• ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This is what we're upset about now?

First they came for the guys filming cops... but I don't film cops right now, so I said nothing.

:D

giphy.gif

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    What a waste of resources. Was this failed exercise in subject compliance really a necessary distraction from all the sand that needs pounded in CA?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    First they came for the guys [STRIKE]filming cops[/STRIKE] guys who refused to take their hands out of their pockets when asked.... but I don't[STRIKE] film cops right now[/STRIKE]refuse to take my hands out of my pockets, so I said nothing.

FIFY

So what's the issue her? Approaching a guy to talk to him? Is that an assault on liberty now?

Oh yes, the filming. Sure he has a right to. What law says a cop can't ask him what's up?

Oh yes, the drawn gun...which didn't happen until after the cop asked him to take his hands out of his pocket and he refused, argumentatively, more than once. If you, as a carrier, wouln't have the hair on the back of your neck start going up at that....I hope you're never confronted with a situation where you have to defend yourself with a firearm. I'm sure you'll all wait until you actually see the gun before you do ANYTHING to prepare to respond. I'll send flowers.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    FIFY

So what's the issue her? Approaching a guy to talk to him? Is that an assault on liberty now?

Oh yes, the filming. Sure he has a right to. What law says a cop can't ask him what's up?

Oh yes, the drawn gun...which didn't happen until after the cop asked him to take his hands out of his pocket and he refused, argumentatively, more than once. If you, as a carrier, wouln't have the hair on the back of your neck start going up at that....I hope you're never confronted with a situation where you have to defend yourself with a firearm. I'm sure you'll all wait until you actually see the gun before you do ANYTHING to prepare to respond. I'll send flowers.

I don't make it a habit to stop and approach strangers standing in their own yard, issuing orders and expecting compliance. Good luck with that.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    If I initiate a confrontation with someone who is obviously unwilling to have a conversation, I can pull my firearm if they don't take their hands out of their pocket. Got it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    FIFY

So, guy is on his own property, minding his own business, doing nothing unlawful while hitching a boat to his truck. Officer Friendly starts stalking him in his vehicle. Guy decides to roll tape. Officer Friendly pulls up, exits his vehicle, and starts barking orders while approaching the guy. Officer Friendly gives an unlawful order for guy (on his own property, minding his own business, doing nothing unlawful) to remove his hands from his pockets - while at the same time, pulling out his firearm.

You'd be okay with that taking place at Hough Manor?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    So, guy is on his own property, minding his own business, doing nothing unlawful while hitching a boat to his truck. Officer Friendly starts stalking him in his vehicle. Guy decides to roll tape. Officer Friendly pulls up, exits his vehicle, and starts barking orders while approaching the guy. Officer Friendly gives an unlawful order for guy (on his own property, minding his own business, doing nothing unlawful) to remove his hands from his pockets - while at the same time, pulling out his firearm.

You'd be okay with that taking place at Hough Manor?
    images

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    If cops in California are driving around looking for people hooking up trailers to draw their guns on, then I think they may have too many cops.

Top Bottom