Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Manna

User Info Menu

4 But when the morning was now come, Jesus stood on the shore: but the disciples knew not that it was Jesus.
    5 Then Jesus saith unto them, Children, have ye any meat? They answered him, No.
    6 And he said unto them, Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find. They cast therefore, and now they were not able to draw it for the multitude of fishes. John 21:4-6

Having trouble with the internet this morning. The devil must be mad.

Enjoy the Scripture if nothing else.

Jesus is alive and He offers proof of His being alive in so many different ways.
    So you believe that He is alive?
    It was morning the day after His resurrection. He came to the shore where Peter and a few of the other disciples were fishing. I have always said that fishing is a good therapy.
    The disciples had been out there for most of the late night and early morning and had caught nothing. Jesus appears on the banks and recommends that they fish on the right side of the boat they were in. They did and they caught over a hundred or more fish. They were so many they had a hard time bringing them in to shore.
    Peter knew that I was Jesus and put on a robe and jumped into the sea and swam to shore just to be near Him. Have you drawn near to Jesus today? Do you know that He is always near to you? He will be a close to you as you desire for Him to be no matter what.
    Jesus had a bed of heated coals and already had fish laid out on it by the time the disciples reached the shore. They shared a great breakfast together and then Jesus fellowshipped with them all and especially Peter.
    Have you had fellowship with Jesus today? If not, why not do it now?
    God bless and go and have a great day.
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

User Info Menu

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, said He, you have heard of Me.
    5 For John truly baptized with water; but you shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence. Acts 1:4-5

OK. Christ had previously told His disciples that they could do nothing without Him. Not that they should do nothing without Him but that they could do nothing.
    This means that in His absence they would be powerless to do anything at all with the teachings that they had been taught by Him. They could neither teach or preach it with any effectiveness at all. They could not cast out demon or heal the sick or raise the dead nor could they offer with any authority the salvation that Christ promised. In other words, if Jesus is preparing them to accept the fact that He is leaving, what are they supposed to do? What do we have to offer any more than any of the variety of religions have to offer? Actually nothing more than the teachings without any power to change anyone's sinful condition. It is not merely in the teachings of Christ, it is the power of His Spirit in and upon the teaching that authenticates it. The Word without the Spirit is useless as is the Spirit without the Word. Thus, the "promise of the Father" that they had heard Him speak of previously is about to come upon them and in order for that to happen, they must act in obedience and faith and stay in Jerusalem until it does. It is going to happen not many days from the last moments in time they spent with Jesus. It will be well worth the waiting for because they are going to be baptized with the Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of the Father and the Son. Have you been baptized with the Holy Ghost of Jesus Christ? I pray so and, if not, tarry in obedience until He comes to you in wind (breath of life) and fire (passion for the Word of Truth). May it be so.

User Info Menu

1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
    2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied. Jude 1-2

The Book of Jude is a little troubling. It is because it sounds and reads so much like the second letter of Peter in many ways. It is not a copy of Peter's second letter so Jude is not guilt of appropriating Peter's writings which would be plagiarism but is believed by most Biblical students to have been inspired by the Holy Spirit to write these words that sound and read so much like those of Peter.
    I, personally, don't think it strange that the Holy Spirit would inspire more than one person to write similar letters at a time when the church is in danger of being inundated with false doctrines from false teachers who have no business teaching the things they did and, by the way, still do. We surely need for the Holy Spirit of Christ to watch over the flock in out time when there are so many false teachers going about attempting to water down the gospel of Jesus Christ and to use it to their own advantage and profit.
    Jude calls himself a "servant" of Jesus Christ and a brother of James. He writes to those who are sanctified by God and who are "preserved" by Jesus Christ and who are "called" by the same. These three words are important to the narrative. They infer that this letter is being written to the true church that has been called out and away from all that the world's religions had become including Judaism. For that matter the Judaist were the worst culprits going around and meddling with the church that Christ died for and instituted and sealed by the Holy Ghost on the day of Pentecost. These meddlers had nothing to offer that would enhance the life of the church but they did have much that would present the church with great difficulties going forward. The same today as then. We must always remain vigilant and reject those things that Christ did not teach.

User Info Menu

3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
    4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. Jude 3-4

I believe that every truly called man or woman of God is mostly concerned about the truth and the putting forth of it. I understand this man's sense of urgency when it comes to preaching and teaching the pure and unadulterated truth. It is the highest of all callings to be witnesses to the Life of Jesus Christ which includes studying His words, you know, those written in red-letters. His words are directly from the mouth of His Father. As I understand Scripture, He never said or done anything that was not pre-planned and pre-approved by God the Father.
    He did not one thing on His own but did all things under the direction and authority of His Father in heaven.
    If we are to be like Him, we must be so very careful we don't leave anyone with a wrong impression concerning Him. Even as He was and is the very image of God, we are to be the very image of the Son. There is such a need today to concern ourselves with that very premise. We are not to seek the advice and consent and approval of the human race, we should daily seek the approval of our Savior. I want so much at the end of my journey to hear Him say to me, "Well done thou good and faithful servant". Those words will carry me into and all of the way through eternity. Your approval does not matter much to me but His most certainly does.
    I seek the approval of God over every aspect of my life. I am not the brightest light bulb in the chandelier but I do burn as bright as I personally can for the Lord and to bring what enlightenment I can to the world concerning Him. I, like Jude, feel this takes due diligence and that means prayer and study to meet God's approval if not yours.

