Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stephen87 View Post
    We have a pit. She's the sweetest dog ever. She bit me once while playing, that was the last time. As long as they're treated right, they're fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by 17 squirrel View Post
    Now there's a statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by CZB1962 View Post
    I'm not really sure which way you were going with this. My nieces's dogs are indoor dogs that are part of the family but yet one of them killed another dog.

I was responding to , shes a sweet dog, the last person she bit was me, and if you treat them right , they are fine.

So what happens when a known biter is being walked and a kid grabs the dogs tail or accidentally steps on the dogs paw ? Is it going to bite again ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 17 squirrel View Post
    So what happens when a known biter is being walked and a kid grabs the dogs tail or accidentally steps on the dogs paw ? Is it going to bite again ?
    If it does, the owner should be prepared for the resulting civil suit and treble damages.

User Info Menu

As much as I like my dogs, they will not get a second chance to bite another person.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    As much as I like my dogs, they will not get a second chance to bite another person.
    QFT! My pit would not get a second chance to do it either. Nor would any other breed of dog I had. I will not have an aggressive dog. Period.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cobber View Post
    If it does, the owner should be prepared for the resulting civil suit and treble damages.
    Absolutely.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stephen87 View Post
    I would agree that they do a LOT of damage. However, they're also a fairly large dog. I had no choice with the Pit. She came with the girlfriend. Great temperament though.
    Unless she's a redhead. Redheads bite.

Oh, you were talking about the dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    "Don't be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!" - Jerusalem 445 BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
    "If you don't have a gun, sell your coat and buy one." - Jerusalem April 14th, 30 AD - Thursday, 11:38pm IST
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
    INGO SUCKS.....

User Info Menu

I think a lot of folks confuse aggression with strength.
    Ryan "ElDirector"

Expert

User Info Menu

Breeds look, and behave differently. Generally in allignment with the breed standard.
    In other words, I don't buy the "a dog is a dog" argument for a second.

Can you get a terrier to retrieve? Sure. But you are training against nature. It's far easier to get a retriever to retrieve. You can also teach a monkey to wear a suit and ride a bicycle. But when stressed or threatened, that monkey isn't going to loosen his necktie and pedal his bike to safety. He's going to climb a tree.

My most recent dog was a terrier with an ENORMOUS prey instinct.
    If he hadn't been deaf and mostly blind, he would have gotten every squirrel and chipmunk in Indy.
    VERY aggressive towards vermin. Super friendly towards other dogs (a lover, not a fighter) and mostly disinterested in humans.

My first, a Doberman with a goofy personality who loved to cuddle and was an incurable "leaner". She always assumed other dogs wanted to play, cats wanted to be chased, and people were friends- unless she picked up a vibe that told her to behave differently. And I can't say she was ever wrong when she got protective.

So when I read that a pitbull or pack of pit bulls escaped their yard and attacked another animal, or child, or elderly neighbor, or just someone passing by; I'm not surprised nor shocked.

No more so than if I read a story about a bloodhound tracking down a lost child or a Labrador winning a dock competition, or a border collie winning an agility competition.

Just my 2cents.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CZB1962 View Post
    I'm not really sure which way you were going with this. My nieces's dogs are indoor dogs that are part of the family but yet one of them killed another dog.
    Yeaaaa.... And indoor dogs are well known not to bite humans because of what ?
    because your Niece treats them like family members that the dogs now think like a human ?
    Or
    Maybe how nice it is living in a environmently controlled environment ?

User Info Menu

Reminds me of a Red Skelton joke. The Poodle and the Great Dane.

Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast