Info for the new guys looking at the ads section...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Please read to the bottom before responding to this post:

It seems like lately we have had a influx of new members (and older members that have seldom posted). And with them comes a lot of confusion and a bit of drama. I am going to guess it's because you have lost access to your favorite social media gun out let. Sorry to hear about that. But this isn't a place to market your guns for sale or to shop for them. I know this comes as a great surprise to you! But it is the truth. We aren't Armslist.

We do have a great ads section. I agree. Probably the best of any of the other Indiana gun forums. But, access to that part of the forum is for contributing members
    . Sorry if that gets you butt hurt. But, WE DON''T WANT THIS PLACE TO BE KNOWN FOR GUN SALES!! Yep, I am yelling. And yelling as loud as you are for being called out in an open forum for being opportunistic.

We see your one word, one line comments meant to bump your post count.
    We aren't that stupid. It's really obvious to us. Can we suggest putting a little more effort in to our website? It's really not that much to ask. If you don't want to do the quality post route that's just fine. Support the site with a donation. It's money well spent. And will help make sure this place is still here the next time you want something. Either do it with quality posts or a donation. It's really just that easy to become a site supporter.

I want to also let you know that being called out for the obvious isn't the end of the world, nor the end of your time on INGO unless you want it to be. Members that have been called out do go on to be awesome members of this forum. Please be one of those. We don't relish the thought of loosing a prospective member. That's the truth! A membership that is lost doesn't help this place grow.

Basically what we are saying is we want you here. We will welcome you. But you are in our house. Act like a grown up. Not a scorn child. Learn how this site works. You will grow to love this place. And probably become as protective of it as we are. We will welcome you but please remember that you found us. At this point you need us more then we need you. Prove your worth and become a valued member. Have a membership that is valued.

If you don't agree, well there's Armlist and a few other websites that are more geared towards your objective. But you will miss out on the brotherhood that is INGO. This is a awesome place. It is kept awesome by the members and the mod staff. We have the best mod staff. And I am saying that as a member who has 3 infractions by this staff. Yep, I was an idiot in the ads section. I learned from it and have gone on to be a better member of this site.

You have been warned. Probably many times by now. You now know how we roll. It's not hard to understand. And we are (believe it or not) easy get along with. If you hang around you will find that out.

Welcome to INGO. Help us in our continuing effort to make this the best Indiana gun forum. :ingo:

I suggest people point the new members that are having issues to this thread.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/3865-forum-rules-forum-tips-please-read-before-posting.html

Added info from another member:
    And, I just want to add something that 1911 missed, many of us longer-time INGO'er will not deal with new 50 post wonders. We want to know a little about the people that we are dealing with. This isn't Armslist and we put measures like this in place to make sure it doesn't turn into another Armslist.

Last edited:

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    And, I just want to add something that 1911 missed, many of us longer-time INGO'er will not deal with new 50 post wonders. We want to know a little about the people that we are dealing with. This isn't Armslist and we put measures like this in place to make sure it doesn't turn into another Armslist.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

I added it Sam! TY.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If I'm on and see runners they will now get neg rep. I'm done with our community coming under attack from runners.

smidrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2016
    Next Door
    Glad to (your right) found this place and looking forward to having the ability to learn some good knowledge (and I hunger for knowledge) (ask my wife)..I have done learned some good info (darn Saiga20) on INGO and am glad to be here and would love to continue to grow on this site. At first I was ready to hop on the classifieds BUT that has change (was shown the light) and I like to add my two since and learn some good information on my fire arms (like getting my chops busted over that Bushmaster patrolman I bought)...Anyways I'm here to stay as long as you all will keep me. Thanks

Don't worry, Don't plan on running that's my word... and that's all I got..

Smidrow Out

P.S. Always looking for U.B.A member.....just F.Y.I :ingo:

DN40SW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2016
    Avon
    As a newbie still learning the nuances of the site, the shorthand & the personalities of the long time members, I appreciate the guidance. The classifieds are fun to browse. But some of us are more here for how to knowledge than just to do business. I can buy just about anything I want from one of six shops within a few miles of home. I'm glad the rules are in place to keep the integrity of Ingo.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    As a newbie still learning the nuances of the site, the shorthand & the personalities of the long time members, I appreciate the guidance. The classifieds are fun to browse. But some of us are more here for how to knowledge than just to do business. I can buy just about anything I want from one of six shops within a few miles of home. I'm glad the rules are in place to keep the integrity of Ingo.

My personality is pretty easy to learn, I am ****ing sunshine I will brighten your day!

Welcome aboard, DN40SW

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

:yesway:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Glad to (your right) found this place and looking forward to having the ability to learn some good knowledge (and I hunger for knowledge) (ask my wife)..I have done learned some good info (darn Saiga20) on INGO and am glad to be here and would love to continue to grow on this site. At first I was ready to hop on the classifieds BUT that has change (was shown the light) and I like to add my two since and learn some good information on my fire arms (like getting my chops busted over that Bushmaster patrolman I bought)...Anyways I'm here to stay as long as you all will keep me. Thanks

Don't worry, Don't plan on running that's my word... and that's all I got..

Smidrow Out

P.S. Always looking for U.B.A member.....just F.Y.I :ingo:
    Unless they up the required amount I'd say you're good to go with 95 smidrow. ;) Welcome aboard, and thank you for being a contributing member and proving that we really do want new people to stick around.

Top Bottom