User Info Menu

5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though you once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
    6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
    7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
    8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Jude 5-8

"How many time do you have to be told?" was a common expression of my mother. This sounds like what Jude is saying in this epistle to the church. Why is it so easy for us to forget the admonitions of the Lord and go after the things of the world as thought that does not matter to God? Sin does matter to God. It did then and it does now. God wants a holy people to add to His holy church. Holiness is living a life of obedience to God and all of His standards as taught by His Son, Jesus Christ and the Apostles who were and are still His messengers (ministering angels).
    The first estate is the estate of God and all that His estate includes. We must note that God is first and foremost the Holy God who has never and never could sin. The same can be said of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Sin mattered so much to the Father and the Son that the Son came to dwell among us to point us back to God and then to take all of our sins and nail them to the cross so that we need never hear of them again from either the Father or the Son. What an amazing thing God does for us when He forgives us and adds us to His estate, the church that is His church. To fall away from that estate is most certainly possible but when one does fall away, what awaits them? Nothing good according to Peter and Jude. Nothing but the final judgment of God.
    As God delivered the Jews from Egypt, He has delivered His saints from sin no longer to live therein. In order for God to save the Jews from Egypt two things had to happen: the first was that He had to get them out of and away from Egypt and the second was that He had to get Egypt out of them. Some left Egypt physically but not spiritually. They like Egypt and its pagan ways and they were always looking back. God destroyed them for doing so. Jesus said that anyone who had put his hand to the plow and looks back with a longing for their life of sin is not fit for the kingdom of God. God help us to understand that the first estate is the kingdom of God and that in it is everything we will ever need or should ever want.

User Info Menu

8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
    9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke you.
    10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Jude 8-10

I don't know why the Lord put the book of Jude on my heart but I do know that in today's world there are many who fit this description. They are very careless to speak about spiritual matters that they know nothing about. Many even question the very existence of God and His greatest adversary, Satan. Some have even gone over to Satan and worship him as god or a god. He is neither. He is the ultimate anti-Christ and if you are looking for him to show up in the future, look no further than TV news or the front page of your local newspaper.
    There are even those who think that Satan makes a better friend and leader than does God. How sad that they don't know the one and only True God of heaven who desires to be their friend and would make them the best friend the could ever possibly find.
    There is some mention here of Michael the archangel and his contention with the devil over the body of Moses and how he didn't dare bring a "railing accusation" against him but wisely turned him over to God to rebuke. This is great wisdom.
    This is the ultimate wisdom. Satan the devil is a power we all have to put up with in this world but we do not ever have to be defeated by him or the powers that he has put in to place to contend with us. We can, we must do as did Michael and go to God and let God contend with him. He is already defeated and is awaiting his already decided fate. He knows this and he goes about like a wounded lion seeking anyone that he can devour with his hate for God.
    Too many are speaking about things they know nothing about. God knows and that should satisfy us all but it doesn't. Like Adam of old, we want to eat the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil and be God's equal. Of course, we can never be but it doesn't stop some from trying.
    I am content to let God deal with Satan, and He does, otherwise we would all be a defeated race. May God be with you in your struggles to live a life of love and peace and holiness today.

User Info Menu

Just a note to let you know that I will be out of office for the next few days. I don't know if I will have access to WI-FI or not so the Daily Manna may have to wait until my return.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
    12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withers, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
    13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever. Jude 11-13

The word "woe" is used sparingly in the Bible. You might respond that you have read it several times and I would respond, not so many and when you did read it, it was associated with those who were totally sold out to their own greed and motives and no longer interested at all in God's purpose for their life.
    Notice here that Jude takes us through a short list of the most infamous people in God's Word. This is not a "hall of fame", it is a hall of shame. Not a one of these people that Jude mentions here, though they were well known to the Jews, ever repented and returned to the Lord. Cain killed his own brother and never repented of it, Balaam would have been a dead man if it had not been for the donkey he was riding, Korah rebelled against Moses the man that God had appointed to lead His people safely from Egypt into the land of promise.
    Which of these do you want to name your sons after? In the New Testament there is Judas who betrayed Jesus Christ. How many of your children did you give his name to? Not many, I suppose.
    What Jude is saying is that this sort of people come in among the congregations of the church of God and created many unnecessary problems. Then, the leadership of the church not only have the normal problems and situations to deal with, they have the problems they create. Often it is a constant challenge to their leadership. I had a man ask me one time if I thought that I was the only man in the congregation that God spoke to and through? Of course not but I am the one that called here to lead the church of God in this community and as long as I fee that call, I will lead as He directs.
    The church and its local leadership is always being challenged by those who have a personal need to grandstand and have a need for grandeur. They won't run the risk of taking the lead but they always are challenging those who do. May we never be one of them but be one of those who are just as willing to follow God's anointed leadership as to be that leadership as God so chooses.

