• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Took the extended family out to dinner. 8 of us with drinks and good food for Bloomington.

They seat a couple across from us in red plaid pj's 6pm Saturday night. They don't even match. Another party of 6 is next to us and they all spend the meal looking at or talking on a cell phone.

We all had a great time ad no issues with the food or service.

The restaurant was Longhorn but who goes out in pj's? As he left with his date I got a good view of underbelly from my seat.

What happened to at least trying to dress for going out. Also I'm going back to using my multi frequency thing so cell phones won't bother me again like that.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When I took my first airplane ride most of the men were wearing suit jackets, the women - dresses. Flying was an event. The theater, a supper club, a real "date"...does anyone do these things anymore? Times have changed, there does not seem to a difference between "public" behavior and "private" behavior anymore.

In truth, we don't get to control how the unwashed masses act, we can only hope to plot a course to higher ground for ourselves.

Ok, there are some kids on my lawn I have the shoo away now...

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Neck-Tattoo Scooter Riders shall inherit the Earth (if they haven't already). "Who are we to judge."

I sure am glad "school dress codes" have made so much progress in society.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It was only a matter of time before the PJ clad lazy folks ventured out away from Walmart into other stores. People are getting lazy to the extreme anymore. As far as the cell phones that has been happening for a while with young and old folks. I would recommend the nice locally owned eateries in smaller local towns. There are some noce ones around.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    St Elmo's was too far to travel.......but our next outing

Sigh...even there the specter of classlessness looms:

I witnessed a "young" man (40's) with his family eat a (complete) large meal, then complain loudly that it "wasn't done right" and he "wasn't paying for ****". The staff tried repeatedly to calm the situation down, but when their backs were turned the whole family just left.

The world has moved on.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sigh...even there the specter of classlessness looms:

I witnessed a "young" man (40's) with his family eat a (complete) large meal, then complain loudly that it "wasn't done right" and he "wasn't paying for ****". The staff tried repeatedly to calm the situation down, but when their backs were turned the whole family just left.

The world has moved on.

I have seen this a few times.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It annoys me when I go out and people wanna make a huge public display that they pray before a meal. It annoys me when people don't mind their own business and watch me eat. It annoys me when there is a whole restaurant full of empty booths and then they sit people right on top of me. It annoys me when people go to a Longhorns and think that's a "fancy restaurant". We go there all the time and I wear my jeans. Never pajamas though. And if I found out someone was ****ing with my cell phone signal they'd be eating a knuckle sandwich

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    When I took my first airplane ride most of the men were wearing suit jackets, the women - dresses. Flying was an event. The theater, a supper club, a real "date"...does anyone do these things anymore? Times have changed, there does not seem to a difference between "public" behavior and "private" behavior anymore.

In truth, we don't get to control how the unwashed masses act, we can only hope to plot a course to higher ground for ourselves.

Ok, there are some kids on my lawn I have the shoo away now...

I still dress well to travel. Free upgrades don't go to people dressed like :poop:

However, the airlines have made every effort to make what was once a kinda neat experience more like riding a city bus.

As for not dressing up to go out....There's not a lot of self-respect out there.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    It oys me wh I go out and wanna mak a huge pu ic disp ay that they p befo e a meal. It noys me when people don't mind their own business and watch me eat. It annoys me when there is a whole full of empty booths and t It annoys me w en people go to a ongho and think that's a "fancy restaurant". there all the time and I wear my . pajamas d if I found out someone was ****ing with my cell ne signal they'd be eating a knuckle sandwich

Your signal seems to come and go. Please look around for a guy with a smug look on his face before trying to send again.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This right along the lines of the growing welfare class. Nobody has self-respect or pride. It used to be a personal shame to accept welfare unnecessarily or to go around looking like a bum by choice. People also used to have respect for others because rude behavior was a sign of low class. People just don't care anymore; whatever is easiest for them.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I still dress well to travel. Free upgrades don't go to people dressed like :poop:

However, the airlines have made every effort to make what was once a kinda neat experience more like riding a city bus.

As for not dressing up to go out....There's not a lot of self-respect out there.

And TO make air travle even more bus-like, I read that airlines are considering standing options for shorter flights! Can you imagine it?

(BTW, I was going to rep you for your post, but I guess in need to rep someone else first... :) )

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    My wife and I went to Bynums last night for our anniversary dinner. They seated us next to a group of people who had NO IDEA what INSIDE voices were. Each kept trying to talk over the other, with increased volume as the result. We had to move to find a quieter spot. I've noticed the lack of inside voices more and more in restaurants. It used to be just the geriatric crowd, and I chocked that up to many older people being hard of hearing. However, now, it is people of all ages. Another thing that REALLY bothers me is when people totally IGNORE their kids, and all the other patrons have to listen to "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad".

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    My wife and I went to Bynums last night for our anniversary dinner. They seated us next to a group of people who had NO IDEA what INSIDE voices were. Each kept trying to talk over the other, with increased volume as the result. We had to move to find a quieter spot. I've noticed the lack of inside voices more and more in restaurants. It used to be just the geriatric crowd, and I chocked that up to many older people being hard of hearing. However, now, it is people of all ages. Another thing that REALLY bothers me is when people totally IGNORE their kids, and all the other patrons have to listen to "mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, mom, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad, dad".
    agreed

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Was the group on their cell phones being over loud and disruptive? If not, wtf is it to you? You were annoyed because they weren't enjoying their evening in the manner you thought they should be enjoying their evening?

Who cares if someone else isn't up to your dress code? Unless they are filthy or stink, wtf is it to you?

Enjoy your meal and company. Don't worry about what other people are doing. You don't have to "put up" with it, you just chose to make an issue of it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The restaurant was Longhorn but who goes out in pj's? As he left with his date I got a good view of underbelly from my seat.

You went to a chain steakhouse and you are worried about people in PJs?

I am more worried that you went to a chain steakhouse. Live, man, live.:D

Top Bottom