• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On a Musclecar restoration board I'm a member of, someone has this flag in his signature. I've tried to PM the guy, but his mailbox is full, so I'm hoping someone here can let me know what state, country or tribe it is from. Thanks.

411398308.jpg

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the quick responses. I'm surprised the car site I visit allows a flag like that in the signature. They will delete your post and ban you if you try to mention anything about Religion, Politics, or guns.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Next question; where do they get the 3% figure? The muster roles for the Continental army totaled approximately 250,000 men out of a population of about 2,000,000. That equals 12.5%. Few of them were for the entire duration of the war, but it still seems like they should count for something. I suppose that being a 12.5 percenter doesn't sound as exclusive.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Next question; where do they get the 3% figure? The muster roles for the Continental army totaled approximately 250,000 men out of a population of about 2,000,000. That equals 12.5%. Few of them were for the entire duration of the war, but it still seems like they should count for something. I suppose that being a 12.5 percenter doesn't sound as exclusive.

Yeah, but ya know....tyranny 'n stuff. I fly the flag to show all the sheeple how theoretically brave and politically pure I am.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I see by your avatar that you are a fellow time traveler that visits the 18th century for the purpose of drinking from a tin flask and entertaining tourists...Salute'!!!

Based on my experience as the worst sort of thread counter it is my belief that 1/3 of the colonists were Loyalists...1/3 were patriots....And 1/3 didn't give a rat's a$$ one way or the other...In the Carolina's there are accounts of people switching sides (there is one account of a man who switched 5 times) depending on which side their neighbor they had been feuding with for the past twenty years was on.......

Here is the book where I got some of my information...It's a great read and well researched...
    9780380977604_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

Last edited:

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I see by your avatar that you are a fellow time traveler that visits the 18th century for the purpose of drinking from a tin flask and entertaining tourists...Salute'!!!

Based on my experience as the worst sort of thread counter it is my belief that 1/3 of the colonists were Loyalists...1/3 were patriots....And 1/3 didn't give a rat's a$$ one way or the other...In the Carolina's there are accounts of people switching sides (there is one account of a man who switched 5 times) depending on which side their neighbor they had been feuding with for the past twenty years was on.......

Here is the book where I got some of my information...It's a great read and well researched...
    9780380977604_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

Thanks for the book recommendation!

Yeah, I have seen the 1/3 breakdown before, it seems to be pretty well accepted. If you consider that only 1/3 of the population was actually in favor of the Revolution, and that roughly 12% of the total population actually fought in favor of it, that is a pretty high participation rate amongst the military age men that were in favor of it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Lol, way to spoil the party. Now ill always think of you when I see that flag..... because math.

Top Bottom