• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I'll give you the meat of the story here. While my Mom was standing in line at Kroger this evening, someone came up behind her while her back was turned and stole the wallet out of a purse she was wearing over her shoulder. The manager saw it on the security tape. He told her he would review everything Kroger recorded, then get back with her. I didn't say this to Mom, but I doubt much happens over this.

Just remember, people are no damn good, so be aware of your surroundings as much as possible. . .and I would dearly love to meet this dude, then beat the **** out of him for stealing from my 70+ year old Mother.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I tease women at the grocery store all the time about walking away from their purse or by leaving the top of it open or unclasped sitting in the cart and everytime they just laugh and continue on shopping like normal..
    And yes, the same thing happened to my ex years ago.. She never learned either.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I tell my wife to throw her ID and debit cards in her pocket and go. The rest is just fluff anyways.

I try to stand sideways if in a tight area, seems to help.

Sorry to hear some scum bag did that to your mom, I hope she filed a police report!

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    The key to making something happen here is her filing a police report and letting them know there is video. With some solid evidence to work with I bet she gets some action.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'll give you the meat of the story here. While my Mom was standing in line at Kroger this evening, someone came up behind her while her back was turned and stole the wallet out of a purse she was wearing over her shoulder. The manager saw it on the security tape. He told her he would review everything Kroger recorded, then get back with her. I didn't say this to Mom, but I doubt much happens over this.

Just remember, people are no damn good, so be aware of your surroundings as much as possible. . .and I would dearly love to meet this dude, then beat the **** out of him for stealing from my 70+ year old Mother.

I hope they catch them dude. I despise a thief.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Pretty much the same thing happened to my Mother several years ago as well. The scumbag lifted her wallet out of her purse while she was stooping down to take an item from the shelf. They reviewed the tape and it revealed that he was seen following her at various points in the store waiting for the opportunity to commit the crime. He was never caught and I can surely relate to the emotion that the OP felt about dealing out some swift retribution.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I'll drive down, and help .....

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Which Kroger? Btown?

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Please educate me; what is the difference between theft and robbery?

Theft is simply taking something that doesn't belong to you, a property crime. Robbery is doing the same thing, but with violence or the threat of violence. A violent crime. If I steal your garden gnome from your yard while you are not home, it is theft. If you are sitting on your porch and I stick a gun in your face and order you to give me your garden gnome, it is robbery. I do not know why I am out stealing garden gnomes.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Theft is simply taking something that doesn't belong to you, a property crime. Robbery is doing the same thing, but with violence or the threat of violence. A violent crime. If I steal your garden gnome from your yard while you are not home, it is theft. If you are sitting on your porch and I stick a gun in your face and order you to give me your garden gnome, it is robbery. I do not know why I am out stealing garden gnomes.

Because there is NOTHING better to do, in In., on Thurs., night .....

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    This is like all those people whose houses get robbed while they're out. (It's not a robbery if you're not there.)

Sorry to hear about your mom, OP. But as 45 points out, she wasn't robbed. If someone's able to take her stuff without her knowing, perhaps you (or someone close to her) should accompany her when she's out. Not implying anything about your situation (I don't even know you, or her) but if she's in danger it may be worth tagging along. If someone just swiped her wallet it doesn't sound like she's in any real danger other than going hungry.

Top Bottom