Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Manna

User Info Menu

4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,
    5 Before I formed you in the belly I knew you; and before you came forth out of the womb I sanctified you, and I ordained you a prophet unto the nations.
    6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.
    7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for you shall go to all that I shall send you, and whatsoever I command you, you shall speak.
    8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with you to deliver you, said the Lord.
    Jeremiah 1:4-8

We have been in Camp Meeting for the past week. We have heard great messages and had great fellowship. There is nothing else quite like it and I have a tendency to feel sorry for those who never understood God's purpose for these camps. Next week we will be with other folks down in Southern Indiana for another Camp Meeting and another Evangelist and the fellowship of the saints of God. It is in these camp meetings that the "Word" of the Lord goes out and forth into the ears and minds and, hopefully, hearts of those attending. God's Word is powerful and those that think otherwise will discover otherwise.
    God knew us and knows us and God has plans for us. This is the inference of this passage of Scripture. God is saying to Jeremiah that He knew His purpose for him before he was even conceived. That sounds pretty far-fetched, but if God says it, it is the truth. This catches Jeremiah by surprise. By the witness of his own words he tells us that he is not a conversationalist and not a preacher or teacher and in those areas, he is nothing but a child. But God cautions him not to contradict Him. Jeremiah will go and do what God commanded. He will speak what God tells him to and his faith in God will grow as He does.
    So does our will grow as we become more and more obedient to God.
    God bless and you go and have a great day. See you next weekend.
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

User Info Menu

1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, you which are spiritual, restore such a one in the spirit of meekness; considering yourself, lest you also be tempted.
    2 Bear you one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
    3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
    4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
    5 For every man shall bear his own burden. Galatians 6:1-5

It is good to be back to doing this Manna. I have missed it but I also enjoyed so much the daily early morning prayer meetings with brothers and sisters in Christ. They are always sweet times.
    In this chapter of Galatians Paul leads off with an issue that nearly every congregation I have pastored has faced. The issue is one of a man or a woman being tempted beyond their ability to endure and who has slipped or messed up and fallen from a grace. This does not mean that they have fallen totally away from the Lord. Far from it. It means that they are in the process of doing that by careless living and lack of paying attention to the first and primary thing which is to live up to the high standard that Jesus has prescribed for us all.
    Do not misunderstand Paul. He is not asking any of us to be "meddlers". He is saying that if a brother or sister is not paying attention to those things that they should and would normally do as Christians, one should mention that to them in order to call their attention to it. Once having mentioned it to them, the offer to be a prayer partner and a confidential listening ear helps as well. I personally know that it is very difficult to find someone like that when times are difficult for me. Who will be my spiritual partner when I need one? That is a hard thing to know.
    I thank God that I have Christ to hear me every day and several times a day. He is One who will keep a confidence but being that as it may, there are times when we all need someone of the flesh and blood variety to help us with these flesh and blood issues. God will send them if we are not too prideful to accept them.
    God bless and go and have a great day.

User Info Menu

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap.
    8 For he that sows to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that sows to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6:7-8

Why is it that when a person sows corruption they expect a crop that is not corrupted? From the very beginning of time (according to Scripture) the seed of any plant or animal would reproduce that plant or animal. We now know that the reason for this is what is called in the natural world, genetics. Hate produces more hate. Love produces more love. Charity produces more charity. Forgiveness produces forgiveness. The nature of Christ produces Christianity and the nature of Christ in the person who is sowing the seed of Christ.
    I have been around for a great number of years and I have yet to see the sowing of evil produces good things. I have gardened a lot and when I sow seed corn I get more corn. When I sow green beans, I get more green beans. The quality of a crop depends on the quality of the seed and the attention I give the crop as it grows to maturity. Every crop that I ever sowed produced for just one season and the next growing season I had to sow new seed. I could not expect last year's seed to produce a new crop. I had to resow and rework the garden or at the end of the growing season come up with nothing. So it is with the seed of Christ. Every day we need a renewing, a renewal of seed so that we can sow a crop for Christ.
    The law of the harvest is such that if one does no sow he will not reap and such that the seed that is sown will produce that harvest. God is not mocked. You cannot sow seeds of sin and expect them to produce God's righteousness in you.
    We all need to begin each and every day with the prayer, "O God, produce in me a clean heart, mind, and soul so that I may produce for You a world of righteousness and holiness and peace.

