Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    ^^THIS^^^^I am not an expert, but for what its worth pits (and Rottweilers) are the custom house 1911s of dogs. They can be made to have a hair triggers and require the owner to have absolute and precise control. In many instances you can look to the owner for why the dog is a problem. The owner must have the dogs unquestioned obedience at all times or there will be trouble
    The day that your 1911 grows a brain and can decide for itself when to fire, or when you develop total mind control over an animal I will accept your analogy. Until then I am calling Bull****!

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mbills2223 View Post
    Consider source

For the link?
    or your nanny dog claim?

User Info Menu

Accepted. I was attempting to speak more toward the point that a pit bull owner (or 1911 owner) who has a nearly empty skill set is probly a danger to himself and others. There is a reason most people shouldn't pick a CQB or an ED Brown for their first gun, but the attempt to use a gun analogy WAS a bit of a stretch. That said, if that type of dog doesn't ABSOLUTELY accept your authority under all circumstances there will be trouble. Most owners can't pull this off.
    Who knew liberty would contain so many stems and seeds

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BugI02 View Post
    Accepted. I was attempting to speak more toward the point that a pit bull owner (or 1911 owner) who has a nearly empty skill set is probly a danger to himself and others. There is a reason most people shouldn't pick a CQB or an ED Brown for their first gun, but the attempt to use a gun analogy WAS a bit of a stretch. That said, if that type of dog doesn't ABSOLUTELY accept your authority under all circumstances there will be trouble. Most owners can't pull this off.
    I completely understood the analogy. Not a stretch at all.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CZB1962 View Post
    The day that your 1911 grows a brain and can decide for itself when to fire, or when you develop total mind control over an animal I will accept your analogy. Until then I am calling Bull****!
    And I am saying I get it. whats the issue. Not a stretch at all in my mind now that I think of how so many I have known treat the dogs.
    It was a good one.

I realize this is your thread but lets relax

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Master

User Info Menu

Last edited by RockofStrength; 09-27-2015 at 22:54.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorDad View Post
    For the link?
    or your nanny dog claim?
    Touche lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LT6 FOR LIFE

User Info Menu

I have a Boston Terrior that can turn a frisbee into a deadly weapon. And he don't like change. And he is fenced in. For protection from the real killers.
    Just because you're at the center of the Universe doesn't mean you're in it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    And I am saying I get it. whats the issue. Not a stretch at all in my mind now that I think of how so many I have known treat the dogs.
    It was a good one.

I realize this is your thread but lets relax
    I didn't mean it to come off as upset. My point is that unlike a gun with a hair trigger which is an inanimate object that will never go off without a human, a dog has a mind of its own and can never be 100% controlled.

In my family, we use the term "I'm calling Bull****" as a way to say I disagree. I guess I forget that not everyone knows me or the intent behind what I say.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CZB1962 View Post
    I didn't mean it to come off as upset. My point is that unlike a gun with a hair trigger which is an inanimate object that will never go off without a human, a dog has a mind of its own and can never be 100% controlled.

In my family, we use the term "I'm calling Bull****" as a way to say I disagree. I guess I forget that not everyone knows me or the intent behind what I say.
    I agree on your position for the most part.
    I am no fan of the breed in question.
    My experiences have been less than fair with them
    So many hard A**** in our area get them to be tough.
    Then they get out or are dumped and we have to deal with them
    A few serious problems with these stray's and there is zero compassion for them.
    Just no way to know what they are about until possibly to late.

As to the analogy, I get it. Hair trigger. So many P.B's are trained this way. I have seen way to many of them.
    No knock on the folks that have good ones but yes, the owners have a lot to do with this.
    Consider another issue......Puppy mills, inbreeding for profit etc.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast