• ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How many of you wear a wrist watch daily, and what kind? :dunno:

I think we already had a thread about (I might even have started one, not sure) that a while back.Just curious again ...

I guess more people rely on their phone nowadays to get the time.

I'm more interested into men's watches but ladies are more that welcome to show off their timepieces as well. :ingo:

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Bulova - one every day and one for "going out" nights/dress. Both were gifts from my wife. The rest of my watches from my younger years are dead/not fixable.

I can be found without my phone on me, but rarely if ever, without my watch on.

I got my wife a fit bit for Christmas and she's obsessed with that thing. I will say the caller id feature is sweet... but every watch I ever bought her lasted about a week or less before it quit. Something with her body electric chemistry or some such crap. I thought about buying her one of those kenetic watches with no battery.... ???

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Citizen Eco-drive atomic watch.

Powered by light so it never needs a battery. Also connected to the atomic clock so I never have to set it. Nice enough for a suit, but versatile enough to wear with casual clothes too. I freaking love this watch. Got it on e-bay for under $350.

20150114_221426_zpsdsvgixbh.jpg

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I wear a citizen eco-drive titanium every day. The lack of a battery accompanied with the titanium construction makes for an extremely lightweight watch that I can wear all day and barely notice. I had a bulova that I really liked that was stolen. It was extremely heavy though. I now alternate between the eco drive and a G-Shock my wife bought me for work (LE Field).

watch_zpscvdhkfae.jpg

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Raymond Weil Parsifal.. Stainless/18K with mother of pearl face. Got it for my 50th birthday and it has rarely left my wrist in 3.5 years.

841e8c78-31b5-4d61-b8c0-88d9e0b62d65_zps21e1c8bb.jpg

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I used to wear a simple watch, but not anymore. Most often, I don't want to know what time it is.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Havent worn a watch in umpteen years. For whatever reason I was born with or developed a really good internal clock and I always know what time it is within 15 minutes. This includes an alarm clock function as well that has never failed me unless I was drop dead drunk when I went to sleep, which hasn't happened in a couple decades. Also, cell phone.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I have worn a Bulova with automatic movement for the past 4 years. I recently got a Timex Ironman watch that's more appropriate for when I'm outdoors.
    908CD4BE-E8F4-4131-B3E4-59FC8522B451_zpsxawkrmqo.jpg

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I hardly wear a watch any more BUT...I love a good watch.
    Dress watch is an old Hamilton 21 jewel that belonged to my grand father. Ultra thin, alligator strap, and real gold.
    My favorite is an old Seiko Bell-Matic that I bought in Tokyo in '72 on leave. You have to wind up a stem in it for a real bell alarm. Heavy and huge but what a time piece.
    I also have a box of the latest and greatest Japanese Quartz watches in all fancy designs. Pretty good watches but NOT so cool IMHO.

Top Bottom