User Info Menu

9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
    10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:9-10

I had an uncle named Virgil who loved to walk up to me and put his hand on my shoulder and say, "Be ye not weary in well-doing little brother". He was a very great man to me if not to others. He was a worker. He loved to work manually and do things for the church that others may have done but not with the willingness he did it with. He set the high bar for me of doing the physical and spiritual work needed to keep the church looking good both ways. I miss him and his wife, my mother's sister, Naomi.
    Over the years I have met and served with so many fantastic people in the service of the Lord. One thing was common in their lives. They served and seemed never to tire of serving. The serving seemed to me to be the greatest joy of their lives. I can only hope that my life demonstrates the same level of service as theirs. We all know that we will not reap the benefits of that service on this side of heaven but we also know that we have laid in store for us a reward that money nor fame can ever do for us here.
    The second part of this is verse 10. It advises, no, commands that we are to do all the good we can for others and, especially those who are one with us in the household of faith (the church). I received a phone call yesterday from a lady whose husband has cancer and whose daughter is legally blind and who is stressed from all of the pressure of trying to maintain her own household and to manage the affairs of her daughter and her children who would be homeless if not for her letting them live with her. I could hear the stress and fear and at the same time the love she had for this family. There are so many just like her in the communities around us. We talked with her and assured her we would try to find her help and before we hung up, we prayed with her. That prayer seemed to give her a sense of relief for the moment. Much more needs to be done. We try to do good with what we have and even to and for absolute strangers.

User Info Menu

12 As many as desire to make a fair show in the flesh, they constrain you to be circumcised; only lest they should suffer persecution for the cross of Christ.
    13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
    14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
    15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision avails anything, nor un-circumcision, but a new creature.
    16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
    17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. Galatians 6:12-17

There is a certain sadness to the tone of the closing of this letter to the church of God in Galatia. Paul is a most sincere Christian who bears the scars in his flesh of his devotion to Christ Jesus. The day may come when we will bear them as well and it seems that this day is coming soon. There are those who want the church to turn over the reins of the church to them in order that they may make it over in their own image. I don't and you don't have the authority to do that. The church of God belongs solely to Jesus Christ and no one else but for expediency sake many have forgotten and taken the easy road or path of the way of man instead of the way of God.
    Today it is not about circumcision of the flesh. Not many care one whit about this issue which was such a pressing issue in the day of Paul. Today, Satan has put on us another issue which is the ownership of God's church and who holds the deed to His property. Some think that they do and others know that they don't. I stand with Paul the Apostle and Christ and know that though I may not be able to win with them, I cannot lose with Christ. They have the human popular vote and I have one sole and lonely voice and they believe because they have the human consensus that they are right. They need to study the Word of God and re-discover that though one is a lonely number it can be the only number God gives His attention to. Jesus was alone on the cross, Paul was alone in his dungeon, many a saint of God has suffered alone in prison for the cause of Christ and would not surrender Christ for the sake of a longer human existence. These are they that I stand with and may God give me strength and wisdom and courage to do so to the end of my days. Where there are two or three gathered in the name of Jesus Christ, there Jesus Christ is. The masses were never His friends and never will be. Oh, how I love Jesus Christ and the church that He gave us by His marvelous death on the cross. How about you?

User Info Menu

6 A son honors his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a Father, where is My honor? and if I be a Master, where is My fear? saith the Lord of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise My name. And you say, Wherein have we despised Your name?
    7 You offer polluted bread upon My altar; and you say, Wherein have we polluted You? In that you say, The table of the Lord is contemptible.
    8 And if you offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if you offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? Offer it now unto your governor; will he be pleased with you, or accept your person? saith the Lord of hosts. Malachi 1:6-8

How and what we offer God in return for His love and grace reveals our attitude toward Him in the plainest way. We all know that we cannot buy our way into His grace otherwise it would not be grace. We cannot go to Ticket Master and purchase a ticket on a commercial flight that will take us to heaven, no grace in that either. God gives us His love freely and "freely" so many accept it. It is free to us but it cost Him a dear price which was the life of His only begotten Son.
    When we go to the grocery store or the pharmacy or the hospital we expect to pay through the nose as they say for the product that we receive in either of these places. Little grace is experienced in any of those commercial places we frequent. However, we take from God and expect to give little or nothing in return for a thing more valuable than anything this world can provide to us. For that matter, the world would not be able to provide these things were it not for the continued grace of God. The world takes from what God puts into the earth and and commercializes it and we accept that without too much of a complaint. But when God asks us for the ten percent of our income we moan as though it is way too much. We will find out that He asks for it to multiply it and give it back in ways we cannot imagine. Those who refuse to give God what is His find out that what they keep that belongs to Him does not go very far. More later.

User Info Menu

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as My Father has sent Me, even so send I you.
    22 And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
    23 Whose soever sins you remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins you retain, they are retained. John 20:21-23

By the time this event happens Jesus has died on the cross and is resurrected. He appears to His disciples in the place where they are in hiding because they are afraid that they will suffer the same fate as he and, they are right if they can be found out. Thomas is not there for some reason but the other ten are there and they are the ones that Jesus spoke these words to. His purpose for being there is to prove to them that He is alive and that He is not just a specter but a physical being such as they will be one day if they remain faithful to Him.
    The first words out of the mouth of Jesus to them is "Peace be unto you." He wants to calm their spirits. They hardly know what to make of Him and I can not say that I blame them, we hardly know yet today. Then He says to them: "As My Father has sent Me, even so send I you." So He says to the church today as then, your mission is the same as His and that mission is to go into all of the world and to teach them the things that Christ taught and to lift Him up so that they will all be drawn to Him. We are not to go alone and do this on our own, we are to go under the guidance and supervision of the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ. Why? Because we will make a huge mess of things if we don't.
    Given our propensity to think more highly of ourselves than we should, we must have the Holy Spirit to temper our spirit and to keep us in check. He, the Holy Spirit is a "Gentleman" by nature which merely means He is not a thug or a tyrant nor is He subject to the extremes which we are often drawn to demonstrate just to prove we have Him. Actually we don't have Him, He has us and that puts Him in the driver's seat and not us. We would all do well to remember this.

