• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    So I have a coon in my crawl space and trapping it has not worked out too well. I've got the same cat a few times, but no coon. Anyone near Brownsburg want to turn their coon dog loose in my crawl space? If so, PM me and we can make arrangements.

olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    I've had really good luck baiting a live trap with marshmellows, but for some reason they only like the good brands like Jet and not the generics. I trapped about 10 of them one summer using this method.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Bait your trap with a piece of cantaloupe hung from string over the trigger. Cats aren't cantaloupe eaters. Coons love it, opossums too.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yup I've tried all that. The marshmallows disappeared every time without anything in the trap. The cat likes tuna and nothing came to the cantaloupe. I've tried meat, leftovers, fruit....I'm almost ready to say screw it and throw a grenade in there and just walk away.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    No sure the logistics of it but my favorite mouse trap ever is the electric one. It has two metal plates that are close but don't touch each one has a lead connected to batteries. I smear a little peanut butter in the back of the trap and when those little feet touch the front and back plates its instant game over. If you could make a large scale one that would be BA.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Yeah I'm not going in there after it with a gun. I don't see that ending well for me, the coon or the house. The door broke this winter without my knowledge, and by the time I realized it, it was too late.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No sure the logistics of it but my favorite mouse trap ever is the electric one. It has two metal plates that are close but don't touch each one has a lead connected to batteries. I smear a little peanut butter in the back of the trap and when those little feet touch the front and back plates its instant game over. If you could make a large scale one that would be BA.

[video=youtube;Fz76MUR1SSk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz76MUR1SSk[/video]

Moparracer89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    NWI
    Yeah I'm not going in there after it with a gun. I don't see that ending well for me, the coon or the house. The door broke this winter without my knowledge, and by the time I realized it, it was too late.

I should have been more specific, what I was thinking was sit at the entrance with a .22 and a bright flashlight. Not crawl in there with a .357 :ar15:

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    If you DO decide to shoot it in the crawl space, whatever you do - DONT FORGET YOUR EARPLUGS. I once fired a .22 pistol in a crawl space without hearing protection. I figured "it's only a ,22, it won't be loud". I was WRONG, and my ears rang for three days.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I should have been more specific, what I was thinking was sit at the entrance with a .22 and a bright flashlight. Not crawl in there with a .357 :ar15:

Tried that too with the wife and son stomping all over the house. It wouldn't get close enough to the opening. Waited for hours....for several nights. He's like the damn groundhog in Caddyshack, and he's making me look like Carl. "Reminds me of the Vietcong...Varmitcong..."

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    'guns are bad, mkay'. Knife? Pepper spray? Paintball gun? BB gun? Anything to skirt him toward the opening?
    scurry around and flank him out the opening?
    It's just a coon. Hell I'd give it a whirl. I'll try anything once.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    If that doesn't work, drop something soaked with coyote urine down there. Hopefully it's not a mom looking to have her babies under there. We had a momma coon crawl in our chimney and into the attic to have her litter. Three sides of the chimney were doused with yote urine. She got the babies out overnight. Then we replaced the chimney cover.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    'guns are bad, mkay'. Knife? Pepper spray? Paintball gun? BB gun? Anything to skirt him toward the opening?
    scurry around and flank him out the opening?
    It's just a coon. Hell I'd give it a whirl. I'll try anything once.

come on over Robby....I will watch almost anything once.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    If that doesn't work, drop something soaked with coyote urine down there. Hopefully it's not a mom looking to have her babies under there. We had a momma coon crawl in our chimney and into the attic to have her litter. Three sides of the chimney were doused with yote urine. She got the babies out overnight. Then we replaced the chimney cover.

Now I have not tried that. Thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom