• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I am a parent of a 19 year old boy with Autism. I once read that Mennonites will not vaccinate with any fetal added vaccines.they have 0% Autism.Aletelia ^

As a man who lived in St Mary's co Maryland for 15 + years. At the North end of the county where I lived and my son still lives i believe that is absolute hogwash. East of me about 3 miles are the Amish ( in Mechanicsville ) and south ( in Loveville ) about 7 miles are the Mennonite's and autism is alive and well the both of their communitys. Both communitys have local business and are in the public eye every day. Its certainly not uncommon to see either sect at local doctors offices. You will see the mildly autistic family members out and about. Each community has a home back off the beaten path that the severely handicapped live in. Away from the prying English eyes.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I'm sorry.I just thought Dr.Deisers discovery of fetal contaminants in the vaccines,and not the vaccine itself, that were contaminated with toxic residuals from the fetal cell lines that are known to be able to trigger autoimmunity and insertional mutagenesis,which is when foreign DNA inserts itself into a recipient's genome,might interest someone . Since I just went over the list of Vacs on page 2 ,and find some which are in question are on my son's vaccination records, Your right,....it probably is nonsense

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    It is interesting to see the zealous, dogmatic rebuke that one receives on INGO when he dares to question the safety of vaccines. They are truly an object of religious worship in our society.

Kirk Freeman said:
    Good grief, is Danny Olmsted still at it?

Dan Olmsted did not write this article or do this interview, so who knows? And who cares?

Kirk Freeman said:
    No, I read it. It's nonsense.

You obviously didn't read it since approximately 0.1% of it discusses the Mennonites and 0.0% of it was written by Dan Olmsted.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Now let's drop our religious defense of vaccines and take an objective look at the data presented in this article.

First of all, the source: Dr. Theresa Deisher, PhD

- PhD in Molecular and Cellular Physiology from Stanford University
    - Has worked for 20 years in commercial biotechnology
    - Inventor on 23 patents
    - Not an 'anti-vaxxer'

Her specific complaint with the vaccine industry is their use of aborted fetal cell lines, not vaccines themselves. She makes some interesting points, it was a good read.

I noticed her one comment about mennonites, but she provided no source for it. There may be studies done in mennonite communities that she's read. It is an interesting case study if you can find a large number of children who have been vaccinated only with vaccines not containing aborted fetal cell lines. If that particular group has a 0% rate of autism, that would be interesting. I'm certain that not all mennonites have effectively avoided those contaminants. You'd have to study their medical records to know for sure.

The FDA has debated the safety of using human fetal cell lines for vaccine manufacture for over 50 years, yet actual safety studies have never been done. There has never been an epidemiological study that has considered the relative risk of autism diagnosis based on receipt of fetal manufactured vaccines, which includes MMR II, Varivax, Vaqta, Havrix and Pentacel.

It is sad and perplexing that civil, complete, and rational discussions of these concerns are obstructed by pharma, by the media, and unfortunately often by our elected officials, pediatricians, and family physicians.

Her advice to parents (note that it is not to necessarily avoid all vaccinations):

I would advise parents to demand actual safety studies, rather than the "intellectual" safety studies the FDA performed, regarding the fetal contaminants in vaccines, as well as actual safety studies regarding the adjuvants in vaccines.

Advising parents to demand actual studies about vaccines safety? The temerity!

How do we make progress? Make the pharma companies liable in civil court for vaccine injuries and vaccines will become safe and targeted towards truly life threatening diseases. Allow each parent to choose whether or not and how much to vaccinate their children. Parents of immune compromised children will have to take steps to protect their own children. I had to do this with my son, which I did; I certainly did not demand that the world around me force-vaccinate their children because I would not do the work to protect my son.

Make big pharma responsible for liabilities from their own products? Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I noticed her one comment about mennonites, but she provided no source for it. There may be studies done in mennonite communities that she's read.

She is simply recycling the nonsense that Olmsted wrote about the Amish, what, 10 years ago now?

Fetal cell based vaccines have been around over 70 years.

Advising parents to demand actual studies about vaccines safety? The temerity!

Nothing wrong with that, but continuing the nonsense that some reporter scribbled about years ago does not help her case.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk Freeman said:
    She is simply recycling the nonsense that Olmsted wrote about the Amish, what, 10 years ago now?

Incorrect. Are you sure that you read the article?

Olmsted attempted to find some correlation surrounding complete vaccine refusal in the Amish community. Dr. Deisher was discussing something entirely different, a rejection of specific vaccines that contain aborted fetal cell lines. I don't know where she got her data, but given her rather impressive credentials I am not going to immediately assume that she made it up.

It is also important to note that the Amish and Mennonite communities have been separate and distinct for over 300 years, in case you were unaware.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is the only substance I have to contribute to this thread.

uZC5fF9.gif

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    GPIA7R said:
    This is the only substance I have to contribute to this thread.

I wouldn't mistake that for substance. I am not convinced that vaccines cause autism, but I've seen very little evidence that has convinced me otherwise. And I have read up on the subject extensively.

Kirk Freeman said:
    Yeah, I know.

So we're just going to assume that this Doctor with a PhD from Stanford doing extensive corporate work in biotechnology just made it up? And disregard the rest of the rather long article, full of interesting evidence and reasoning to support her claims?

How very scientific of you.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Vaccine if u want too it is a choice u as a parent have to make. Pump your kids full of stuff because the government ( known liars) says so or because health advisors say so ( known for killing a lot of people with there malpractice not to mention drugs that people die on) or do some research and decide. Some vaccines seem worth it others not so much. Tetnis not so much chickenpox not so much some others seem good

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Kirk Freeman said:
    There I go, demanding evidence again.

I fully encourage you to demand evidence.

At the same time, don't ignore the rest of the evidence that she provided throughout the interview.

Her entire argument does not hinge on one line that you incorrectly attributed to the wrong person based on your ignorance of both her argument and the Mennonite/Amish faith systems.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I fully encourage you to demand evidence.

Great. Send me the Mennonite study. You can even Tweet it to me.

Her entire argument does not hinge on one line that you incorrectly attributed to a different person.

Her nonsense certainly does not help her.

Besides, the OP highlighted the Mennonites and I helped him by telling him the history of that nonsense.

Top Bottom