7 years in the making! Our Adoption Story.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    image.jpg

:baby: Meet Thomas, 6 lbs. 7.8 oz. 19 1/2" born on March 11th at 9:37 pm! He was discharged from the hospital this afternoon and safe and sound at home. This was a blessing from God, 7 years in the making.

For those of you who may not know the whole story, my wife can not give birth, but has ovaries. We tried the costly invetrofertilization twice with a surrogate mother who was a nurse from IL. Both devastating failures emotionally and financially.

We opted for the adoption route which then found us on a waiting list. Yet another gamble. Coming up on 4 years, we were starting to contemplate the foster parents route. On Sunday, March 13th, we were in our Sunday routine of church, going to the gym, then shopping before going home and having brunch. We were in Kohl's shopping for My wife's sorority charity event on Monday when her phone rang (which was odd that someone was calling before noon on a Sunday). I looked over to see my wife pale, shaking, weeping, motioning for me to come over. That's when I heard over the speaker phone there was a baby boy waiting for us over at the hospital. We got to meet and bond with him yesterday into the night, but we're not allowed to stay. He was to be discharged today, March 14th, where he is now home.

My Mom, who coincidentally just started her spring break, is here after driving from southern Indiana, to my sister's, near Columbia City, where the she had tons of baby stuff from our niece and nephew stored for us waiting for today. So much so, my sister's family will be visiting the little guy when they bring the second round of supplies next weekend to NWI.

It's been quite a whirlwind of reality, but we are all well and truly blessed. God had a plan for us, apparently now was the time.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    If you need anything let me know. We have a bunch of baby stuff in the attic from my son. It's only 3 years old or so, much of it in great condition.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Looks like Thomas has chosen his new parents. You and your wife have truly been blessed. Congratulations on this glorious new beginning.

Prayers for lovemachine and his wife as well. Stay positive for the blessing that awaits the both of you.

nbunga

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Congratulations and many blessings!! Adoption can be a very long bumpy road. It's all worth it in the end. My wife and I had about the same timeline as you did. We ended up with a son and a daughter only 8 months apart. It truly is on Gods time.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    My beautiful daughter (clearly adopted- cause she's beautiful and has none of my ugly genes) is eleven.

And she is the joy of my wife's and my life.

It may take a little while, but you will come to the realization that God is very particular about how He handles adoption prayers. And when His hand and design are revealed, you will understand how very involved He was in each step of your journey.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    There is nothing like little babies, I am glad for people who adopt (and foster then adopt) babies and children. My wife and I had our daughter on January 2nd and it has been awesome ever sense. Take tons of pictures, they get big fast (my daughter was 4lbs 14 ounces a week after she was born and is now (9 weeks later) 9lbs 2 ounces). Congrats on teh little one, if you have a once upon a child or other second hand baby store, they are awesome for just about anything. Don't buy clothes at full price unless you absolutely love it.

Top Bottom