• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    HEMPSTEAD, Texas (AP) — The prosecutor in a Texas county where authorities say a woman hanged herself in a jail cell said Monday that it is too soon to determine exactly how she died and that the ongoing case is being treated as thoroughly "as it would be in a murder investigation."
    Waller County District Attorney Elton Mathis said at a news conference that a Texas Rangers investigation into the death of Sandra Bland, whose family and friends dispute that she killed herself, is being supervised by the FBI.
    Authorities have said Bland, a 28-year-old black woman from Naperville, Illinois, hanged herself with a plastic garbage bag July 13, three days after her arrest during a confrontational traffic stop. Her death at the Waller County jail, about 60 miles northwest of Houston, comes amid increased national scrutiny of police after a series of high-profile cases in which blacks have been killed by officers.

Texas Prosecutor Says Too Soon to Say How Woman Died in Cell - US News

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Thats old news…..They have already declared it was in fact suicide, she claimed to have tried killing herself last year, and she had scars on wrists, slashes that hadn't heal or were healing from up to 4 weeks earlier. Seen video of arrest and heard different stories, fighting with a cop at a stop never a good thing, I can't say I agree with how the officer handled things because I have not seen the full video from beginning, but what I saw I don't think he handled it well or the right way.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thats old news…..They have already declared it was in fact suicide, she claimed to have tried killing herself last year, and she had scars on wrists, slashes that hadn't heal or were healing from up to 4 weeks earlier. Seen video of arrest and heard different stories, fighting with a cop at a stop never a good thing, I can't say I agree with how the officer handled things because I have not seen the full video from beginning, but what I saw I don't think he handled it well or the right way.
    In the video I saw, he (the officer) started out handling it perfectly fine. He politely asked the woman to put out her cigarette. When she refused (rather vociferously), he then politely asked her to exit the vehicle (perfectly legal and standard procedure in Texas). That's when she became combative. I think it's extremely naive to think that the police would kill her in her cell over a freaking traffic ticket. This is another case of liberals and the media overlooking the obvious (that she had exhibited suicidal tendencies in the recent past) in order to further the "all cops are murderous thugs" agenda.

I know that most officers have too much integrity to do so, but I would fully support every police department in the country going on strike for a week or two to see who the real murderous thugs are. (Hint: It's not the police.)

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    In the video I saw, he (the officer) started out handling it perfectly fine. He politely asked the woman to put out her cigarette. When she refused (rather vociferously), he then politely asked her to exit the vehicle (perfectly legal and standard procedure in Texas). That's when she became combative. I think it's extremely naive to think that the police would kill her in her cell over a freaking traffic ticket. This is another case of liberals and the media overlooking the obvious (that she had exhibited suicidal tendencies in the recent past) in order to further the "all cops are murderous thugs" agenda.

I know that most officers have too much integrity to do so, but I would fully support every police department in the country going on strike for a week or two to see who the real murderous thugs are. (Hint: It's not the police.)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DoggyDaddy again.

Baltimore was a good example of what the libs do when the police back off.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    That would be this gal. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yYXRIHJm3k

No apparent hostility with her. Until some people start accepting responsibility for their actions these things will continue to happen. Until some people learn that just because you get singled for some enforcement attention it does not mean it is racism these things will continue. In the world I live in if you get caught breaking the law you are going to get talked too about it regardless of your race and not because of ones race. Just because someone is one race or another does not mean you will be able to run around and do whatever you want because of your race. That is what some unrealistic people are expecting these days.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    FIFY... There is no confusion involved.

Really? Would someone really do that?

"I know the death happened in the jail, but the catalyst for the death clearly happened at the traffic stop," state Rep. state Rep. Garnet Coleman, D-Houston, told [Texas Department of Public Safety Director Steve] McCraw, who endured an hour-long interrogation from members of the Texas House Committee on County Affairs.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2015/07/30/lawmakers-review-county-jail-procedures-following-/

After all, Mr. Coleman personally experienced the heavy hand of law enforcement:

Democratic state Rep. Garnet Coleman claimed during a House committee hearing on the death of Sandra Bland last week that he was treated “like a boy” during a July encounter with police, The Daily Caller reported.

“He talked to me like I was a child,” said Mr. Coleman, who is black. “He was so rude and nasty. Even when he found out I was a legislator, he became more rude and nasty. And I didn’t understand why this guy was continuing to go on and on and treat me like a child. And basically like I’m saying is treat me like a boy. I want to be very clear about that.”

But wait...there was dash cam video and audio?

Responding to the claim, the Austin County sheriff’s department released video of the traffic stop Tuesday. It shows the deputy treating Mr. Coleman cordially during the roughly nine-minute traffic stop. Despite clocking the politician at 94 miles per hour in a 75 mph zone, the deputy lets him off with only a warning.
    During one point in the video, the deputy tells Mr. Coleman that he shouldn’t be breaking the speed limit in a state-owned car.
    “I understand exactly what you’re saying,” Mr. Coleman explains, “but I’m not a child.”
    “I didn’t say you were a child,” the deputy responds. “I’m just trying to make you understand…”
    “I appreciate what you’re doing,” Mr. Coleman interjects.
    “OK, just slow down some, OK?” the deputy says.
    “I just wasn’t paying attention,” Mr. Coleman responds.
    “Well, pay attention,” the deputy laughs before letting Mr. Coleman drive away.
    Garnet Coleman: Texas Democrat's claim he was mistreated by police disputed by dashcam - Washington Times

Shazam!

Several law enforcement organizations are calling on state Rep. Garnet Coleman, D-Houston, to apologize after saying he was "treated like a child" during a traffic stop last month.

I think he should not only apologize, he should step down from chairing that committees review of the Bland incident.

But Coleman said Thursday he doesn't see a reason why he should apologize.
    https://www.texastribune.org/2015/08/06/police-associations-ask-coleman-apologize-remarks/

Sigh. Some things you just can't fix.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Let's see...

I have known police who are some of the finest human beings a person could hope to meet. Not surprising since the occupation attracts people who are motivated to make their part of the world a better place.

I have known police who are some of the worst human beings a person could have the misfortune to meet. Not surprising since the occupation can be very helpful to control freaks and people who want a measure of protection over their illegal or otherwise antisocial activities.

Texas seems to be the state sponsor of a disproportionate amount of police malfeasance. On the other hand, Texas has as much area and population as about 5 average-size states combined.

Black females from the Chicagoland area statistically are left-leaning and may or may not be prone to hypersensitivity, especially in what they may well view as a redneck state. On the other hand, Naperville is one of the high-rent districts and not likely to be home to the type of person one would associate with rioting and cop-baiting. Then again, if the high rent district did not have problem people or need police, then Kut would be out of a job.

Now, we throw in doubts about the arresting officer and strong indicators that the arrestee was already prone to suicide and sort those details.

My final conclusion: I am thankful that I alternately drive a truck and farm, and that I am neither an investigator nor a bookie.

Top Bottom