• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I was out yesterday afternoon with my supervisor visiting a few accounts down South. He takes a phone call while we are driving down 37, and after hanging up, he turns and looks at me with the most vacant stare I have ever seen. The phone call was from one of my young co-workers that is around 25 years old. He wasn't feeling well, and if my supervisor was anywhere close to him, he wanted to have some Immodium brought to him.

I thought he was joking when he told me that, but it turns out he was dead serious. I really don't know what to think. On one hand, is this kid that stupid he thinks one of our supervisor's responsibilities is be his nanny, or is he so spoiled and pampered he's almost useless? God have mercy on us if this is the direction our youth is headed.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Who do you work for? My 25 yo cousin has awful diarrhea and lives in your area. He almost called off work but didn't want to leave his supervisor in a pinch

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I could see this as being reasonable. Is he in a position where he can't leave the desk/counter/jobsite? I'd do that too if I needed to keep the job and leaving or calling in would put that in jeopardy. At least he had the fortitude to tough it the best he could instead of leaving someone hanging, which is something that many in my generation lack.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I could see this as being reasonable. Is he in a position where he can't leave the desk/counter/jobsite? I'd do that too if I needed to keep the job and leaving or calling in would put that in jeopardy. At least he had the fortitude to tough it the best he could instead of leaving someone hanging, which is something that many in my generation lack.

While it does happen, it's rare we are stuck at the same location all day. Usually we move from three to eight customers each day, so there's plenty of time to stop somewhere. I would have a little more sympathy for the guy, but I also know that he had a league function after work, so how bad could he have been? Dude is somewhat clueless. Trust me.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    While it does happen, it's rare we are stuck at the same location all day. Usually we move from three to eight customers each day, so there's plenty of time to stop somewhere. I would have a little more sympathy for the guy, but I also know that he had a league function after work, so how bad could he have been? Dude is somewhat clueless. Trust me.

I see. In that case, it could be setting up for a call-in tomorrow. (Don't ask me how I know.)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sounds like a good way to keep the boss away if you have something else going on... If one of my people have the stomach flu (yeah, I know) I don't want to be in their area.

Top Bottom