User Info Menu

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withers, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
    13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
    14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of his saints,
    15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. Jude 12-15

Do you think that Jude is happy with these folks? Not me! I think he is fed up with them and is inviting them to just go away.
    At a time when numbers mean nearly everything, how many pastors or congregations do you know that would rather talk about doctrinal purity than boast about the numbers of people who attended services last week? The question most asked by members of congregations and pastors when out among other congregations or leaders is "how many people attend your church normally on a Sunday morning?"
    How sad. The numbers are not the issue. We all would like to have thousands sitting at our feet listening to us pontificate. The truth is, the numbers are shrinking instead of growing and within that shrinking number are a people who are more concerned about being entertained than about truth. To me, truth is of the essence. There is nothing more important than the truth. What difference will it make eternally if I have thousands following and listening to me if what I am telling them will leave them spiritually bankrupt and without Christ? This is the norm today. Everyone wants to be a member of a mega-church instead of a member of THE CHURCH Christ died to give existence to. That church is sinless and holy and unshackled from the world. That church's membership is determined by God and not man. That church exists to please God and not man. I don't know about anyone else but as for me and my house, we are going to serve the Lord in His truth un-watered down and straight forward.

User Info Menu

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints,
    15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.
    16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaks great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. Jude 14-16

I must agree with some. This is hard to follow. Jude is full of righteous anger and frustration with those who go around from house to house, church to church and intentionally cause disruptions and disharmony among the brethren. It is a normal thing for there to be differences of opinions and some times it is necessary to take a stand against those that are so obviously wrong that they will cause isms and schisms in the body of Christ. But this is not what Jude is addressing. He is addressing those who are "ungodly" who encourage the church to go into ungodly territory and commit ungodly acts. They are constantly murmuring and complaining who walk after their own lusts and they do so with a growing pride in themselves.
    I have to admit that I have tolerated some people like this for a while but I soon grow weary of them and begin a process whereby I deal with them in a truly godly way. First of all, I pray and pray until I have an answer from God. Next, I turn them over to Satan because they cannot be redeemed unless and until they personally see the errors of their ways. I give them over to God to judge and to deal with and so long as they are not carrying away others into their ideas and seditious behavior, I wait upon the Lord but, not passively. I preach and I have the "bully pulpit" and I use it to God's advantage. I have the ear of my boards and committees and the ministries team and they listen. Eventually these people who are bent on trouble and causing it will show themselves for what they are and the entire congregation will see it and, not just me. Once they have shown themselves, they are done and they know it. If they are not done then the pastor might be and about all he or she can do about that is to move on. But the shame of that is this, what few lambs are left are left to be exposed to the heresy and sedition and eventually they will have to move on themselves.
    Oh, church of God, our congregations nor our movement is a place for political posturing just to have an advantage over one another. We are here to preach and to teach what Christ taught us. First of all to one another and then to the world around us. When we lose sight of that, we are not longer God's church but just another denomination that is run by a cadre of men or women or both and not the Holy Spirit.
    I stand with Jude. I love the pure and holy and blemish free and spotless bride of Christ.

User Info Menu

17 But, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
    18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
    19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
    20 But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
    21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. Jude 17-21

We should not be at all surprised that our faith is under attack in today's world.
    After all, it has been under attack from the very beginning days of the church. It was Peter and John that first felt the wrath of Satan as he worked through the political/military parties of the early days of the church to attempt to silence the voice of those who were working there in Jerusalem to spread the good news of the resurrection of Jesus Christ. His resurrection validated His doctrines about the kingdom of God. If there is no resurrection, our faith is in vain.
    The apostles of Jesus Christ refused to back down and to step away from the threats being made by those who were in power politically then and we should do the same today. Our Vice President speaking to the graduating class at Liberty University acknowledged what we all know and that is we have enemies in very high places who want desperately to silence our voices. They will not succeed.
    They try to shame us into compromises just to get along with them and their watered down form of Christianity. Their form of Christianity is having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof. They do not accept that a person must be born again, that is go through a conversion experience in which the old man perishes and the new man comes alive. The old man is Adam (carnal man) and the new man is spirit (spiritual man). The big difference between the two is that one is tied to this world and its systems and the latter is tied to Christ and the fact that He alone is the way and the truth and the life and that no one will ever get through to the Father except through Him. On this I rest and any thing less than this will never do.

Page 81 of 100 FirstFirst ... 31 71 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 91 ... LastLast