Bob and Tom to be inducted into National Radio Hall of Fame | Fox 59

CTF7HrEU8AAPz8J.jpg:large

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Quit listening to them after they started laughing at everything they said! 30 minutes of content, 3.5 hours of laughing at themselves!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Quit listening to them after they started laughing at everything they said! 30 minutes of content, 3.5 hours of laughing at themselves!

Eh, they seem more grounded and cynical these days. The "endless laughter" bits are still played every now and then... but they know what's not funny, and they're just humoring people at times. I worked in radio for a bit, I understand where they're coming from. I see them more as real people than guys on the radio... I guess having those local segments helps.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good show, but don't listen as much. If you think about it, what shows do you really follow after 30 years? Hell, I don't even watch Sports Center anymore. In that industry, anyone who's earned and saved more than $10,000,000 should be in that HOF. :twocents:

Last edited:

wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Congrats to them, they are morning listening almost everyday. Hope this includes Kristi Lee and Chick. The four of them make a great team. Would like to drink a beer with Bob and watch Chick unload on Tom.... Kinda like Seinfeld when you know the skits as they happen. Like how they seem to try and take care of newer comics in a tough buisness.

cjcinin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Just saw on instagram Bob is retiring completely at the end of the year but the show will continue on as it has with his semi retirement.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I met Bob briefly when we wrapped his motorhome for a personal weekend event. He seems to be rather genuine (no real surprise there). I'm happy for him and hope he has much fun in retirement!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I met Bob briefly when we wrapped his motorhome for a personal weekend event. He seems to be rather genuine (no real surprise there). I'm happy for him and hope he has much fun in retirement!

Awesome. Bob seems like an cool guy, and... probably pretty well-aligned with most people here on INGO from what I can tell.

My dad golfed on his team in a Fuzzy Zoeller Golf Outing. I'd love to meet him someday.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I remember when they came down from Ground Rabbits or wherever that was. I met Bob a couple of times along the way, yeah he was a regular guy.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Just saw on instagram Bob is retiring completely at the end of the year but the show will continue on as it has with his semi retirement.

Well it didn't take The Amazing Kreskin to predict that retirement announcement. Glad to see him leaving with grace and dignity, he strikes me as someone who will fully enjoy retirement.

Sadly I see the show dying, at least in its nationally syndicated format, within two years or less. As a team they worked great but Tom does not have the personality to carry the show by himself as the lead. Hopefully they will leave something behind for Chick and Kristi's careers rather than driving the entire show into a pit like a bad train wreck.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I stood in line with Bob at the Indy 1500 a couple of years back. Good dude. Always have loved the show, more back in the 90s than today, but today I don't have as much time to listen either.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Today was Bob's final day with the show. They'll be uploading the full show to their website in the next hour or so.

They really never mentioned the retirement until the very end. Hate to see him go

Top Bottom