Page 124 of 224 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2233

Thread: What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

User Info Menu

If you like "girl alone in the house and there's a killer on the loose" I can't recommend Hush enough....Edge of your seat from start to finish....

Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kutnupe14 View Post
    French, I think you mean. And they were speaking it in France. It kinda added to the realism.... one of my pet Peeves, is how in a lot of old WW2 movies all the Nazis had British accents.
    season 2, Kut. Its Spanish. Venezuela...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bwframe View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I notice a lot of shows now days seem to have an inordinate amount of foreign languages in otherwise English series?
    Yes. I'm seeing that more and more.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Hah, I'm trying my best to see things I should have seen by now. Figured since the movie took place in November 2019, it was appropriate. It's nice to see they were optimistic enough to assume Atari would still be around as a major player. They did correctly predict that Coke would dominate Pepsi. Never did get past green phosphor CRT monitors, though I understand when predicting the future they couldn't necessarily know how to fake an LCD. It's kind of odd... today we can make-up future tech with ease... but in 1982 it was all so new that it wasn't easily predicted.

On the topic of Harrison Ford... I've still never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies... they're on my list.
    In 1982 there was no CGI. So would have been really cheesy to simulate even if their imaginations would have dreamed it.

Wait. WHAT? Youíve never seen a Indiana Jones movie?

Mods. Perma-uber ban for the INGO memberberry known as GP-whatever.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Really?!?

Watch them in order, of course, but I'll give you my personal ranking.

1. The last crusade
    2. Raiders of the lost ark
    3. Temple of doom
    4. Crystal skull
    And you're on the thin ice with GPIA too, with that nonsense. Raiders of the Lost Ark, clearly is the best.
    I Have the Worst Crew Ever

User Info Menu

I would go with Raiders, Temple, Crusade. Not a lot of distance between them though. So no one needs banned because of mis-ordering them: youíre forgiven. Chrystal Skull makes the list just because itís on the list.
    I have spoken.
    If youíre woke you dig it.

User Info Menu

Crusade - 10
    Raiders - 9.9
    Temple - 5
    Crystal skull - negative 2

Plinker

User Info Menu

Netflix Favs: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, The Seven Five, Sons of Anarchy

Prime Favs: The Wire

Those shows and the documentary are highly addicting in my opinion and should keep you entertained for a while haha.
    The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Crusade - 10
    Raiders - 9.9
    Temple - 5
    Crystal skull - negative 2
    Yup.

I made my wife watch Temple (non Netflix) - because it's Indiana Jones and I love that movie!

Then when it was over, my wife and I looked at each other:
    "Wow, I don't remember that movie being that bad."
    "Kate Capshaw is a shrill, hollow stand in."
    "The action just doesn't stop, so there's no time for any plot or characters or ..."
    "huh."
    "huh."
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    You would do well to avoid his "caramelized banana" trap offer.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Hah, I'm trying my best to see things I should have seen by now. Figured since the movie took place in November 2019, it was appropriate. It's nice to see they were optimistic enough to assume Atari would still be around as a major player. They did correctly predict that Coke would dominate Pepsi. Never did get past green phosphor CRT monitors, though I understand when predicting the future they couldn't necessarily know how to fake an LCD. It's kind of odd... today we can make-up future tech with ease... but in 1982 it was all so new that it wasn't easily predicted.

On the topic of Harrison Ford... I've still never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies... they're on my list.
    At least you're doing it. Just because announcing them - some of us have we hearts.

I've been doing the same with my wife - made her watch Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Apocalypse Now, Temple of Doom, Rosemary's Baby, Night of the Living Dead, etc., etc.

At a minimum, she now gets all the movie quotes. Like when I lose something and search for it at home: "Just give me back that [thumbstick], Lance. It's a good [thumbstick], and I will not harm you; just give it back."
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by printcraft View Post
    You would do well to avoid his "caramelized banana" trap offer.