• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    And of course, like clockwork (pun intended), CAIR and the SJWs are jumping all over the religious angle, saying that it only happened because he is Muslim named Mohamed.

I'm pretty sure the zero-tolerance, zero-common-sense English teacher would have reported the "bomb" regardless of the student's name, religion, or skin color.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    When my son was in High School, he built a 2 foot long, 6 inch in diameter capacitor for physics class.
    Today, the School Resource Officer would probably shoot him to slide lock, twice.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    When my son was in High School, he built a 2 foot long, 6 inch in diameter capacitor for physics class.
    Today, the School Resource Officer would probably shoot him to slide lock, twice.

No, no; you're mistaken. That would only happen on the basis of ethnicity.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Religious and ethnic biases aside, it's a clear case of lack of common sense. Teachers are so brainwashed into "report it!" that they can't think for themselves. This dipstick has wasted a lot of peoples' time, tax dollars, damaged this kids faith in humanity, and opened the school up to potential lawsuit.

There were plenty of chances for this crazy train to be stopped, but a lot of people went along for the ride.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I call "vocational descrimination."

I want the shop teacher to call in a bomb threat on another student for bringing a essay that looks like a bomb as payback for this clearly biased English teacher.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    My younger brother built a turbojet in high school shop class. I used turbo, scrap tubing from a local prototype machine shop and a model T ignition coil.
    It would shoot flames 2-3 feet.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Posted this early this morning in the "Facepalm" thread.

I don't want to alarm anyone... but I just had a walk around my office. This place is looks like it's going to blow and I'm sure the feds are going to be busting these doors down any minute now.

Gotta love the kid's reaction:

PMgDR7m.jpg

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    JMHO, this right HERE ..... No criminal charges were filed — but Mohamed's family says the school and police overreacted. And the case has raised questions over whether Mohamed was treated with particular suspicion because of ethnic and religious bias

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    JMHO, this right HERE ..... No criminal charges were filed — but Mohamed's family says the school and police overreacted. And the case has raised questions over whether Mohamed was treated with particular suspicion because of ethnic and religious bias

His dad is a well-known SJW in his own right, and CAIR is quite active in the area. Of course they're going to play it up. Maybe the parents of the kid who chewed a Pop-Tart into a shape vaguely resembling a gun (or a mountain) should have accused the school of ethnic-based bigotry, too.

The problem is that schools are now a brain-cell-free zone. It has nothing to do with the kid being Muslim.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    His dad is a well-known SJW in his own right, and CAIR is quite active in the area. Of course they're going to play it up. Maybe the parents of the kid who chewed a Pop-Tart into a shape vaguely resembling a gun (or a mountain) should have accused the school of ethnic-based bigotry, too.

The problem is that schools are now a brain-cell-free zone. It has nothing to do with the kid being Muslim.
    I'm not so sure about that. The initial overreaction by the teacher very well may have been influenced by those factors.

I agree though, that once it escalated, race and religion were probably irrelevant to what happened.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Dang kids with their fancy digital toys. It wasn't discrimination, the teacher was just a curmudgeon and would not have panicked if it was an analog clock.

NTP-Clock1.jpg

Time to butter some toast with a butter knife before they pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Mohamed and his family can use this as a teaching moment for other Muslims? They need to work on their reputation if regular everyday folks like teachers could perceive them as bomb makers, right?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Our Govt. is extremely paranoid of Citizens who know how to build things. It keeps them awake at night. It amazes me that the Govt. has not instituted "background checks" to buy tools. It's just too easy for anyone to build something that "looks like" a bomb and scare all of the children with it and require dispatching a SWAT team so the adults can "feel safe". And clocks are just so ....scary.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Mohamed and his family can use this as a teaching moment for other Muslims? They need to work on their reputation if regular everyday folks like teachers could perceive them as bomb makers, right?

So, we're now blaming the victim?

Did I miss the purple? :dunno:

EDIT: Yes, I did miss the purple.
    EDIT EDIT: No purple intended.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Our Govt. is extremely paranoid of Citizens who know how to build things. It keeps them awake at night. It amazes me that the Govt. has not instituted "background checks" to buy tools. It's just too easy for anyone to build something that "looks like" a bomb and scare all of the children with it and send in a SWAT team so the adults can "feel safe".
    Gov't, nothing. Let's not go all Jade Helm.

This is about our baseless fear of terrorism and that schools are brain cell free zones (props to Chip).

Top Bottom