Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Fear the Walking Dead Discussion

As it looks like this show may well garner much discussion I thought I would start this little thread.

I was just thinking, there should be a top ten (10) list of events that are more likely to occur on Fear the Walking Dead as compared to the original Walking Dead.

So here they are, just to have some fun.

#1) More likely to see a zombie decapitated with a surf board;
    #2) More likely to see a zombie with a BAD case of crabs;
    #3) More likely to see a zombie stopped by boarder patrol checking for their "green" card;
    #4) More likely to see a stoned, happy zombie;
    #5) More likely to see a zombie with a good tan;
    #6) More likely to see zombie gangs fighting one another instead of eating people;
    #8) More likely to see a vegan zombie;
    #9) More likely to see a Bill Murray as a zombie;
    #10) More likely to see zombies in bikinis!

End of line.

Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

"Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

"Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8

User Info Menu

Zombie in a bikini....brings new meaning to "Shopping Bag Ugly".

User Info Menu

I sure hope episode 2 picks up the pace, because that first one was slow! About 65 minutes of actual show time filled with 60 minutes of "I don't care".

User Info Menu

TAG!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinNFluff View Post
    At a family gathering, my sister was getting ready to leave. She walked up and gave me a hug and said "Your phone is poking me." I smiled and replied simply with "That's not my phone".
    Quote Originally Posted by Leggdpms View Post
    ...he said alright sir and shaked my hard and said he has respect...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow8088 View Post
    I cocked my head to the side a little and was admiring his piece.
    Quote Originally Posted by JettaKnight View Post
    And seriously, where are those testicles being served? I want to just shove a handful into my mouth.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by EvilElmo View Post
    I sure hope episode 2 picks up the pace, because that first one was slow! About 65 minutes of actual show time filled with 60 minutes of "I don't care".
    I disagree...(But then again I love "Introduction to Carmina Burana by Orff)

It's happening like I was hoping and I was a little disappointed (in the first scene) when "G-L-O-R-I-A" was chowing down on the junkie that fell of his horse....(Too bad she got him instead of the monkey on his back....) Once it slowed down and I realized they weren't starting full blown "Shane rubbing his head and rubbing Rick's wife" I realized I am going to like this one a whole lot better than the other.......

A zombie outbreak should start out like Tina Turner's version of "Proud Mary" or Orff's "Introduction to Carmina Burana"..." We are living in a time of instant gratification and non stop action and it was nice to see the story writers build some tension instead of going straight for the jugular....IMHO of course....

There was a nice 80's song reference from Dave and Dave's "Welcome to the Boom Town"......The heroin dealer's name was Calvin and dealt drugs at a table at a Denny's...

"Handsome Calvin got a little off track
    Took a year off from college
    and he never went back...
    Now he smokes much too much
    got a permanent hack
    Deals dope out of Denny's
    Got a table in the back..."

When he was speaking to the guidance counselor and the other teacher you could tell 'they" thought he had a future but "handsome Calvin got a little off track..."

I thought it was clever.....
    Last edited by indiucky; 08-25-2015 at 09:01.
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

x10

User Info Menu

One thing I think was a jab at the California school system was the "guidance" counselor had a homeless drug addict son,
    Tomorrow’s winds will blow tomorrow

User Info Menu

I watched it twice, once solo and once in a watch party.

Anyone catch the doctor's comments about the old man who flatlined? "If we don't get him up in 60 seconds, get him downstairs", "we still don't know what this is". Then the nurse shushed him and gave a look at the junkie son. Nice touch. Also liked the kid with the knife.

It looks like they're going for a slow burn that will quickly spiral out of control with riots over the perceived police brutality against the dead.

User Info Menu

A simple doubling of the infected people every day, starting with one person, yields 537,000,000 in 30 days time. Obviously, there is an even greter potential for increase if the zombies get munchy more often than once per day, or people die from natural or other causes. Remember that everyone is infected, but the effects don't show up until you die.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JTScribe View Post
    I watched it twice, once solo and once in a watch party.

Anyone catch the doctor's comments about the old man who flatlined? "If we don't get him up in 60 seconds, get him downstairs", "we still don't know what this is". Then the nurse shushed him and gave a look at the junkie son. Nice touch. Also liked the kid with the knife.

It looks like they're going for a slow burn that will quickly spiral out of control with riots over the perceived police brutality against the dead.

I did not catch the doctors comments, other than getting him downstairs.

I feel bad for the kid with the knife. You can tell he doesn't get along with many people and is picked on a lot.

That knife was a very wimpy knife, but their discussion does show that some "news" is out there about something going on.

I get the feeling that by episode three (3) Elvis will be desperately trying to leave the building.

Doug
    Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate: "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late.
    And how can a man die better, Than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his Gods?" - T.B. Macaulay

"Idiocracy wasn't a movie. It was prophecy." - CathyInBlue

"Agent Mulder, every life, every day, is in danger. That's just life." - W. Skinner, X-Files S2E8

User Info Menu

Tagged for later

Improvidus Apto quod Victum

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast