• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Tiger Lives Matter. Especially rare ones. You can hire another trainer. Can't get another rare tiger.

Most likely, they don't even have real, effective ammo on-site.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    When one puts themselves in a bad situation, bad things can happen.

Getting in an enclosure with an animal often prefaced with "Man-eating" and with no means of protection, sure sounds like a bad situation to me.

Prayers to the family and co-workers.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Most likely, they don't even have real, effective ammo on-site.

I used to think the same way but I doubt that's the case there and I know it isn't the case here in Indy. I've been fortunate to have two "behind the scenes" tours of the Indianapolis Zoo and was surprised at how candidly the trainers talked about where their animals would need to be shot to kill them quickly. I expected full on tree hugger, animal lovers who would have resented my presence but was pleasantly surprised that they were all very understanding of the necessity to prevent human injuries or death.

The Indy Zoo has some very large caliber rifles on hand and they bring them out to practice on occasion. They've always offered to let me shoot them but I have no interest.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I've had the same tour here in Fort Wayne, and zoo management was very explicit in their instructions...human lives come first, and any escaped animal that poses a threat is toast, per the zoo's directives.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "PETA sends our condolences to the zookeeper's family and hopes that this incident will save human lives in the future by making zoos everywhere reconsider the confinement of big cats and other wildlife."
    How insensitive can you be to try and use this tragedy to promote your twisted agenda?

Oh, wait...

Top Bottom