• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Since I can't post this in the thread you started, I started one of my own. I'm staging an INGO intervention. All I can say is, "Don't do it man!" Life isn't that bad. You still have lots of years of shooting high quality firearms ahead of you. If you need some support, I'm sure we can start a Go Fund Me page on your behalf. Make the right decision.... say no to the Hi-Po!

;)

Kut (is concerned, lol)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Ha ha. I appreciate the concern. It's taken me a long time of deep reflective introspection to work up the courage to publicly admit that I want to buy ... wait for it ... another Hi-Point.

I already have a carbine, so I'm already damaged goods.

You could say I landed in the gutter ... and bounced lower.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    haters.jpg

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The rifles have intrigued me for a while. :wrongdoor:I'll have one to play with someday. 45acp carbine sounds cool.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Ha ha. I appreciate the concern. It's taken me a long time of deep reflective introspection to work up the courage to publicly admit that I want to buy ... wait for it ... another Hi-Point.

I already have a carbine, so I'm already damaged goods.

You could say I landed in the gutter ... and bounced lower.

giphy.gif

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Don't feel bad mc....

Gunaria was in the shop Saturday to pick up a transfer and told me he was down in Kentucky a couple of weeks ago....

"Man I had to have it...I didn't even know they made them so I snagged it.."

"What Jase? A 10/22 in 22 magnum???? A Smith and Wesson model 66 with a factory 3 inch barrel???? A true Remington Rolling Block from Zapata in 7x57 mauser??? What???? WHAT DID YOU GET????????

"A Hi Point Carbine in .380...Did you know they made them in that???"

"Really???? Are you *&(^&^% kidding me???? Dude....You need an intervention..."

"Whatever...I like it..."

True story...He just kept grinning...I swear I think he bought it just to see my face when he told me...

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    There's two kinds of shooters. The one kind who enjoy shooting their High Point carbine because it's so much fun..............and the other kind who would love to have that much fun, but are too worried about what others might think. :)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Don't feel bad mc....

Gunaria was in the shop Saturday to pick up a transfer and told me he was down in Kentucky a couple of weeks ago....

"What Jase? A 10/22 in 22 magnum???? A Smith and Wesson model 66 with a factory 3 inch barrel???? A true Remington Rolling Block from Zapata in 7x57 mauser??? What???? WHAT DID YOU GET????????

True story...He just kept grinning...I swear I think he bought it just to see my face when he told me...

Taurus makes a .380 revolver. He needs one now as a BUG to his tactical carbine so they can share ammo.*

*the one I handled actually had a decent trigger. Taurus may have stepped up their game a bit, at least in that area.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Don't feel bad mc....

I've been thinking that one of those might make a good suppressor host. I reload for .380 auto and have run heavy bullets such as 115gr and 125gr without issue, but almost all factory ammo should still be subsonic even out of the longer barrel of the carbine.
    Relative advantages when compared to 9mm:
    1. The lower powder charges used in .380 auto means less gas volume that the suppressor has to deal with.
    2. Lower muzzle exit pressure than 9mm (less blast for the suppressor to suppress and less baffle erosion).
    3. The fast powders and reduced gas volume should mean less ejection port blast/noise.
    4. The fast powders should mean 100% burn well before the bullet gets to the suppressor (lower gas temps means the suppressor runs cooler and more efficiently).

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    You guys will all be eating your words when I roll out to the next training class with my Hi-Point fo-tay in my tacticool drop leg holster and my carbine strapped on with my bungee single point sling.

Top Bottom