User Info Menu

5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared Me, and was afraid before My name.
    6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with Me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.
    7 For the priest's lips should keep knowledge, and they should seek the law at his mouth: for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts. Malachi 2:5-7

The subject about what faithfulness to God is like is a sensitive one. It usually leads to the subject of money and just how much one should give God. After all, God does not need it nearly as badly as we do and, in truth, He does not need it at all. He can create wealth and destroy it and many a nation that ignored Him has found that out.
    When God mentions through Malachi the covenant that He made between Himself and Levi He lets it be known that this was a sacred contract between Himself and him and Levi took it very seriously. Levi understood that God was responsible for His people and that he was responsible for keeping them reminded of that and that their response to God should always be a response of faith and gratitude. God made them a people feared by other nations and kingdoms so that they could live in relative peace and free of war. It was only when they became entangled with those other nations in faith and finances that they suffered as a result.
    There were strict rules given to Levi about acceptable sacrifices which God would accept. At the time of Malachi's writing, those rules were along time forgotten. The attitude of most toward God was accept what I bring or leave it, it is all You are going to get from me. It has become the same today if people bring God any gifts at all. We have yet to see the suffering that comes on a country as a result. It is coming WE are hearing about it now and it will only get worse. God does not need this countries money, He wants it heart, its affection.

User Info Menu

11 Judah has dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah has profaned the holiness of the Lord which he loved, and has married the daughter of a strange god.
    12 The Lord will cut off the man that does this, the master and the scholar, out of the tabernacles of Jacob, and him that offers an offering unto the Lord of hosts. Malachi 2:11-12

So many people today believe that they are safe because they offer God a pittance of their lives. They say within themselves, "Here it is God, take it or leave it" and expect Him to take it and like it. So they know who it is that hey are talking to and dealing with? It does not appear that they do. This is the One who stood in eternity before time began and created in His thoughts what an ideal world would look like and an ideal creature would be like. He created the heaven and the earth specifically to put this creature called mankind in it. It was crated for mankind as a place of existence unlike any other place anywhere. It was to be his home in perpetuity where he could live at peace and enjoy what His creator had made for him. God would fellowship with him and enjoy a relationship with this being that He did not have with any other being in existence. This being would relate to God and with God on a level that none other could. This being would do this because it was the desire of his heart to do so and not because he was a mere robot programmed to do so. This is what God wanted from man then and this is what He wants from man now. Man, however wanted to be independent of God and to go his own way. He did and he does and therein is the problem. God wants us to love Him as He has loved us and I don't know if we are capable of that or not. Oh, how we have broken the heart of God again and again and Oh, how God has offered to forgive us and to restore that unique relationship between Himself and us. I am so grateful to Him and quite often ashamed of myself. God is holy and righteous and forgiving. I am human ans selfish and quite often ashamed. God forgive me. God, help me to be like You.

User Info Menu

13 And this have you done again, covering the altar of the Lord with tears, with weeping, and with crying out, insomuch that He regards not the offering any more, or receives it with good will at your hand. Malachi 2:13

Again and again Israel and Judah came to the Lord in times of national need and made their pleas to Him for relief and restoration. You would think that God would have been pleased with that but He was so wary of their sincerity and weary of their integrity. These tears were what we would call "crocodile tears" and was only being shed from fear of loss of what remained and not for regret for their sinful neglect of God. We have seen the same here in this country time after time when their is a national emergency such as the destruction of the twin towers in New York.
    Our politicians are so quick to invoke the name of God and to ask the nation to go to Him in prayer in times of great distress and danger. They are not ashamed of our historical relationship with God at a time when hysteria sends people running for cover. They say, "Pray for our nation" and then go to work to do everything they can to destroy the faith we have in that God they ask us to pray to. It makes no sense to me and even less sense to God. They cover the "altars" with their tears and cover the land with their fabricated fears. It is not different today than it was then. We have so many that believe that God is there as a matter of convenience and for no other reason. The God I serve is there alright, but He is not fooled at all by our insincere attempts to placate Him. He sees the heart of the person praying. The words are not enough. If a person does not intend to follow those prayers and shed tears up with a truly consecrated and dedicated life of service, He regards them not.

Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 36 76 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast