• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sounds like the terrorists are winning. When a whole school gets shutdown on a likely hoax, it is proof the fear of being a victims becomes paralyzing to masses of people. Like LA schools the other day. Bad deal.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    So someone doesn't want to take his final and creates a FB page that is fake..... wow, bet that will never happen again.

Hope that they find out the real poster behind this and make a media blitz about how he or she got busted and all that.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I haven't found online versions, but on Tony Katz this morning they mentioned:
    threats to show up at lunchtime with handguns, rifles, and pipe bombs.

So, not your typical "let's get out of school early" prank.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I haven't found online versions, but on Tony Katz this morning they mentioned:
    threats to show up at lunchtime with handguns, rifles, and pipe bombs.

So, not your typical "let's get out of school early" prank.

My 1st thought was students but one never knows these days and therein lay the problem.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    While it would be malfeasance for law enforcement to not take a threat seriously-

Has any 'mass shooter' in the US ever made a *specific* threat toward a *specific* target online and followed it up with action?

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Geeze....in my days at DHS he would have been outgunned. Funny how in the 80's we use to carry our guns to school with us....no one ever got shot or threatened. Times sure have changed.............in a small amount of time. DHS press conference now.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Geeze....in my days at DHS he would have been outgunned. Funny how in the 80's we use to carry our guns to school with us....no one ever got shot or threatened. Times sure have changed.............in a small amount of time. DHS press conference now.

I can't not read that as "Department of Homeland Security".

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Well, this certainly hits close to home. I have zero problem with the school's response.

I'd rather the school not be a designated defenseless-victim zone, though. We live in Plainfield, and all of our daughters' teachers are armed. (We homeschool.)

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Last I heard:
    2 students arrested (don't know if from Danville or Plainfield)
    Danville also closed.

Yes. Police Chief: "Get ready to go to jail." They will be charged with Intimidation, which is a felony when involving school property.
    On the other side of this, I'm relieved every day that passes and no shootings occurred in a school. The liberals win more ground when that happens. I'm more afraid of their momentum than I am some sheep sodomizer.
    Threats, and the precautionary measures taken by school officials, predate Columbine, 9/11 or any other infamous recent event. As a 6th grader in 1977, my local school quietly skipped the last day after a bomb threat was phoned in. We were having one of those time-killing field days the day before and my teacher made the announcement just before we boarded our buses at the end of the day.

Top Bottom