• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    From looking at different articles and watching news videos, they say the officer fired 16 times and the teen was shot 16 times. I don't know if they are correct. Is it likely to fire 16 shots and have 16 hits?

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Sounds llike Emanual has decide the officer has done wrong:

Mayor Rahm Emanuel said in a statement. "In this case unfortunately, it appears an officer violated that trust at every level".

That won't set well with the black community whether the cop did wrong or not. Hopefully the video will clear things up. One way or another. But why release it over a holiday weekend?? Bad planning, or good planning depending on your point of view I guess.

I think it will be a long weekend in Chicago and other communities. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Sounds llike Emanual has decide the officer has done wrong:

That won't set well with the black community whether the cop did wrong or not. Hopefully the video will clear things up. One way or another. But why release it over a holiday weekend?? Bad planning, or good planning depending on your point of view I guess.

I think it will be a long weekend in Chicago and other communities. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail.

He's probably seen the video.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    He's probably seen the video.

Probably, but I'd probably withhold my public opinion if I were in his position. At least until the video was releases.Normally it's innocent until proven guilty unless you are a cop these days. If the cop did wrong, I hope he pays for it dearly! I just hate to see the community suffer because of hot heads.

What I am curious about is if he is saying the cop let the community down because he shot a "black man" or if it's because he wrongly shot the man. If the man was shot justifiably it doesn't matter the skin color. Same thing if he did it unjustly.

The video will hopefully tell the story. If the cop was justified (and I am not saying he was) Emanual's statement doesn't help the community.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Probably, but I'd probably withhold my public opinion if I were in his position. At least until the video was releases.Normally it's innocent until proven guilty unless you are a cop these days. If the cop did wrong, I hope he pays for it dearly! I just hate to see the community suffer because of hot heads.

What I am curious about is if he is saying the cop let the community down because he shot a "black man" or if it's because he wrongly shot the man. If the man was shot justifiably it doesn't matter the skin color. Same thing if he did it unjustly.

The video will hopefully tell the story. If the cop was justified (and I am not saying he was) Emanual's statement doesn't help the community.

The city paid out $5 million. I'm thinking he kinda had to say something. I think you're going to have a very difficult sell, to the public, when one of 5 officers empties his weapon on anyone, and the others don't fire a round.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The city paid out $5 million. I'm thinking he kinda had to say something. I think you're going to have a very difficult sell, to the public, when one of 5 officers empties his weapon on anyone, and the others don't fire a round.

Like I said, I hope that if the officer did wrong he pays for it dearly.

Top Bottom