• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So either they mixed up the bodes at the mortuary or some sick psychopath is getting their Cold Ethyl* on.
    Came across this all by accident and was just shocked that there could be people like this out there. I read a little farther about the girl, young and pretty and died from some disease that we still can't eradicate. Modern medicine my ass.

Body of Young Woman Vanishes From San Antonio Funeral Home - NBC News

Obit Content - Mission Park Funeral Homes, Chapels, Mortuaries & Cemeteries

* ALICE COOPER LYRICS - Cold Ethyl

Prayers far the family and hoping it's an innocent mixup.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    He states the remains was placed in a visitation room after the funeral to wait for cremation on the following Monday. Wanna bet that from now on Mr. Tips spends the overtime $$$ to cremate on the weekend and not wait until the first of the week? Hope the remains are recovered soon for the family's sake. I've probably had my last meal of steak tips as his name will forever come to mind when I'm reading some of my favorite menus. Thank you NOT for posting this thread, Mr. Duck. He also states a Batesville Promethian Bronze casket (the shiny gold colored one in the video) from his San Antonio facility was shipped to California for Michael Jackson's curtain call. Call me skeptical but I'm guessing that Forest Lawn in LA, where MJ's services were held, keeps at least one of those gaudy units in stock.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Here's an interview with the "Head" guy from 2011. I'm not sure what to make of it exactly.

San Antonio Funeral Home- Mission Parks Funeral Chapels & Cemeteries

Based upon this and a couple of other items, i find the guy slightly odd and more than slightly narcissistic....but I do not suspect he was part of this unless there was some kind of second level crime at issue. Reason why- seems like he is pretty concerned with having enough money to keep his lifestyle rolling and nothing kills a funeral home's business quicker than not being able to hold onto the dearly departed. In my experience (I have a bit), funeral homes will do virtually anything to stay out of the headlines for mishandling a body.

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Based upon this and a couple of other items, i find the guy slightly odd and more than slightly narcissistic....but I do not suspect he was part of this unless there was some kind of second level crime at issue. Reason why- seems like he is pretty concerned with having enough money to keep his lifestyle rolling and nothing kills a funeral home's business quicker than not being able to hold onto the dearly departed. In my experience (I have a bit), funeral homes will do virtually anything to stay out of the headlines for mishandling a body.

I've found the easiest way to avoid that is to not mishandle those bodies. Yeah, it sucks when it's 4:30 on a Saturday and a couple more hours on the clock stand between you and the lifestyle some of us try to project. Crappy hours and no weekends IS the lifestyle. You're correct. Mrs. Tips would probably turn down the love meter if her beloved Dick suddenly stopped making the kind of bank the Tips family is accustomed to.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I was involved in a case where a body was cremated before the family was able to make funeral arrangements because the wrong body was picked up from where it was stored. All I'll say is that there are sometimes many people from different entities involved and when people believe someone else has taken care of things....stuff can get missed.

Top Bottom