• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Last Tuesday I had the pleasure of meeting and hearing the True Story of Benghazi from Kris "Tanto" Paronto. He was one of the main character's in the book and Movie 13 Hours. As a former US Army Ranger and Blackwater employee he was one of the folks responsible for Security at our Embassy. His rendition of the attacks on our Embassy and Annex in Benghazi were Riviting to say the least. I got a Signed Copy of the book 13 Hours and couldn't put it down once I started reading it. If you get a chance to hear Kris Speak, its well worth your time.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hearing this from others as well as in here I will have to wait for the right time to watch this.
    My tolerance for Gov. idiocy is at an all time low right now.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Hearing this from others as well as in here I will have to wait for the right time to watch this.

Trust me, it will **** you off. But every American should watch this movie.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

I picked yesterday (July 4) to watch this. It made a significant political statement with very few words. It will definitely leave you angry.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Was he security at the consulate, or the CIA annex? DSS?

Annex:

Mr. Paronto was part of the CIA annex security team that responded to the terrorist attack on the US Special Mission in Benghazi, Libya, September 11th, 2012, helping to save over 20 lives while fighting off terrorists from the CIA Annex for over 13 hours. Mr. Paronto’s story is told in the book “13 Hours” written by Mitchell Zuckoff and his five surviving annex security team members.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I haven't read the book, but I'm honestly surprised that his DSS compliment was so small, especially considering there were no Marines. Too high value a target to have such paltry protection.

If you watch the movie you kind of get the ideal they were trying to blend in and not make a big presence. Someone figured they would be less intimidating without a large presence I guess. It turned out to be a very stupid mistake. I am not sure who's decision it was but no one has paid nearly the price the people did on the ground there. I guess that's what pisses me off. First comments out of the White House were "not our fault' Then when anyone tried to learn anything about this, it was met with a stone wall.

It's a tragic event that was avoidable. All of it from the beginning to the end was handled **** poorly.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    I purchased the movie,what a eye opener, They are Heroes and got left to fight it out due to lack of support from our fearless leaders!!!!
    Check out the movie.

Top Bottom