• ...and so much more!
  • Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    As it looks like this show may well garner much discussion I thought I would start this little thread.

I was just thinking, there should be a top ten (10) list of events that are more likely to occur on Fear the Walking Dead as compared to the original Walking Dead.

So here they are, just to have some fun.

#1) More likely to see a zombie decapitated with a surf board;
    #2) More likely to see a zombie with a BAD case of crabs;
    #3) More likely to see a zombie stopped by boarder patrol checking for their "green" card;
    #4) More likely to see a stoned, happy zombie;
    #5) More likely to see a zombie with a good tan;
    #6) More likely to see zombie gangs fighting one another instead of eating people;
    #8) More likely to see a vegan zombie;
    #9) More likely to see a Bill Murray as a zombie;
    #10) More likely to see zombies in bikinis!

End of line.

Doug

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I sure hope episode 2 picks up the pace, because that first one was slow! About 65 minutes of actual show time filled with 60 minutes of "I don't care".

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I sure hope episode 2 picks up the pace, because that first one was slow! About 65 minutes of actual show time filled with 60 minutes of "I don't care".

I disagree...(But then again I love "Introduction to Carmina Burana by Orff:))

[video=youtube;BgD1ftyf4WA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgD1ftyf4WA[/video]

It's happening like I was hoping and I was a little disappointed (in the first scene) when "G-L-O-R-I-A" was chowing down on the junkie that fell of his horse....(Too bad she got him instead of the monkey on his back....) Once it slowed down and I realized they weren't starting full blown "Shane rubbing his head and rubbing Rick's wife" I realized I am going to like this one a whole lot better than the other.......

A zombie outbreak should start out like Tina Turner's version of "Proud Mary" or Orff's "Introduction to Carmina Burana"..." We are living in a time of instant gratification and non stop action and it was nice to see the story writers build some tension instead of going straight for the jugular....IMHO of course....

There was a nice 80's song reference from Dave and Dave's "Welcome to the Boom Town"......The heroin dealer's name was Calvin and dealt drugs at a table at a Denny's...

"Handsome Calvin got a little off track
    Took a year off from college
    and he never went back...
    Now he smokes much too much
    got a permanent hack
    Deals dope out of Denny's
    Got a table in the back..."

[video=youtube;97wvwuHUMCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97wvwuHUMCw[/video]

When he was speaking to the guidance counselor and the other teacher you could tell 'they" thought he had a future but "handsome Calvin got a little off track..."

I thought it was clever.....

Last edited:

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I watched it twice, once solo and once in a watch party.

Anyone catch the doctor's comments about the old man who flatlined? "If we don't get him up in 60 seconds, get him downstairs", "we still don't know what this is". Then the nurse shushed him and gave a look at the junkie son. Nice touch. Also liked the kid with the knife.

It looks like they're going for a slow burn that will quickly spiral out of control with riots over the perceived police brutality against the dead.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    A simple doubling of the infected people every day, starting with one person, yields 537,000,000 in 30 days time. Obviously, there is an even greter potential for increase if the zombies get munchy more often than once per day, or people die from natural or other causes. Remember that everyone is infected, but the effects don't show up until you die.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I watched it twice, once solo and once in a watch party.

Anyone catch the doctor's comments about the old man who flatlined? "If we don't get him up in 60 seconds, get him downstairs", "we still don't know what this is". Then the nurse shushed him and gave a look at the junkie son. Nice touch. Also liked the kid with the knife.

It looks like they're going for a slow burn that will quickly spiral out of control with riots over the perceived police brutality against the dead.

I did not catch the doctors comments, other than getting him downstairs.

I feel bad for the kid with the knife. You can tell he doesn't get along with many people and is picked on a lot.

That knife was a very wimpy knife, but their discussion does show that some "news" is out there about something going on.

I get the feeling that by episode three (3) Elvis will be desperately trying to leave the building.

Doug

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    So who wonders if the guy teacher is going to try to save his son and ex-wife, and what kinda problems that will cause.

I have a feeling they'll go get the ex-wife and kid and they'll play off the drama created when the ex-wife and new girlfriend and the son and the girlfriends kids all have to live together.

bcskypilot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Jan 22, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I've tried watching it on the DVR 3 times now and am asleep 15 minutes in. Our family watches the original series together so I'll be going round 4 sometime this week to get caught up before the next show. The crazy things you do for family!

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Watching the epidemic start is kinda anticlimactic to waking up after a coma to learn the world has gone chomp chomp. I will give it a chance..

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I was fully expecting the guy that flatlined in the hospital next to the junkie kid to go full zombie, and then attack the still tied down kid.......... and then the nurse untied one arm and ruined my dream.

Top Bottom