Head of NAACP in WA lied about her race.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If your gender can be whatever you want to tell people it is, why not your race?

BTW, kudos to the NAACP for saying race doesn't disqualify a person from a leadership position.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If your gender can be whatever you want to tell people it is, why not your race?

BTW, kudos to the NAACP for saying race doesn't disqualify a person from a leadership position.

Yes. We MUST respect a person's self-identity...or else you're a bigot (of some sort).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Here is a pic of the past NAACP President..........

Benjamin+Todd+Jealous+42nd+NAACP+Image+Awards+OwOCY5-L6Dql.jpg

Here is her pic...

rachel-dolezal.png

I do not think color should matter as long as the person holds the same values as the organization...This guy is African American but with my Native DNA I am quite a bit darker than he...Doesn't make him any less "black" or me anymore "white"....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I blame rap music.

:)

No, honestly, I do.

When I was a teen, I was a bit of an outsider, didn't fit in much. This was before gangsta rap became more mainstream, so the themes at the time were more about empowerment and self-reliance (and chicks) and sometimes just about fun. I would never say I could identify with what it means to be black in America, and can honestly say that I related to the music.

I suspect this woman felt somewhat similar and she was drawn into the culture. Mix in a little fantasy, and maybe some mental health issues, and voila. Things got carried away. Early on, she may even have experienced some anti-white racism herself, if she was into Africa-American studies, and needed some sort of cover for credibility.

The result is sad, but I can understand how someone would get caught up in something like that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

Here is a pic of the past NAACP President..........

I do not think color should matter as long as the person holds the same values as the organization...This guy is African American but with my Native DNA I am quite a bit darker than he...Doesn't make him any less "black" or me anymore "white"....

The NAACP was founded by white people. I do not think one needs to be of a particular ethnicity to be an officer.

I don't think race or ethnicity or DNA should matter, but lying about it should matter a whole hell of a lot. Lying is unacceptable.

Based on the evidence we have, this woman has been lying and deceiving people for the purpose of personal gain. Unacceptable as well as stupid and hilarious now that she's been caught.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't think race or ethnicity or DNA should matter, but lying about it should matter a whole hell of a lot. Lying is unacceptable.

Based on the evidence we have, this woman has been lying and deceiving people for the purpose of personal gain. Unacceptable as well as stupid and hilarious now that she's been caught.

Before we say she lied, I would check the parents background. Maybe she accepted something of which her parents were ashamed. Very much like Martin Sheen and Amilio Estevez.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The NAACP by it's very own name....is a racist organization, much like the Nation of Islam and the Ku Klux Klan

Nope, not even close. There are white members and leaders in the NAACP and white members of the NOI.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Before we say she lied, I would check the parents background. Maybe she accepted something of which her parents were ashamed. Very much like Martin Sheen and Amilio Estevez.

That's a possibility, but based on what we know at this point, being a big fat liar is far more likely.

I don't like liars.

Edit to add: she clearly lied about who her father is and that application, based on the video. Whether or not she overtly lied to the NAACP remains to be seen, but it's obvious she has been purposely deceiving people.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In at least one instance, she claimed an African-American guy was her father... but he isn't her father. She might've meant "father-figure" or something, but she said "father."

ETA: supporting links...

_83582980_66deffd6-84db-4166-a52a-e442d6d33076.jpg

Local news reporter Jeff Humphrey from ABC affiliate KXLY4 asked Dolezal about the claims during an interview about hate mail she claimed she has received through the NAACP's post office box at Spokane in Washington State.
    "Ma'am, I was wondering if your dad really is an African-American man," he asked.
    "I don't understand the question," answered Dolezal. "I did tell you [that man in the picture] is my dad."
    "Are your parents white?" Humphrey asked.
    After that question Dolezal took off her microphone and walked away into a nearby clothing shop leaving her car keys and purse behind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...ending-to-be-black-say-her-biological-parents

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The NAACP by it's very own name....is a racist organization, much like the Nation of Islam and the Ku Klux Klan

But all people can join, which makes it distinct from the KKK.:D

The NAACP is simply a 14th Amendment enforcement organization. Nothing wrong with that.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Nope, not even close. There are white members and leaders in the NAACP and white members of thr NOI.

Sure they are Que...they promote one RACE over the rest. For no other reason than race. They are racists.

An NAAWP organization would be seen immediately as the racist organization it would be.

Why don't they just own up to it. United Negro College Fund...another racist organization that we allow to exist...What if there was a United WHITE FOLKS College Fund? I can hear the outcry.

MLK jr, hated segregation politics...and here we are segregating by race STILL 50 years later.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom