Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Manna

User Info Menu

35 It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the city from that day shall be, The Lord is there. Ezekiel 48:35

"The Lord Is There" is the name of the city of God. That is the name of the people who dwell in the city where God is. That is where I dwell even though my physical presence is on this earth, I dwell in His house spiritually and never desire to leave there to go out into the world to live as the world lives.
    Last night was the latest debate between the different candidates of the Democrat Party who desire to be the next president of the United States. They all sounded pretty desperate and talked over one another and tried to tell those listening that you can not trust the others to do this job and that they were best qualified for it even if all the others didn't think so. It is not just the Democrats that talk that way to each other, it is folks of either party who seek whatever political office they are after. I am so glad that the city where I live has a Leader who we didn't elect to that position but is there because He belongs there. He will never be deposed. The city, by the way, is the heavenly Jerusalem from above which is the mother of all of those who are redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. The father? He is God, of course. The city never holds elections because with God, there are no term limits. He is the eternal Father of the eternal Son from Whom the Spirit of the Father is sent to govern this great city. Praise the Lord! I am glad that I am a citizen and I pray for the same for all of you.
    God bless and go and have a great day.
    If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. (Rom12:18)

User Info Menu

17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing known to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, his companions:
    18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heaven concerning this secret; that Daniel and his fellows should not perish with the rest of the wise men of Babylon. Daniel 2:17-18

I love this precious book from the Old Testament. Why? Because it introduces us to the God of both Testaments in a way that no other book does. Daniel sees things that bother him because he is taught and fully believes that the kingdom of God is Israel and Judah under the Law and the Temple Worship system described by it. He is faithful to God and he and his three Hebrew companions are faithful in all that they do for God and His laws. They love God and have put their full confidence in Him. They have refused to become "Babylonian" just to fit in and to curry the favor of its king. They would rather be dead than to offend God or to break with their faith in Him. So, when their friend and companion calls upon them to pray and seek God's mercies and to reveal the secret of Nebuchadnezzar's dream to him, they get to it and will not cease to pray on until the answer comes.
    There is a song about that. Not sure who wrote it but we have sung it. I have a copy of it and it has about 100 verses to it.
    Now, if God does not respond to their prayers they will die. They know this and they also know that this king will not stop with them but will slay the other prophets of Israel and Judah as well. So much is at stake here.
    In our time, do we pray with such a sense of urgency and purpose as they did? I believe that the church of God needs to turn its heart back to the God of Daniel and the Christ of the New Testament (they are one and the same God) and seek the answers to this current world's confusion. Do we not know that if we go to the kings of this world and seek their friendship over God's that we will perish with them? Don't we understand that the only right and true answers flow daily from the throne of God and not from the political world's leaders? When we ask from God and seek His will and knock at His door, He will answer us. If we stay faithful to Him and seek our personal safety from Him, we will survive whatever current crisis looms over us. No power on this earth can defeat the kingdom of God. It is eternal and shall endure to the end and beyond into eternity.

User Info Menu

1 Fret not yourself because of evildoers, neither be you envious against the workers of iniquity.
    2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
    3 Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shall you dwell in the land, and verily you shalt be fed. Psalm 37:1-3

Are you ready to panic yet? The world is in a terrible state of fear. Our stock markets are losing billions of dollars every day. My retirement account suffers losses as a result. I recently retired and am contributing no more into it and am beginning to draw from it. Wow! I listen to the news and instead of coming together as a nation there is a lot of finger pointing going on. Who is to blame for all of this? I think a slow and methodical reading of God's Word will tell you. Believe it or not it is us.
    Is the coronavirus going to kill us all? Not likely. But, let me ask you another question more vital than that? If it was going to kill us all, are you ready for eternity? In my prayers this morning I asked God to search my heart and to see if there was anything there that would stand in the way of my having an eternal life with Him in His heaven. To me that is the most serious question any of us can ask God to address. Christ said that we believers should not fret over what bad news the world would send our way. We should expect God to bring before us the choice of life or death. In whom will we put our confidence? I believe our current president is doing everything he can do to address this current crisis but I also know that when God moves not a one of us anywhere on the face of the earth can stop Him. If this is not God's judgment on sin and sinners (and I am not saying that it is), that judgment is coming and I ask you again, are you ready for it? My faith is in God and the life He has promised me here and in eternity. When you pray today, pray like Christ told you that you should. Pray that God's will would be done here in earth as it is being done in heaven. That way, you will be in His will. Whatever happens, He is able to meet our every need. This I believe.

