: Deuteronomy 22:11

User Info Menu

Does not the New Covenant govern our behavior as Christians, thus obviating some OT restrictions (such as Kosher, for example)
    My dreams they aren't as empty as my conscience seems to be