• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This last season didn't do much more me. Since they got rid of Grant, Kari and Tory the show hasn't been as entertaining. I'll miss it. Especially the blowing :poop: up!!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Been a great ride. It has been getting a little "thin" on the myths. I recall Savage and Hyneman commenting that they didn't think it would last more than a season or two.

I do miss Kari :(

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There is only so much they can put to the test... They have had a good run, while I enjoyed it I'm not all that concerned about it. When I start thinking of shows I was sad to see go I think of Top Gear. I was very sad to see that go!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    When I start thinking of shows I was sad to see go I think of Top Gear. I was very sad to see that go!
    It will be back in March, on Amazon Prime.

Personally, I miss BattleBots. And Junk Yard Wars.

And since no one else has done so, I present: Kari Byron...
    808275_gun-discovery-mythbusters-kari-byron-girls-with-guns-girl-with-gun.gif

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'll be sad to see it all end, but I agree that they had a great run. Longer than I ever expected.

It was a classy move by Discovery to give them a final season to go out on. Most shows just get cancelled and poof... they disappear.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I hadn't watched that in years. It was a good show, and yeah, I had a Kari crush too. :D That format where they'd star on one story, midway jump to another, then something else, then back absolutely drove me to distraction. Pretty decent show compared to a lot of the crap that's on now.

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    It was a classy move by Discovery to give them a final season to go out on. Most shows just get cancelled and poof... they disappear.

it might have been a financial move, too. when a popular show has enough episodes for rerun syndication, it pays to add a few more episodes.

I don't remember which show, but I read that one show had its last few episodes fully funded by the producers, just so they could reach a magic syndication number.
    (might be 100 episodes?)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    There is only one post that I remember seeing in this thread.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    it might have been a financial move, too. when a popular show has enough episodes for rerun syndication, it pays to add a few more episodes.

I don't remember which show, but I read that one show had its last few episodes fully funded by the producers, just so they could reach a magic syndication number.
    (might be 100 episodes?)

They blew by 100 episodes years ago.

Top Bottom