User Info Menu

15 The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. Joel 3:15

The problem I find with prophecy is this, if you do not have references other than the prophecy itself, you can make the words of the prophet say nearly anything you want them to mean. What I find is that when God speaks through a prophet He uses signs as indicators of what is and what is to come. It is impossible to know what God is saying if you don't understand the meaning of the signs. Take for instance the sun and the moon and the stars. These are all sources of light. The sun is the greatest source and the moon less than the sun and the stars even less than the moon. The sun is the source and the moon is a reflection of the source and the stars are luminaries in the sky that shine in the darkest of night. Stars are invisible when the sun is shining and less visible when the moon is full. They are most visible when there is no other lights in the sky to compete with them. When the sun refuses to shine there is darkness all around. If the sun does not shine, the moon has no light to reflect. The stars shine regardless unless, like the sun, God cuts off their light as well. This is true of the physical world and universe as well as in the religious realm. God is the Source of the suns's light as well as that of the moon and the stars. The light of the life of every Christian is God the Son and His light was that of God in the same strength as that of the Father. He and the Father's light was identically the same. When the Son's light diminishes so does that of the Father. Light is Truth. When the Truth is spoken by Christ He is speaking in His Father's behalf and not on His own. In today's realm, Truth has taken a huge beating and God's light is not shining as brightly as it once did. May we all pray that God's Light and His Truth shine as the mid-day sun and lead us all back to Him through Jesus Christ. Only we can refuse to walk in God's light and choose to walk in darkness. It's a stupid choice but we can, like Israel and Judah do it.

User Info Menu

16 The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of His people, and the strength of the children of Israel.
    17 So shall you know that I am the Lord your God dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more. Joel 3:16-17

On the day that Christ died on the cross of Calvary, He gave birth to the church which is the kingdom of God which exists by a new and better covenant which is why we call the books of the Bible from Matthew to Revelation the New Testament (Covenant). On the day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came to that church. It came as a mighty rushing wind. It roared into that room and filled each and every one of those in that room with the power and authority and strength of Jesus Christ. They left that room "roaring out of Zion" preaching Christ and His church which Paul tells us was and still is the church of God. This is not just any old church, it is the unique body of those who believe and place their hope in Christ and whose strength is Christ. They are not limited to any box that man might created to keep them corralled, they are a people set free to follow Christ where ever He leads them and to go in His glorious name where ever He sends them. They are not intimidated by those who threaten them harm. Those threats are like fertilizer to the seed. They only make them stronger and more determined to serve their Lord and their Savior. We are not strangers any longer to God, we are His blessed children. We are not passing through the kingdom, we are its citizens. I am one of them and blessed to be counted as
    Such. Hope you understand that if you are saved by the blood of Christ, you are one of them as well.

User Info Menu

The Daily Manna (March 4, 2020)

2 The Lord has been sore displeased with your fathers.
    3 Therefore say you unto them, Thus says the Lord of hosts; Turn unto Me, says the Lord of hosts, and I will turn unto you, says the Lord of hosts. Zechariah 1:2-3

I have been on quite a journey for the past several months. It can not be measured in miles but it can be measured in knowledge and wisdom concerning God and those very people that He called His very own and special. He expected to be able to count on them to show the rest of the world just how much better He is as the one and only true God than their make-believe gods that they created out of their imaginations. Our God is no imaginary God even if some cannot imagine Him as a god at all. He is ONE and He is TRUE and He is FAITHFUL and by Him we live and in Him we die and yet, are not dead but live eternally. This is why I don't shake in my boots over a small thing like a virus. It is not that I am minimizing the impact that this new virus has and can have on us all. It is that the God I know and serve is the God that saved Daniel from the den of lions and the three Jewish men from the fiery furnace. Like these three, I can say in confidence that if God wants us to survive, we will and if He wants us to die, we will. He is on His throne today and, as far as I know, no one has replaced Him. We live and we die at His pleasure and not our own.
    I read the headline news today from my email server that the NCAA tournament may be played this year to empty stadiums. So great is the fear of the Coronavirus that people are out buying up facemasks and sanitizer and doing everything they can to avoid coming in contact with it. It is wisdom not to run out in front of an approaching freight train expecting God to save me from a foolish decision. Christ said we should not tempt the Lord our God but at the same time, I am going to go about living my life in faith and confidence that God has already saved me from this thing called death and eternity is mine to live and I will live despite all of the negative news Satan sends my way. Live I do and live I shall and I see this as God's great gift to me through His Son, Jesus Christ.
    Some will say that I am very foolish. I don't think so. Trust in the Lord.

