Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 133 of 148 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1480

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grogmister View Post
    Was a great movie. Watched it over the weekend.
    In progress. Moments of greatness but really could have been edited more. Pacino as Hoffa is still Pacino.

User Info Menu

I watched Colossal on Hulu. I liked it quite a bit, but it's definitely not for everyone.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hohn View Post
    In progress. Moments of greatness but really could have been edited more. Pacino as Hoffa is still Pacino.
    Ah, "The Irishman".

Yeah, there's a superb 2 1/2 hour movie hidden inside that very good 3 1/2 hours.

It was the best made-for-a-streaming-service movie I have seen.

Some things are distracting (no real spoliers)- for instance, the digital manipulation to make Deniro (and Pesci to a lesser extent)look younger and older is impressive, but changing the face on a 70 something year old man leaves a younger face on a body that moves like a 70 something year old. Watch the scene at the grocery store. Also, the scene in the steam room- Deniro's head on someone else's body and it was obvious.

Final thoughts, I guarantee you that Netflix told Scorsese that he had 100% control of the final cut....and this is what happens when you tell that to a director who loves every scene he filmed. Also, stunt casting- Harvey Keitel had how many lines? 2? 3? And I I love Steven Van Zandt, but he can't lip synch. And yes, everyone loved the folllowing (steadycam) shot in "Goodfellas"....so why not do like 3 or 4 in this one?

Like I said, there is a superb movie in there somewhere.
    ​Bullies suck. They also make you stronger.

User Info Menu

Picky Picky Picky.

It was a great flick.
    I all too often ran out of talent well before the exit of the turn. (© Señor Mouse)

User Info Menu

I just finished up Good Omens on Amazon. Fantastic. Well written, good acting, good effects. Nothing to knock your socks off, just an enjoyable irreverent romp.

Plinker

User Info Menu

The Expanse is about to come back out, if you are into space its a great show. They try to be fairly accurate to physics, seasons 1-3 are on Amazon now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JSJamboree View Post
    The Expanse is about to come back out, if you are into space its a great show. They try to be fairly accurate to physics, seasons 1-3 are on Amazon now.
    I'm waiting. It's by far my favorite current show on any of the streaming services (that I've seen).

I started watching Vikings, but I'm not sold on it. Apparently I watched 1 1/2 episodes at some point. That's where I stopped it at again coincidentally. I might at least give the rest of the second episode a chance.
    Medium speed. Moderate drag.

Shooter

User Info Menu

Im watching some of the older Marvel movies on Amazon now when I do my runs on a treadmill. Much better then staring at a blank wall.

User Info Menu

Just started Greatest Events of WWII in Colour on Netflix. Pretty cool so far.

Hop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GPIA7R View Post
    Just started Greatest Events of WWII in Colour on Netflix. Pretty cool so far.
    Yes, I found that show on DirecTV and had them all on DVR but just shut off DirecTV. I'm glad I found them being streamed online.

Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/