• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We do seem to be heading that way though.

I do remember lectures in the Navy about us being subject to the laws of the country we are in.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Hey, they are nice people.
    The prosecution asked for life sentence of hard labor and they graciously agreed to ONLY 15 years hard labor.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

I do remember lectures in the Navy about us being subject to the laws of the country we are in.

Yep
    When we went on our UNITAS cruise (complete circumnavigation of South America), they warned us in no uncertain terms about the perils of breaking the law in a foreign country.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I recall one of those experiences in my youth when, while working on a construction project, I noticed an older guy with a couple of fingers (middle and ring) missing from his left hand. Assuming this to be the product of an accident from which I might benefit by learning from his experience rather than discovering it myself, I inquired. As it turned out, in his youth, he had been in the navy. When the ship docked in Turkey, those fingers got sticky and the Turks kept them.

They are just stacking a pawn up for the next round of nuclear talks.

Oh yes, we let Little Kim get his grubby paws on a working nuke and a missile to deliver it, but we got that dumbass college kid back!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Why on Earth would anyone voluntarily go to north korea? I volunteered for South Korea and spent a year at Taegu, but that was REALLY different than going to somewhere north of the DMZ. Are people this dumb? I guess that's a big YES!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why on Earth would anyone voluntarily go to north korea? I volunteered for South Korea and spent a year at Taegu, but that was REALLY different than going to somewhere north of the DMZ. Are people this dumb? I guess that's a big YES!

We're you in the service? And what year (in Taegu)?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We're you in the service? And what year (in Taegu)?

USAF 92-93. That was a really good assignment. I learned a lot about the job since their was only 26 AF assigned there at the time (most people thought the base was closed when the aircraft left in 91, I did too until I got the assignment). There are several places like that around the ROK.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    USAF 92-93. That was a really good assignment. I learned a lot about the job since their was only 26 AF assigned there at the time (most people thought the base was closed when the aircraft left in 91, I did too until I got the assignment). There are several places like that around the ROK.

Ha, my pop was there that same time, abouts. Army Aviation.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    What kind of country did that dumbass (probably rich and liberal) college puke think NK was? "Oh, this will be a great place to visit, Dennis Rodman had a great time didn't he". NK may be the city state equivalent of the short bus but they think they are so important that they will do something like this just to get attention.

Similar to the idiot Italian girl that wanted to prove how peaceful muslims were by hitchhiking across some sand pit litter box of a country and got raped and killed.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! And, IMO, going to North Korea has got to be "up there" as far as stupid games go.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    What kind of country did that dumbass (probably rich and liberal) college puke think NK was? "Oh, this will be a great place to visit, Dennis Rodman had a great time didn't he". NK may be the city state equivalent of the short bus but they think they are so important that they will do something like this just to get attention.

Similar to the idiot Italian girl that wanted to prove how peaceful muslims were by hitchhiking across some sand pit litter box of a country and got raped and killed.

Some people have to learn the hard way. Unfortunately it appears that we now have an entire generation of dumb mf'rs that are literally falling over themselves to learn things the hard way. Terrifying, is it not?

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! And, IMO, going to North Korea has got to be "up there" as far as stupid games go.

During his sentencing he pleaded for mercy, saying that stealing the poster was the dumbest thing he has ever done. I agree with you, thinking that North Korea was a tourist destination is pretty high on the list.

Top Bottom