User Info Menu

17 Cry yet, saying, Thus says the Lord of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the Lord shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem. Zechariah 1:17
    17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
    18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:17-18

It has been a great pleasure to have the time to just sit down with the Bible and read. To read to me equals study. There are a variety of levels of study and one of those is to study for a particular message that God has laid on your heart to preach or to teach. Another level of study is to read to be edified and educated for personal satisfaction. I love all levels but this level has been good for me. Christ gave the Law and He inspired the prophets so when He says that He did not come to destroy but to fulfill, He knew all that the Law required and the prophets promised. He would meet the requirements of the Law and fulfill the promises of the prophets. Christ Jesus did not use the law or the promises to draw us to Himself but to God. Christ and God are one and the same person and, as He said, if you have seen one, you have seen the other.
    The Law is still valid. The Law is a revelation of God's moral and ethical expectations of His people. The prophecies of the prophets are still valid and every expectation generated by those prophecies are either fulfilled already or are being fulfilled in these last days of the New Testament era. There is no reason for us to think otherwise for the one thing that was impossible for Jesus to do was to lie so as to deceive us about Himself. As I see it, we are the blessed people who are benefited by His Law and His promises. We are His "City that is set on a hill and that holy hill is Zion, the church of God.

User Info Menu

1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham. Matthew 1:1

So, what about the Person, Jesus Christ? Matthew brings us forward from Abraham to Jesus telling us that He is the son of David. By this Matthew is telling us that Jesus has the only legitimate claim to qualify Him as the long-awaited Christ or in the Jewish language, the Messiah. Later, we will read in Mark that He goes all the way back to Adam as far as lineage is concerned. In John we will hear the Lord Himself say that He was before Abraham and that His lineage goes all the way back to a time before the foundation of the earth was laid. Matthew points out that Jesus is both the son of man and the Son of God. In other words, He is both fully man and fully God. Being that makes Him the unique and one and only begotten Son of God. No other person in all of the history of the world has ever been able to make that claim and make it stick. Why is this important? It gives Him all of the authority needed to stand before the Father in our behalf and before us in God's behalf. He is God's Truth and yet, He is in the eyes of God the only acceptable sacrifice for our sin.
    Several years ago I preached a message on the words "only begotten Son of God". Those words, "only begotten" tend to be replaced by some of the newer translations with the words "unique" and "one and only Son of God". When I read those translations I feel that they fall far short of what the King James translators meant by the words "only begotten". I am a begotten son of God. If you are saved you are one as well. John's first chapter tells us this. However, Jesus is God's "only begotten Son" which means that when Mary conceived this Child in her womb, it was the very holy Seed of God and not that of any man. Jesus is the son or man because He is the son of Mary and the Son of God because His being pre-existed Adam. He had His existence with God and in God and He was God and He is God and never was anything less than God. Think on this today that He was one of us and ONE WITH THE FATHER.

User Info Menu

18 And I say also unto you, That you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
    19 And I will give unto you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Matthew 16:18-19

It is amazing to me what some people call "the church". To some if not most, the church is anything that mentions the name of Jesus and, even at times, calls Him Christ. When Jesus spoke these words, He was on His way to Jerusalem to suffer an overwhelming defeat at the hands of His earthly enemies, at least on the surface it appeared that way. It appeared that way to everyone of His disciples. We know this because they all (with the exception of John) deserted Him and fled for their lives. When Jesus arrived in the area of Jerusalem He knew He was never going to leave there alive in His present body. This body that had served as His earthly tabernacle for over thirty-three years was going to die but, He also knew that it would live again.
    In a few weeks we will celebrate His resurrection from the dead and we should. It serves us in so many ways but most importantly it serves to remind us that we too shall be resurrected and, as John writes in his letters to the church, whatever He was at His resurrection, we shall be as well. But, who is the "we" in that statement. I know who that "we" will be. They will be those that were and are faithful to Jesus and who endure to the end. His church is the present day kingdom of God and, contrary to what so many believe, He only has one kingdom and not two. This church consists of all that are born by the blood and who have submitted to Him to follow His footsteps from His boyhood home to the Jordan river and into the wilderness of temptation and into the fray that does still yet today require complete surrender to God. If one does not completely surrender, they will not endure to the end. The church is such a beautiful term and I am glad to be one of those that is included in that fellowship.

User Info Menu

1 And He spoke a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; Luke 18:1

Faith and prayer are the answer to any threat to the church. Christ taught this and we must believe it. Satan is at work today just as he has always been at work. His efforts was and is to stop Christ and His church from moving forward. There is an epidemic in our land and that epidemic is sin. The wages of sin is death according to Paul and more than that, according to Christ. We are not to fear what Satan put out there to keep us from our daily assignments from Jesus but Satan can surely make it difficult for us to carry them out. So, what do we do? Pray! I have and will continue to pray against all of the diseases of man that impact daily life. I will continue to pray against those afflictions that Satan wants to use to make us think that we have nothing more to contribute to the war that Christ wages against sin. We listen to our doctors and medical experts and, we should. We should at least up to a point. But beyond that point, we need to listen to and put our faith in Jesus Christ. Our God is the God of heaven and earth and He is fully aware of any and all threats to our lives. We trust Him with our lives because we are His church and the bride of His Son. Stay strong in your faith and pray on until the answer comes. It will come.

Page 94 of 100 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast