• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Anyone else catch the new X-Files episode last night? It was good to see the original intro to the show. Same creepy music that sent chills. The story line in the first one was a little jumbled up. Guess they were trying to catch up the show after 14 years. It got better as the episode went on. Was nice to see Skinner and the CSM are back. Hoping the Lone Gunmen make an appearance. Next one is on tonight on Fox.

NEL2xAkZgiYKPN_1_b.jpg

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got it on the DVR. We'll watch it tonight. It is supposed to go back to the "original recipe" that made the series so successful. Only 6 episodes, though, and I suspect it will be forever over after that. Anderson, at least, has a lot of other commitments.

13427437_1.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I've never seen an episode of the x-files. Would I be lost if I watched the new ones not having seen the old?

Starting tonight, each of the five episodes left, are supposed to each stand on their own. Much like the original show did. There some original characters like the Cigarette Smoking Man and the Lone Gunmen that will have more impact if you had seen the originals. You should be fine watching the new show.

From what I have read, Fox plans on doing the new X-Files program in batches of six, to work around the main characters commitments to other projects.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I am interested, so far.

Hoping the Lone Gunmen make an appearance.
    Dude! They all died from radiation exposure, didn't they?
    It may have been the last episode, not sure.
    But then again, Smoking man was incinerated and he is back.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Watched the original and watched last night. It was a bit choppy to start and it did pick up a bit and I will continue to watch. I was worried about 20 mins in that it was going to suck and there would be a shark jumping moment. Time will tell, if I am not hooked after tonight I'm out.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Starting tonight, each of the five episodes left, are supposed to each stand on their own. Much like the original show did. There some original characters like the Cigarette Smoking Man and the Lone Gunmen that will have more impact if you had seen the originals. You should be fine watching the new show.

From what I have read, Fox plans on doing the new X-Files program in batches of six, to work around the main characters commitments to other projects.

thanks for the reply. I might just check it out.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I was pleasantly surprised about last nights episode. I think they did real well with it. Im glad they left the opening credits the same as the original.

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Tonight's episode was really graphic and really good. Scared the bejeebers out of the entire family.

For those who want to catch up, here is a really good vid.

[video=youtube;UgRUzEdPfHA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgRUzEdPfHA[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I missed last night, but caught tonight. It was tolerably enjoyable. Definitely better than the movies.

Top Bottom