• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    His neighbor has threatened to kill him over stupid things. The police are now involved.

My brother has two kids under 6 and the police think the neighbor has issues. Neighbor has been given a no contact order and to stay off my brothers property. However crazy neighbor is 30 feet away. The neighborhood is a mix of homes from $350,000 to $600,000.

Neighbor is a Hoa nazi and freaks out when people park in front of his home. His wife is almost as crazy and they are retired with no family. He even called the city over kids toys left on the rear porch and a dangerous sandbox at my brothers home.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I hope I never have to have "neighbors" reading this stuff makes me sad... Sorry for your brother! Hope he keeps a close eye on things, it'll suck kind of being on alert while at home too.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    What are you going to do with people? They make life great. But some of them choose to make life terrible.

I love my neighbors. Nobody is closer than 1/4 mile, and the three closest all have ranges set up. Actually, it might be the four closest, but I really don't know if Sam has a range. Still a really good guy.

Sorry to hear about your brother's situation. I will say, though, that if I had the ability to live in a $350k+ neighborhood, I'd still live in a $60k house.... just with more land.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My GF and I both used to live outside of town prior to getting together. Once we became a couple I bought a house in the middle of Greenwood and really enjoyed how close everything was. Since we were always busy improving the place it was a joy to have lowes, menards and home depot 5 minutes away. However after a couple of years living next door to Abner and Gladys Kravitz I came in the house one day and told her that if we don't move I'd be going to jail soon. So we moved back outside of town on 4.5 acres and couldn't be happier. City neighbors suck, country neighbors for the most part are great!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The Farmland conservation club (you know, 'round the corner), bothers me almost as much as the Winchester speedway two miles down 32 the other way. Not at all. When my more immediate neighbors shoot, I enjoy guessing the caliber. And one has said he wondered what that ringing sound was when I practice supressed in the back yard.
    Yup, I sure do miss town. Not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Living in town has positives and negatives. These days the negatives are starting to surpass the positives.

People can be OK if they are of a mind to.

Our issues are the Apt. complexes that have been here a long time. They are filling up with section 8 dirtbags. I use that term very lightly.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My GF and I both used to live outside of town prior to getting together. Once we became a couple I bought a house in the middle of Greenwood and really enjoyed how close everything was. Since we were always busy improving the place it was a joy to have lowes, menards and home depot 5 minutes away. However after a couple of years living next door to Abner and Gladys Kravitz I came in the house one day and told her that if we don't move I'd be going to jail soon. So we moved back outside of town on 4.5 acres and couldn't be happier. City neighbors suck, country neighbors for the most part are great!

your city neighbors suck.

I've got some pretty awesome ones.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    His neighbor has threatened to kill him over stupid things. The police are now involved.

My brother has two kids under 6 and the police think the neighbor has issues. Neighbor has been given a no contact order and to stay off my brothers property. However crazy neighbor is 30 feet away. The neighborhood is a mix of homes from $350,000 to $600,000.

Neighbor is a Hoa nazi and freaks out when people park in front of his home. His wife is almost as crazy and they are retired with no family. He even called the city over kids toys left on the rear porch and a dangerous sandbox at my brothers home.

WOW... that sure makes it tough to be a good neighbor. But seriously dealt with crazy people and most are family, no matter what he does it sounds like a losing battle. Its hard to let the police handle it but sounds like he has to AND document events , a couple of trail cams or a Live crazy person lives next to me web cam might make crazy neighbor settle down... How about a visit from the notorious LURK TEAM 6??

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    This is why I refuse to live some place with a HOA. If *I* am paying the mortage and *I* own the home, then *I* am not being to be taking kindly to some busybody interjecting his non-mortage paying nose into what I do on *MY* property.

Our precious city council just tried to make the whole town a HOA by forcing people to hide their trash toters. Got it? They made us spend up to $100 for each of 3 different toters (recycling, trash, yard waste) THEN they think they have a right to force me to keep smelly trash in my garage. It's not hygienic at all.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I live in a neighborhood with an HOA and don't really have a problem with it. The rules and enforcement are reasonable and minimal. The rules we do have help to make the neighborhood nicer and protect property values. Prior to moving here, I would have generally considered myself anti-HOA.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield

Is the crazy neighbor on the HOA board or whatever group is in charge?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    This is why I refuse to live some place with a HOA. If *I* am paying the mortage and *I* own the home, then *I* am not being to be taking kindly to some busybody interjecting his non-mortage paying nose into what I do on *MY* property.

The HOA is a red herring. This has to do with a people that are anti-social. By the simple fact that there is close proximity, there is conflict with this guy. Having an HOA gives this guy a stick to swing, but he find lots of sticks no matter what.

There's plenty of ******* neighbors described here on INGO in non-HOA environments.

Our precious city council just tried to make the whole town a HOA by forcing people to hide their trash toters. Got it? They made us spend up to $100 for each of 3 different toters (recycling, trash, yard waste) THEN they think they have a right to force me to keep smelly trash in my garage. It's not hygienic at all.
    Build a small fence. Or move out of town. If living within a democratic HOA neighborhood is so abhorrent, then why do you live within a republic municipality? :dunno:

medium_8a1c390c-2461-4140-8a66-0c2441077d40.jpg

Top Bottom